Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which Filters
1529 13 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Remco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56381 ft
Netherlands

Hi,
as a beginner in filming and shooting with a drone i am looking at what
filters to use, i was looking at the polar pro's but whats the differance between the cinnema versions and the normal onces.
and what could i use best? for normal landscape / object filming on sunny days?

2016-5-10
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had quality issues with PolarPro ones with the P3 and changed to TacoRC ones ( http://taco-rc.com/phantom-4-accessories/ ) - The DJI ones are good too just a tad pricier than TacoRC but same quality.

In the UK I normally use the ND4 or maybe 8.
2016-5-10
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft
United States

I use an ND8 on a sunny day in south florida with a polarized filter at the same time. If it extremely sunny and I face the sun I use the 16. But for the most part the 8 and polarized filter has worked nice for me, but then again I'm a newbie and someone else may have more knowledge than I.  Good luck  
2016-5-10
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Remco,

My go to filters are the ND8/PL and the ND16/PL filters. The goal of the ND filters is to reduce shutter speed to 2X your frame rate. So if you are shooting 4k/30 you want shutter speed to be around 1/60th. On bright days you usually need an ND16 to get to that shutter speed.

I like the polarizers because they help reduce light bouncing off the ground back towards the camera and help improve color saturation.

The Cinema Series use a slightly higher grade of glass and are multicoated to help reduce lens flaring. The normal (Gunmetal Edition) are still great filters, just not the same production level quality as the Cinema Series.

Let me know if you have any other questions here or via email: jeff.overall@polarprofilters.com

Jeff
2016-5-10
Use props
johnwright
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33471 ft
United States

When did the cinema filters come out? I just bought 4 polar pro normal (gunmetal) version filters a few weeks ago and would definitely have opted for the cinema versions if I'd seen them!
2016-5-10
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

Which filter to use depends on the amount of light and intended result so you're going to need a couple of them. That's why it's often best to get a set. Aside from what Jeff already said, we have an article with some more tips to improve the quality of your video. Perhaps that can help you get started.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Remco , this thread may help you http://forum.dji.com/thread-50576-1-1.html
2016-5-10
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought the ones from the DJI web site
2016-5-11
Use props
fraggdya
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I like Rainbower's mini matte box, really good value, nice quality and quite a lot of versatility. Just took my first shot with them at weekend with the P4.

https://www.skypixel.com/photos/borsdane-local-nature-reserve

2016-5-11
Use props
craig.davis.850
lvl.2

United States

ND 4 seems pretty useless to me. ND 16 I use all the time. I prolly should get an ND 8, tho...especially for sunsets when it's not super duper bright
2016-5-11
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

johnwright@klpz Posted at 2016-5-10 08:23
When did the cinema filters come out? I just bought 4 polar pro normal (gunmetal) version filters a  ...

Hey John,

If you need to swap these out shoot me an email and I will get you taken care of : jeff.overall@polarprofilters.com

The Cinema Series filters were just released last week,

Thanks!

Jeff
2016-5-13
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

I have the DJI branded ND4 and also just got the Taco RC set that includes and ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND 32. The Taco set is good quality. I doubt I could tell the difference between the DJI ND4 and the Taco RC one (although I have not actually tested this yet). Both seems to work pretty well with the stock gimble guard, although the Taco set did include an alternate one.

The Taco RC set was like $68 for all 4, and came with a case. Shipping was included.
The DJI branded one was $29 and $10 shipping for a total of $39

I have a DJI branded one I would sell you for $39. Let's just say that.
2016-5-13
Use props
johnwright
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33471 ft
United States

Jeff - thanks for the offer - I've just sold my filters on eBay and make an order for the new ones. I appreciate your offer very much.
2016-5-13
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>

johnwright@klpz Posted at 2016-5-14 06:40
Jeff - thanks for the offer - I've just sold my filters on eBay and make an order for the new ones.  ...

Awesome! Shoot me an email and I can add a P4 Gimbal Lock to your order (and any other DJI Forum Members)

Jeff.overall@polarprofilters.com

Thanks!
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules