One Way flight
1552 9 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
My Flying Eye
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Seeing as there are so many trying to fly ridiculous distances with their drones, here's a few questions for you.

1.   Is it possible to set the P4 to fly to a specified weypoint and land safely? (autonomously)

2.   If so what sort of distance is possible and how accurate is it?

3.   What app did you use?

2016-5-9
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes ... you could with Litchi Waypoint.
I think there's a limit of 2km per segment between waypoints but you could set a number of waypoints to go as far as the battery would take you (if there isn't another limit in the software).
I just tested by setting up a 21 kilometre mission and saved it without Litchi complaining.
I don't think I'll fly it though.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, the P4 can also run the waypoint function like P3. Here is the video tutorial:

And you can activate WP in this location: P4智能飞行 (1).PNG P4智能飞行 (2).PNG P4智能飞行 (3).PNG
2016-5-10
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.2

Thanks for the replies.

I dislike the DJI app waypoints as you have to pre fly the route which seems pointless to me.

Litchi is much better by being able to program it from the app and then hit go.  I was wondering if I set a location on the map, how accurate is it to that point and will it land on its own whilst out of sight?
2016-5-10
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft

My Flying Eye Posted at 2016-5-11 06:23
Thanks for the replies.

I dislike the DJI app waypoints as you have to pre fly the route which seem ...

Hello Flying Eye,

I understand the fact that you don't like to pre fly the route but it is of course not pointless.
The fact is, that google maps are not always very precise. If you plan to do a low level flight (say 20 feet AGL) between trees and buildings for a shooting, then you will see that this is the only way to do to be sure that it works out with a maximum of security.
If you prefer less exactitude at a higher ground level with NO obstacles, then it's OK to go with a preprogrammed Waypoint flight with focus triggers for an overall view of the scene.

Have a good flight

Patrick
2016-5-11
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.2
United Kingdom

patou72 Posted at 2016-5-11 18:15
Hello Flying Eye,

I understand the fact that you don't like to pre fly the route but it is of cou ...

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response and I can understand better now that I have read your post.  As you say it depends on the accuracy required.

Am I right in thinking that a pre flown flight will be exact then?

Terry
2016-5-11
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft

My Flying Eye Posted at 2016-5-12 02:24
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response and I can understand better now that I have read your post.   ...

It depends also of the quality of the GPS/Glonass signal. It depends on several factors like weather, magnetic storms (K index) and naturally the precision allowed to a civil use by the owners of the GPS systems...
You got different degrees of precision dependent the use of it (military, aviation, navigation systems). I guess we will be on the lower end (remember the first war of Irak when the navigation systems Europe suddenly had a precision of +/- 300m).
I'm not an expert but you will find a lot of informations on the net. Always keep a VLOS on your AC. Waypoint navigation is great and i use it too but be ready to take over manually whenever needed.
2016-5-11
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.2
United Kingdom

patou72 Posted at 2016-5-11 22:18
It depends also of the quality of the GPS/Glonass signal. It depends on several factors like weath ...

Like most technical things, they can be very in depth and technical if you really want/need to go there.

Im new to this and am looking at a basic low level but I do appreciate your reply and understand.

Thanks.
2016-5-11
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

My Flying Eye Posted at 2016-5-12 08:07
Like most technical things, they can be very in depth and technical if you really want/need to go  ...

You can test how accurate the GPS/Glonass is by simply using RTH - in my experience its quite accurate.  Your one way flight idea would certainly work with Litchi, you could even tell it to hover at the last waypoint and then drive to the location reconnect the RC and land, so long as you were quick, Litchi does tell you how long a waypoint flight "should" take to fly.  I won't comment on the legality of doing this in the UK tho !
2016-5-11
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-10 09:06
Hello, the P4 can also run the waypoint function like P3. Here is the video tutorial:
https://youtu. ...

Thanks for sharing the video guide
2016-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules