help!! firmware verion RC and drone N/A???
4183 31 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jason666
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hi guys,

I have a P3P and have a strange problem.
The problem started with loss of signal (video) when i was flying with the drone in openfield with no obstacles.
Now i am investigating more the problem and found that if i check the DJI app, i see that the firmware version of the RC and drone is nor recognised, see picture:

http://s32.postimg.org/9epatmnh1 ... _05_09_21_11_29.png

I have video link and can start the motors, but don't dare to fly.
Below a picture with video link established:

http://s32.postimg.org/gle4n0s45 ... _05_09_21_05_46.png

Before these signal lost appear never had problems. The latest P3P firmware was installe in the drone and RC

How can i solve this?
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Jason, the links don't work.You can also post them directly in the thread.
What are the app version and OS version in your mobile device?
2016-5-10
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

You're on v2.8.0 of the app?!?  Right off the bat you might want to go back to the previous version.

I've got everything up to ver 2.7.2 of the updates (see photo)  but if I look at the "About" screen before the Phantom has a chance to link with the controller it will show a "N/A" for both the Version and Remote controller like you've got.  Power on the remote, power on the Phantom, make sure you've got a green light on the RC before you tap the "Camera" link on the App.

2016-5-10
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-10 05:36
Hello Jason, the links don't work.You can also post them directly in the thread.
What are the app ve ...

I was able to see his links.  I'll repost for you:

2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

gil Posted at 2016-5-10 17:39
I was able to see his links.  I'll repost for you:

Thanks for your help.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Do you try to reinstall the app or try to use other devices?
2016-5-10
Use props
jason666
lvl.2

Netherlands

Thanks for posting my links!
I removed the app and reinitalled again but the problem still remains. Did not try with an other device.
Any other suggestions?
2016-5-10
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

I'm kinda stumped on how you can get "Safe to Fly (GPS)" and good video when it is also showing N/A on the Version and RC...

Well, here's a thought (because I can't think of anything else at the moment) swap out the USB cable between the Tablet and the Remote Control.  Then, restart everything, including the tablet, the Remote and the Phantom.  

Something else I did a while back was disable automatic updates on my tablet.  I didn't want to be surprised by unexpected updates or problems.  Especially when they don't bother to include any release notes with the App or Firmware -- latest release notes are more than 4 weeks old (dated 2016-04-07)  and it seems like all your problems started when ver 2.8.0 showed up 2 days ago.

2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jason666 Posted at 2016-5-10 18:09
Thanks for posting my links!
I removed the app and reinitalled again but the problem still remains.  ...

What's your mobile device and its OS version?
2016-5-10
Use props
jason666
lvl.2

Netherlands

Just restarting the PC and the phantom? I have already tried this many times.
I have a samsung S5 with OS 5.0

Could it me a idea to reinstall the software again on the RC and phantom?
First downgrade?
2016-5-10
Use props
shajusm
New

India

i have the same issue.{:4_142:}
2016-5-10
Use props
shajusm
New

India

cant downgrade to 2.7
2016-5-10
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
United States

Same thing going on with my p3a, This only happened after i uninstalled the dji go app, and then reinstalled. I am using a samsung tablet sm-t337a and also the android version is 4.4.2. Let me also add yesterday had no signal, no camera view. camera did its dance, then in about 15 seconds went limp and faced straight down. Today i have camera view with same screen you posted,  all i did is turn on all my devices and check an see  if there where any updates. everything is updated rc 16.0 go app dji go app 2.8.0 and p3a succesful. I  am clueless why this is happpening, and watching threads like yours to fix. Dont no yet if safe to fly.
2016-5-10
Use props
jason666
lvl.2

Netherlands

just suddenly the firmware version appeared?
2016-5-10
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
United States

OK, tried my samsung s4 instead of tablet, and it says app 2.8.0, version 1.8.80, remote controller 1.6.0 flight controller 03z0529017 android version 4.4.2 .This is not the device i did updates with. Hope this helps
2016-5-10
Use props
jason666
lvl.2

Netherlands

so you expect that the problem is the device and not the RC or the phantom?
2016-5-10
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
United States

recent post said it appeared on his device. just saying if you have a different device with a dji go app to the latest version , would not hurt to give it a try
2016-5-10
Use props
vanzyllj
lvl.1

Namibia

shajusm Posted at 2016-5-10 12:43
i have the same issue.

Me too - same problem since the latest firmware release

DJI ditributed buggy firmware with this last upgrade - please resolve asap.
2016-5-10
Use props
jason666
lvl.2

Netherlands

i have tried with a tablet (before phone) but still the same problem.
Firmware is still not recognised ((((
2016-5-10
Use props
jason666
lvl.2

Netherlands

After restarting the drone and the RC a few times, now the firmware version is recognised.
But this does not give me a safe feeling to fly.
Is this a bug in the firmware?

2016-5-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

jason666 Posted at 2016-5-10 20:09
After restarting the drone and the RC a few times, now the firmware version is recognised.
But this  ...

Jason,

I really trhink that ; as long as you get GPS coverage and everything seems to work, it doesn't matter whether your firmware version is shown or not. I have had this problem with my P3 and my P4; never stopped me from flying and enjoying them.
2016-5-10
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-10 17:50
Jason,

I really trhink that ; as long as you get GPS coverage and everything seems to work, it d ...

I just Bought the P3A, I was able to upgrade the firmware on the aircraft to the latest version, but then the controller WON'T UPDATE!  I tried different cards, I also tried updating it using a USB flash drive.  The unit will not start the update process.  

I then tried to update using the app, but it wont go into the update mode which I have seen on youtube.  I go into the Overall Status screen, but it is blank!  No option to update the firmware. The Controller Firmware status = UNKNOWN!

This seems to me like a defective controller, or a defective firmware version.

Which one is it?
I just get RC SIGNAL LOST

I have video though.
2016-5-10
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
United States

to update my rc i have to have my p3a on as well, make sure you have batterys over 50%, also make sure you have latest version of dji go app. good luck
2016-5-11
Use props
vincent.bredoux
lvl.1

France

Update your RC with an USB key!

It is not the same version.
2016-5-11
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I gave up.  I am in IT and I have no patience to work on buggy units/firmware.

When I saw all the issues, it reminded me of the WIN 95 to WIN 98 days!!!I returned it for a refund.
2016-5-11
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

net_box Posted at 2016-5-11 16:18
I gave up.  I am in IT and I have no patience to work on buggy units/firmware.

When I saw all the  ...

You will regret that, I think. I have used almost all types of drones and for this price nothing out there beats the phantoms P3 and/or P4.
2016-5-11
Use props
digitalpro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180 ft
Philippines

vincent.bredoux Posted at 2016-5-11 21:46
Update your RC with an USB key!

It is not the same version.

i updated mine by deleting dji go app install on another device worked fine now updated
2016-12-3
Use props
hobbyteam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65039 ft
Greece

digitalpro Posted at 2016-12-4 05:30
i updated mine by deleting dji go app install on another device worked fine now updated

Hello please i would like your help as i have the same issue, since i updated to 1.9.60 firmware version on the P3A and the goapp android version 3.1.0 i  cant see the firmware version on the about section.
Instead i get a N/A note. But on the sd card i can see that the firmware was installed. I do get the app version and the controller serial number. I use a "non" recommended device such as Sony Xperia M4 Aqua, ZTE s8Q+ but i also have the same result with recommended devices such as Samsung Note 3. Everything else seems to work correctly. Could you please help?Do you have any idea why is that happening? Because when the latest firmware version for P3A was released, the 1.10.90 the goapp did not advice to update i believe because it cant read the current installed firmware version. With all previous firmware versions i did not have any issues with the mentioned devices, and i still dont have when i use them with the osmo. Tried everything, reinstalling the app,formatting the sd card, nothing worked!!!Thank you in advance, kind regards Tassos Dukakis.
2016-12-6
Use props
fans94510f5e
lvl.1
Canada

this is my first time on here please help
2017-3-31
Use props
fans94510f5e
lvl.1
Canada

please help I have a phantom 3 advanced . on my nexus 7 my firmware reads N/A rc and ac my app 2.8.0. on my ipad air 2 my firmware reads ac 1.5.30+ rc 1.8.0 app 3.1.5. the funny thing is my firmware should be ac 1.8.80 rc 1.6.0 pl. help
2017-3-31
Use props
fanseb20c3cd
New
Cyprus

Friend I have exact the same problem-solving N/A, any ideas?.
2017-9-3
Use props
siopataja
New
Flight distance : 13 ft

Indonesia

same problem with me, RC not connected to devices but devices charging when RC on
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules