lvl.1

France

What is b and c model?
2016-5-12
Use props
danielrdgreen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388684 ft

I hope Dji and Apple sort this out soon. I am not in a position where I can wipe my iPad and I shouldn't have to. It's brand new!!! I've tried all the other steps and nothing is working.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the back of the RC the Inspire will say GL658A ,B or C. The Phantom3 Pro/Adv will say GL300A, B, or C.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

danielrdgreen@h Posted at 2016-5-13 03:30
I hope Dji and Apple sort this out soon. I am not in a position where I can wipe my iPad and I shoul ...

I totally understand and they are working on it.
2016-5-12
Use props
francofoto
New

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 00:02
Glad it's working, you're saying in the about page of the GO app the RC said 1.6, then after you c ...

Yes, exactly!  
2016-5-12
Use props
juerg.baumann1
lvl.2
  • >>>

Hi Ken

I tried with another IPad Mini 2 and a IPhone 5s and both connect. My Phone 6 and an iPhone 4s both do not connect. Really strange.

I will try over the weekend to fly and see If I loose connection after a short wile again. Would you suggest that I downgrade my remote FW version and upgrade it again?

Thanks for your help.

Juerg
2016-5-12
Use props
aviador7000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18862 ft
Germany

The RC is Model GL300C (C1) and the C1 is showed under the Modem Firmware on my iPad Pro 9.7  (this iPad is not reset to factory settings).  On my iPad 2 (reset on factory settings), there is no entry "C1"
I've tested now with an android phone, this works (but this is not my device), and i've tested with an iPhone5 (iOS 9.3.1) of a colleague, this also works. This iPhone was not reset and thera are a lot of other apps installed. So I've deleted the DJI Go app from my iPad, re-installed it - it doesn't work. Only the "How to connect"-button.
What's wrong?
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

juerg.baumann1 Posted at 2016-5-13 05:37
Hi Ken

I tried with another IPad Mini 2 and a IPhone 5s and both connect. My Phone 6 and an iPhone  ...

Your iPhone 4 will not work anyways, needs to be at least 5s.
And there's no reason to downgrade as it's not related to firmware updating.
Did you do the restore on the iPhone6 ?
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

aviador7000@gma Posted at 2016-5-13 06:49
The RC is Model GL300C (C1) and the C1 is showed under the Modem Firmware on my iPad Pro 9.7  (this  ...

The iPad2 will not work, you need at least an iPad Air for the Go app to work.
Can you try to do the restore on the iPad Pro and let me know if that works.
2016-5-12
Use props
juerg.baumann1
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi Ken:

The iPhone 6 restore was done the following way:
- Delete the DJI GO and Litchi App from the phone
- Made Backup on iCloud
- Did Factory reset on iPhone
- Made Restore from iCloud
- Reinstalled DJI GO from App Store

On the iPad Mini 2 and on the iPhone 5 I have both DJI GO and Litchi insdtalled. They do not interfere with each other.

Is the disconnect issue (I lost the connection to the App after a few minutes in the air [in very close distance], but the remote [flightcontrols, video and photo buttons] still worked perfectly) related to my current problem? This was the purpose of my iPhone6 restore attempt.

Regards from very rainy Switzerland -> I can't try out the P3P at the moment -> This gives DJI/Apple more time to isolate and fix the issue :-)

Jürg
2016-5-12
Use props
danielrdgreen
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Accordingly n to Dji Europe the problem will be rectified today.
2016-5-13
Use props
aviador7000
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 05:36
The iPad2 will not work, you need at least an iPad Air for the Go app to work.
Can you try to do t ...

oh, the iPad Pro is a productive iPad with some expensive Software, wich doesn't like those resets. I would prefer this test with my iPhone 4s, if this ist compatible to the app.  Could you give me an info about the compatibility of the iPhone 4S?
Thanks a lot
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

aviador7000@gma Posted at 2016-5-13 22:23
oh, the iPad Pro is a productive iPad with some expensive Software, wich doesn't like those resets ...

No, the iPhone 4s will not work, must be at least a 5s.
Here is the list of recommended devices.

iOS Version v2.8.1.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

juerg.baumann1 Posted at 2016-5-13 15:39
Hi Ken:

The iPhone 6 restore was done the following way:

That was not the correct sequence, after doing the factory restore (wiping everything off your device and making it like new again) DO NOT restore from the iCloud. Doing this just puts everything back into your device (whatever is making it not connect)
Please try again and since you have already backed up your device, just do the factory restore then go to the app store and install the GO app and see if you can connect. So basically the only hing you have on your device is the GO app. If it works then do the restore from iCloud and if it it then cannot see the RC, then something in the restoring is causing this. In that case, do it again and after you are able to connect, then add your apps one at a time and possibly it's one of the apps that you installed that is preventing the device from connecting to the RC when the USB cable is plugged in.
2016-5-13
Use props
aviador7000
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 16:28
No, the iPhone 4s will not work, must be at least a 5s.
Here is the list of recommended devices.

ok, thanks, i will check with an iPad mini 2 (without celular)  or with my iPad Pro 9.7 and let you know, if it works.
2016-5-13
Use props
danielrdgreen
lvl.1

How long until this problem is rectified @DJI Ken?
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

aviador7000@gma Posted at 2016-5-13 22:48
ok, thanks, i will check with an iPad mini 2 (without celular)  or with my iPad Pro 9.7 and let yo ...

Thanks, and after you do the factory restore DO NOT restore all the data back to the device. Go straight to the app store and download the DJI GO app and see if it connects to the RC.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

danielrdgreen@h Posted at 2016-5-14 01:32
How long until this problem is rectified @DJI Ken?

Using @ does not notify me, you have to reply to one of my posts and that's the only way I will know someone has a question for me.
And I'm sorry, all I know is DJI is working with Apple for a remedy and do not know a time frame.
2016-5-13
Use props
DeeperImage
New

United States

Add me to the list of $1,500 brick drone owners (with extra batteries and carry backpack).   Owning this DJI P3P has been a complete disaster.   Now more and more I'm starting to see the benefits of the YUNEEC drones with the built-in display and not relying on iOS or Android phones/tablets.   You always have the option to connect to a bigger display.     I've tried every single suggestion and have spent over 3 hours of weekend on this garbage to no avail.

Tried with:
iPhone 6s +
iPad Mini 4

RC: GL300B
DJI P3P: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080 and also tried others

2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DeeperImage Posted at 2016-5-15 01:26
Add me to the list of $1,500 brick drone owners (with extra batteries and carry backpack).   Owning  ...

i'm sorry you are having troubles, you updated the RC to 1.6 so you can fly the aircraft correct and still have RC signal to it.
It's just that you cannot connect to the app right?

After connecting the your device to the RC and powering up, you should see C1 in the general settings and get the trust message to let the RC connect with the app.Please let me know if that is not happeneing.
Also, if you are not seeing this when you connect and you know the USB cable is good, if you can please provide a video of you attempting it and I will forward it on.
Let me know, and again I am sorry if you cannot connect but we can get it going.
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
2016-5-14
Use props
Captain Bo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3 ft
  • >>>

Ken any news from DJI and Apple?
2016-5-14
Use props
kpaustin84
New

Where is developers  option on note 5.... mine doesn't say it in the green section on NOTE 5
2016-5-14
Use props
markamaxfield
New

United States

I have iPad Air 2 and could not connect. Performed a restore, installed DJI GO and now all is working.
Plan on a first flight tomorrow. Thanks Ken.
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Captain Bo Posted at 2016-5-15 03:02
Ken any news from DJI and Apple?

Not yet, if you cannot get the device to connect and in the general section you do not see the C1, then please get a video clip of it and post it.
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kpaustin84@comc Posted at 2016-5-15 03:56
Where is developers  option on note 5.... mine doesn't say it in the green section on NOTE 5

It may still work without enabling developer options. You can google to see where it is on your phone.
Important thing is if you are on Marshmallow then after connecting the RC to the app and powering up the app you have to swipe down and tap the USB for charging icon as in the screenshot on the first page of this thread.
2016-5-14
Use props
vincent.bredoux
lvl.1

Does the dji go fixes the problem?
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

vincent.bredoux Posted at 2016-5-15 13:58
Does the dji go fixes the problem?

Let me know if the steps in this thread do not let you connect to the app. You should be able to connect without issue.
These steps still need to do be done on some IOS devices if you cannot get into camera view.
2016-5-14
Use props
tholighaus
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, I think this principle does not work anything.  How can it be that I am a productive Device must completely reset and the Beck may not subsequently return from the important data play so that another software is working properly.  I think DJI should here sometimes quite quickly create a workaround.  In my iOS devices have all important data on it, and I use they stop for my Phantom, but it can not be that I reject all these data have to be.  Or must make a procedure that epic time means that I have devices that 128 GB include.  The whole BackUp and Restore process thus takes several hours.  When can you finally expect App Help?
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

tholighaus Posted at 2016-5-15 17:12
Hi, I think this principle does not work anything.  How can it be that I am a productive Device must ...

I'm sorry you are having trouble, as I stated earlier DJI and Apple are working an a remedy.
In the meantime, this is the only option I know. I do not know why some of the people's devices are not getting into the GO app. That is why a full restore (and not backing it up back to the device) is the only solution right now.
As I also stated earlier, if you cannot get into the app with all your data on your device please post a video of having the RC powered up and plugged into your device and going to the general section and see if the C1 is there. Then go to the app and open it.
2016-5-15
Use props
jpr007wolf
New

United States

Here's what concerns me with this restore idea. I updated my iPhone 6 plus and have all the issues described here. I did NOT update my iPad mini 2 and it works PERFECTLY. Seems there is a problem with the update that needs to be addressed. I don't understand why we can't get a roll-back to the previous version of the app that worked? Please advise.
2016-5-15
Use props
tholighaus
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, C1 is allways there. In the App i see the howto connect button only
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

tholighaus Posted at 2016-5-16 00:11
Hi, C1 is allways there. In the App i see the howto connect button only

Can you please post a quick video showing the general settings page with C1, then tap the C1 to show the RC's specs. Then power the aircraft and push the home screen and open the GO app.
If you can do that, it would be greatly appreciated.
And did or did you not restore your iPhone/iPad ?
Thanks
2016-5-15
Use props
Arctic man
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140164 ft
Canada

For us who uses iOS are having trouble as we know by now, how come the dji blaming them? RC and Aircraft should connect all the time and should able to fly without any device right? I tried everything as told (two devices) still can't connect to the aircraft, was suppose to be flying today but end it up spending the whole time today trying connect, hopefully it will be resolved soon
2016-5-15
Use props
tholighaus
lvl.1

Germany

I did a Restore before. Cause of a new iPhone. You Need a Videos or photos?
2016-5-15
Use props
jpr007wolf
New

Everything worked until the last update for me. I updated my Iphone 6 plus, and it will not connect. My ipad mini 2 had not been updated and is the ONLY device that will connnect. There MUST be something wrong in the last update.
2016-5-15
Use props
david.wardell
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You can add me to those who can't connect with just one iOS device. Can connect with iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, can't connect with new iPad Pro 9.7. All running same latest software, cables, everything.
On iPad Pro 9.7, have taken it back to factory spec, downloaded DJI GO, can see C1 module in 'About'. Followed all instructions from DJI Ken, don't get the request for the DJI Go app to communicate with the C1 module.
All I get is the 'How to Connect' button.
2016-5-15
Use props
david.wardell
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I tried to connect with Phantom when it had previous firmware (1.6 something plus equivalent RC update) and i had the same result. So I updated to firmware and RC to latest version. No change.
2016-5-15
Use props
joakim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149078 ft
Sweden

DJI-KEN

I hope you can help me. I have since todays morning trying to get my two days old DJI P3 Pro working after upgrade of firmware. I did my first flight yesterday and after reading that it is imortant to have the latest firmware I thought that it was a great idea to be updated. I was wrong! :-(

The upgrade of the drone has went well as the attached logs from the sd card. I have problem to upgrade the RC as it seems. Se atteched screenshots.

It looks that the IOS App doesnt work korrekt and suggest firmware update for the RC. I can connest and the video link works and I can control the camera. The signal bars also shows ok but i get "RC Signal lost".

I strange thing when looking at the screenshots is that under general settnings (se screenshot) it shows GL300B but the controller I have are GL300C!
I have checked with my iPhone6 and my Ipad Air and they looks the same (even in general settings GL300B but I actually have the C model).

Please help!

P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt.zip

3.39 KB, Down times: 1

Dji sreenshots.zip

199.55 KB, Down times: 3

2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Arctic man Posted at 2016-5-16 00:49
For us who uses iOS are having trouble as we know by now, how come the dji blaming them? RC and Airc ...

Yes, you do not need the app to fly, you only need it to activate a brand new aircraft.
And DJI is not blaming anyone, DJI and Apple are working together as I said to remedy the GO app not seeing the RC on some IOS devices.
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

tholighaus Posted at 2016-5-16 00:58
I did a Restore before. Cause of a new iPhone. You Need a Videos or photos?

Yes, if you cannot connect and you see the C1 in your general settings then a video showing that you still cannot connect would be great.
2016-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules