Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why so often?: Warning:Maximum Flight Altitude Reached
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dkruseski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 791184 ft
United States

Anyone else get the "Warning:Maximum Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary" too frequently? I understand when you get it when you actually reach your maximum flight altitude, But I got it 6 times, even though I went up to it, and stayed there.

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=iOiikg

Is it possibly because, with wind buffeting up there, I'm "bumping" the max alt.?

2016-5-9
Use props
FAS1
Second Officer

United States

You have the max setting at 400 feet. Of course you are going to get the warning/notification. Change it higher and the warnings will stop.
2016-5-9
Use props
dkruseski
lvl.4
United States

I understand that, but once I hit it, I'm not ascending anymore. Plus, it'll warn me while I'm descending.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello dkruseski, it would be better if you could upload the flight record txt file and post the link here.Or you can sync the record to the server and leave your DJI account here.
2016-5-9
Use props
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

If your barometer is giving variable height readings it might cause it.  Check the altitude readout on the flight record to see if it's showing big variations.
2016-5-10
Use props
DanielMyst777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145276 ft
United States

I too am getting a lot of these excessive max altitude warnings, especially when I am between 3-5 feet below max altitude. The app goes nuts when I start a descent from max altitudes as well.
2016-5-10
Use props
Not A Speck Of
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

These aren't ultra precise measuring devices. Since is possible for you to actually fly to the ceiling, lower your craft, then rise again, the device has no other choice but to report it each time you reach it.

But when you're there and hovering, it's not such as stretch to imagine that the craft has measured you going down a bit, then back up, simply due to wavering measurements within tolerance.

I don't know if there's a user-adjustable sensitivity setting for this, but there could be (hint, hint DJI).

Chris
2016-5-10
Use props
FAS1
Second Officer

United States

dkruseski Posted at 2016-5-9 20:59
I understand that, but once I hit it, I'm not ascending anymore. Plus, it'll warn me while I'm desce ...

As not a speck said, these aren't exact precision machines. +/- 5 feet for a warning is excellent. The winds do make the craft 'bob' up and down and it gets recorded. Once you are stable and never move up or down, the warnings will stop. Any deviation and you'll get the warning when that high. Again. If you want to eliminate it, change the max height by 75 feet and keep your eye on the altimeter.
2016-5-10
Use props
FAS1
Second Officer

United States

DanielMyst777 Posted at 2016-5-10 09:53
I too am getting a lot of these excessive max altitude warnings, especially when I am between 3-5 fe ...

What do you mean "it goes nuts"???
2016-5-10
Use props
dkruseski
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-10 03:47
Hello dkruseski, it would be better if you could upload the flight record txt file and post the link ...

How do I do that?
2016-5-10
Use props
DanielMyst777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145276 ft

I mean that in prior firmware releases, the GO app would state max altitiude reached only when top of ascent was reached and would not spaz it ever so often and also not during descent from max altitude. The latest firmware release from last month changed it so the GO app repeats max altitude reached a lot more.
2016-5-10
Use props
dkruseski
lvl.4
United States

DanielMyst777 Posted at 2016-5-10 14:03
I mean that in prior firmware releases, the GO app would state max altitiude reached only when top o ...

Yup. My experience as well.
2016-5-10
Use props
jwt873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I get a 'maximum altitude' warning when I reach the maximum altitude, and another when I start descending.   Other than that, I've never received any other warnings while I was hovering or cruising at my defined max altitude.

2016-5-10
Use props
Blowin' free
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1932687 ft
Italy

Same for me

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=xgjBSQ

My max alt setting is 500  but got warnings often
2016-5-10
Use props
dkruseski
lvl.4
United States

Blowin&#39 free Posted at 2016-5-10 15:48
Same for me

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=xgjBSQ

Whoa dude!

K        06m 09s        583.7 ft        4,239 ft        Data Loss        Downlink data connection lost for 79.5 seconds

Ballsy my friend.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

There are 2 ways. You can find the flightrecord folder under DJI GO's installation directory. Then you will find some txt files named with DJIFlightrecord. Besides, you can sync your records and when it uploads successfully, feel free to post your DJI account here.
2016-5-10
Use props
dkruseski
lvl.4
United States

Took a 25000+ ft flight tonight. Stayed 10 ft under max flight altitude, no warnings at all. Must be just bumping against that causes the repeated warnings.

2016-5-10
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 286198 ft

Have to agree, there is something new going on..  I'm getting (and mentioned elsewhere) that I'm also getting the message when I start a descent from max altitude..  I understand the possibility of uplifting winds, etc. but I never got the warning when I would start a descent.  It's harmless other than being annoying..  These were my first flights with 1.8 on P3P, 1.6 on RC and 2.8 on iPad mini 2...  Had previously calibrated IMU (cold) and gimbal before flying but after update...
2016-5-10
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hello I've also have this issue with my p3p and Inspire 1. My altitude limit is at 120m. It starts giving me warnings/notifications as soon as it hit 100m+ before i've even reached the ceiling.
2016-5-13
Use props
michaelsjourney
New

United States

Mr.buGSy Posted at 2016-5-13 20:22
Hello I've also have this issue with my p3p and Inspire 1. My altitude limit is at 120m. It starts g ...

On my last two flights, I heard that warning when I was below 35 feet AGL. On the last flight, it auto-descended as soon as the warning occurred. I hand caught it. Chatted with DJI tech support today and they said to forward to them for diagnosis.  Doing a bench test (inside, no props), the DJI GO App alternated between Main Controller Data Error, Weak remote Controller Signal, and Overall Status > Accelerometer Failure and Gyroscope Error. Powered everything off and On again, and Safe to Fly Non-GPS. Went outside, new power cycle and alternated between Safe to Fly Non-GPS to Weak Remote Controller Signal
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

michaelsjourney Posted at 2016-6-10 02:12
On my last two flights, I heard that warning when I was below 35 feet AGL. On the last flight, it  ...

If you heard the maximum altitude warning and you were no where near the max setting and calibrating the IMU and power cycling does not remedy the issue and being on the latest firmware then you need to send it in.
With those messages, something is wrong with your IMU if calibrating does not fix it.
if it has not been crashed then this is an issue.
2016-6-9
Use props
digdat0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-9 13:15
If you heard the maximum altitude warning and you were no where near the max setting and calibrati ...

For what its worth, I had this alot on my p3p on Android 2.8.1. I moved to my ipad and had zero issues with 2.8.1, 2.8.2 or 2.8.3. I wondered if it was an Android issue in how it was calculating altitude. I say that, as my distances/altitudes between Android and iOS show differently, making me believe its doing different calculations. Maybe its device/platform specific.
2016-6-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

dkruseski Posted at 2016-5-9 20:59
I understand that, but once I hit it, I'm not ascending anymore. Plus, it'll warn me while I'm desce ...

I would set it for 1600 feet, problem solved?and yes there are several different new warnings that are very annoying. Especially the battery protection warning when flying fast.
2016-6-9
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

FAS1 Posted at 2016-5-10 23:38
As not a speck said, these aren't exact precision machines. +/- 5 feet for a warning is excellent. ...

I get it a lot also when I hit the max altitude. There are probably several reasons that I can think of:

1) The barometer readings can vary.

2) GPS can be off by 40 feet.

3) Winds do not cause the drone to bob up and down. However, thermal activity does. There are always rising and sinking currents of air. Your bird could hit a thermal and rise so you would get a warning or you could hit some sink and your bird tries to correct and then hits the ceiling.

My advice is to stay about 50 feet below your maximum.
2016-6-9
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

I get a "maximum altitude reached" warning when climbing stairs with a thick pile carpet - but that might be age related?
2016-6-10
Use props
Cessna172
Second Officer
United States

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-6-11 09:43
I get a "maximum altitude reached" warning when climbing stairs with a thick pile carpet - but that  ...

I know what ya mean
2016-6-10
Use props
fansf2d1563d
New

Hong Kong

Same here!… my mavic pro is same situation when he is on 5m, and dont let me to climb anymore.. anyone can help? Thx!
2017-1-15
Use props
fansf2d1563d
New

Hong Kong

Here is a screw capture..
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules