Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Solution for Android or IOS not connecting to DJI GO app
69144 272 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 286198 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-19 13:05
You said you lost signal, is the message RC Signal Lost?
If so then you updated the aircraft and n ...

Ken,

How cold is "cold".  I've noted my warmup time is longer and have done IMU calibration after the aircraft spends the night in the basement (about 60 degrees).  I've heard some say put aircraft in the fridge for 15 minutes, but never tried it.  That's all I need is for the wife to see the drone sitting in the middle of the refrigerator.   LOL
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-19 20:51
Ken,

How cold is "cold".  I've noted my warmup time is longer and have done IMU calibration after ...

I cannot recommend the fridge thing BUT, that's what tons of people seem to be using and working great.
2016-5-19
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-19 21:46
I cannot recommend the fridge thing BUT, that's what tons of people seem to be using and working g ...

Ken,

Would the same effect be achieved by putting a very cold (but not wet) "ice pack" type bag on the top of the drone where the electronics are housed?  Just curious to find ways of getting it "cold" so IMU warm up is shorter.  Thanks..
2016-5-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-22 22:29
Ken,

Would the same effect be achieved by putting a very cold (but not wet) "ice pack" type bag o ...

That doesn't sound like a good idea, if anything the fridge thing sounds a lot better than that idea.
And again, I cannot recommend that but it seems to be working for everyone.
2016-5-22
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-23 08:28
That doesn't sound like a good idea, if anything the fridge thing sounds a lot better than that id ...

Thanks.  Was just a thought..  :-)
2016-5-22
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Cold basement, especially if not finished.. perhaps near an air cooling outlet. Also, u could run it outside at night....  well, depends where you are.. I am in the mountains, so the nights do get cold....
I think the biggest risk with the fridge is also moisture.. or more precisely condensation after removing it from the fridge...
i really think that being colder than the "average temp you will fly in" should do the trick....
U can always recalibrate once winter comes back.. for not, if you common temp every day is 50 or more F, then calibrate it at 50 or less... and you should be fine...
I would be interested if DJI would confirm my logic, or heartlessly break it by setting me straight
2016-5-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-23 11:08
Cold basement, especially if not finished.. perhaps near an air cooling outlet. Also, u could run it ...

I can confirm that a cold IMU calibration will make the aircraft warming up time be shortened.
2016-5-22
Use props
pelyma.griffith
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I'm hoping you can help. We haven't used our drone for a few months, a P3A. When we turned it on the app said not connected, but was working. We saw the iPad needed an update so did that and also updated the firmware of the AC. This was successful, but when we went to update the RC firmware it won't connect to the app on my iPad Air, 2 iPhone 6s's and an iPhone 5s. I've tried 3 different leads. I'm assuming it is a conflict with the firmware as you seem to be saying that iOS 9.3.2 cures the conflict. I have tried deleting the app and doing hard resets on the iOS devices. I'd be really grateful for some help please.
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pelyma.griffith Posted at 2016-6-4 04:43
Hi, I'm hoping you can help. We haven't used our drone for a few months, a P3A. When we turned it on ...

If you are on IOS 9.3.2 then you should not have to do any resetting of the iPad.
When you say it said not connected but not working, what do you mean by that?
If you mean the aircraft still works then yes, you do not need the app or phone/tablet to fly the aircraft.
You don't happen to have a Android device you can try, that way we can eliminate the USB port on the RC.
2016-6-3
Use props
pelyma.griffith
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-3 22:01
If you are on IOS 9.3.2 then you should not have to do any resetting of the iPad.
When you say it  ...

Sorry we have the Apple disease here!!

Prior to the update we were in camera view, but it said disconnected in the top left. Since the updates you can't get into camera view only the how to connect one.
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pelyma.griffith Posted at 2016-6-4 05:14
Sorry we have the Apple disease here!!

Prior to the update we were in camera view, but it said di ...

Ok, you were able to get into camera mode before but the app said disconnected. So you had an issue before the update. You were able to get into camera view as you only need to connect once then you can always get into camera view. IF you delete or update the app then you have to connect for the first time and you can get into camera view anytime.
Does the charge icon come on and the iPad ding when you power up the RC and the USB cable is connected?
If so then the post and USB cable are good. If not then it is the cable or port.
It doesn't say "Trust this Device" at all?
2016-6-3
Use props
pelyma.griffith
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-3 22:25
Ok, you were able to get into camera mode before but the app said disconnected. So you had an issu ...

I have tried 3 cables, none get the iPad or other iOS devices to show they are charging or say trust this device. I assume then that the port is the problem? If so what next??

Many thanks for your help so far
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pelyma.griffith Posted at 2016-6-4 05:41
I have tried 3 cables, none get the iPad or other iOS devices to show they are charging or say tru ...

I would first try an Android device, borrow a neighbors and install the GO app.
If that does not work then you may want to send the RC in.
One more thing to verify, go to the about page on the iPad (it's in General)
Scroll down to the bottom, between Modem Firmware and Legal there should be a C1 tab when you power up the RC. If you see that then the iPad is seeing the RC.
If it does not then I'm afraid it's the USB port and you would need to send it in.
http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2016-6-3
Use props
pelyma.griffith
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-3 22:49
I would first try an Android device, borrow a neighbors and install the GO app.
If that does not wo ...

Thanks for your help Ken, it is very much appreciated. I don't have any neighbours and all my friends are Apple. I see from your link that Drone Doctors aren't that far so I'll send the RC there.
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pelyma.griffith Posted at 2016-6-4 14:54
Thanks for your help Ken, it is very much appreciated. I don't have any neighbours and all my frie ...

You don't know anyone with a DJI aircraft that you could bind really quick to make sure it's the USB port. I'd hate for you to send it in and that's not it.
Any P3 Pro/Advanced, P4,  or Inspire RC will work.
2016-6-4
Use props
gscharlach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12257 ft

Can not connect Samsung A to JDJI-GO, help! Have Android v6.0.1
2016-7-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

gscharlach Posted at 2016-7-24 23:31
Can not connect Samsung A to JDJI-GO, help! Have Android v6.0.1

Here is a list of recommended devices.
When you power up the RC do you see a charge indicator on your Tab?
If so, when swiping down can you change USB for Charging to MIDI.

iOS Version v2.8.4.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.2.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-7-24
Use props
userf1750e231f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77224 ft
United States

By changing USB options to RNDIS I have had great success connecting my galaxy tab A 8.0.  I had spent days trying to get connected to the Go app.  Can anyone shed light on how this works?
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

userf1750e231f Posted at 2016-7-28 01:19
By changing USB options to RNDIS I have had great success connecting my galaxy tab A 8.0.  I had spe ...

I don't have a TAB so I don't know, but on my S6 before the last update you had to swipe down and change from USB for charging to software installation, then it was MIDI. Now with the latest update the app automatically opens when I power up the RC.
2016-7-27
Use props
userf1750e231f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77224 ft
United States

Hi Ken.  I had done and seen what you are mentioning however, my method seems to be the only thing that works for me.  If I have the Go app closed, as soon as I switch to RNDIS in developer options for USB input, the app opens and is good to go.  Just wish I knew why!   
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

userf1750e231f Posted at 2016-7-28 22:16
Hi Ken.  I had done and seen what you are mentioning however, my method seems to be the only thing t ...

Ok, thanks. I will note that for Tab A users.
2016-7-28
Use props
petebox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 770410 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Ken
Has anyone found a fix for the conflict between DJIGO and other drone apps (Litchi etc).
This is on a galaxy S5 with the Marshmallow 6.0.1 software.
You can only have one app installed on device for that app to work, if you have say DJIGO and Litchi installed neither will work or be recon used. ..
Prior to 6.0.1 you could have several apps installed and when USB was connected you were given the choice to use an app "just once" or "always"..
Now with 6.0.1 you get" Choose an app for USB drvice"
I have tried factory reset, changing USB behaviour in "developer options and numerous other things.
In hindsight I should have stayed with Lollipop as the problem is with Marshmallow.

Cheers

Pete
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

petebox@lineone Posted at 2016-7-29 01:33
Hi Ken
Has anyone found a fix for the conflict between DJIGO and other drone apps (Litchi etc).
Thi ...

I'm sorry, I do not know why that is happening as is a Samsung issue.
I only use the GO app so I haven't experienced it.
Since there's other devices that use a USB, I'm sure Samsung is aware of it and hope a remedy will be out soon.
2016-7-28
Use props
kschnarr
New

Canada

Hey Ken, I have read a few times that you say that the connection issue specifically android is not firmware related. Quite the coincidence that hundreds of people, myself included developed the problem after latest update.
2016-7-29
Use props
petebox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 770410 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Ken

Just as a matter of interest could you install "Litchi"or "Datamapping"
from the play store onto your S6 and then see if you can open DJIGO.
I'm assuming you have the latest 6.0.1 on you S6.
Be interesting if it replicates the problem me and many others have.

Cheers Pete
2016-7-30
Use props
Paul86
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-19 02:51
Yes, Apple and DJI worked it out and the new IOS 9.3.2 fixed it.
Glad you are all good to go.

It still does not work on my iPad Air 2.  Works with mobiles Samsung s4,5,6 edge works on my son in laws iPad  Air1. I have tried all previous suggestions but ITS NOT FIXED! Or do I have swap my iPad air2 for the old model?

Unless you have a new method I have not tried I am just wasting hour after hour for no progress.. So where now?
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

petebox@lineone Posted at 2016-7-30 21:38
Hi Ken

Just as a matter of interest could you install "Litchi"or "Datamapping"

I'm sorry, we can only offer assistance with the DGI GO app. You would need to contact the 3rd party app developers to see if they can assist.
For flying, I only use DJI apps on my phone. I'm sorry about that.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Paul86 Posted at 2016-8-12 18:28
It still does not work on my iPad Air 2.  Works with mobiles Samsung s4,5,6 edge works on my son i ...

I also have a Air2 and it's working fine on the prior update and 9.3.4.
2016-8-12
Use props
Paul86
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-11 15:52
I am sorry. Like I posted earlier, DJI is working with Apple to remedy this. For now a full restor ...

Did not work either. Borrowed a iPad Air 1 installed pilot app works fine. So only device I need it to work on that cost me a large chunk of veterans disability pension does not work and has not done so for months!
2016-8-12
Use props
Paul86
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-12 15:48
I also have a Air2 and it's working fine on the prior update and 9.3.4.

Running 934 still does not work after jumping through all the hoops suggested here. So how do I get it to work?
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Paul86 Posted at 2016-8-12 22:04
Running 934 still does not work after jumping through all the hoops suggested here. So how do I ge ...

Does it show the charging icon for a second and make the tone on your iPad Air2  when you power up the RC?It is working just fine on my Air2.
In General Settings on the iPad under restrictions, you don't have that enabled do you?
2016-8-12
Use props
JK JK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 652552 ft
Czechia

I am also looking for the way how to use more than one DJI based app on my S5 with A6.0.1.
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

JK JK Posted at 2016-8-16 13:40
I am also looking for the way how to use more than one DJI based app on my S5 with A6.0.1.

You should not be using two apps at the same time, there have already been crashes caused by it.
2016-8-16
Use props
Paul86
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-12 16:29
Does it show the charging icon for a second and make the tone on your iPad Air2  when you power up  ...

Having tough time with chemo so did a run with borrowed air 1. But on iPad air2 do not recall charging light. As it worked up to iOS update settings should be same as before. But I will check and come back to you Ken.

Thanks for reply.
2016-8-22
Use props
Paul86
lvl.1

France

Does it show the charging icon for a second and make the tone on your iPad Air2  when you power up  ...

Having tough time with chemo so did a run with borrowed air 1. But on iPad air2 do not recall charging light. As it worked up to iOS update settings should be same as before. But I will check and come back to you Ken.

Thanks for reply.
2016-8-22
Use props
Paul86
lvl.1

France

No all set off
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Paul86 Posted at 2016-8-23 01:33
Having tough time with chemo so did a run with borrowed air 1. But on iPad air2 do not recall char ...

Sorry to hear that.
If you do not see the charging icon when you plug in the USB then the iPad is not seeing the RC.
Can you go into the General Settings on your iPad, then About and with the RC on and USB plugged in can you see a line item that says C1 when you scroll to the bottom. It's right under Modem Firmware.
If not then, the bottom tab says reset. Tap that and then reset all settings and after it's done then look inthe About tab and see if you see C1.
2016-8-22
Use props
kojie007
Flight distance : 203179 ft
United Kingdom

Boy it scares me reading the above did not understand  a bit of it.i connected  my galaxy s5 and away i went.found out my daughter had a kindle fire hdx i thought brilliant  a bigger screen but nope it doesn't  show maps so back to small screen on the mobile phone.
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Have you gotten it sorted out?
2016-8-23
Use props
Paul86
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-22 20:06
Sorry to hear that.
If you do not see the charging icon when you plug in the USB then the iPad is  ...

Have tried this and it does not show C1, did the reset and it's still the same shows 4.7100 for Modem firmware.  This is daft, I am gutted I feel well enough today to fly and the weather is great for it and I can't use it.  I now get when I run the app the How To Connect button, nothing else I can't get in to see the camera or anything.  Before I got the drone screeen showing just not connected at the top, so why has  it changed apart from having a newer version of DJI Go since the last time I used it.
Thanks for attempt what do I do now?

Paul
I have a break from Chemo until next Tuesday so I have the time and feel pretty good compared to how it's been every day.
2016-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules