Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Solution for Android or IOS not connecting to DJI GO app
69517 272 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul86
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-23 19:46
Have you gotten it sorted out?

No see previous answer.
2016-8-24
Use props
Paul86
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-23 19:46
Have you gotten it sorted out?

I do get the trust device message after the reset so it's definately seeing it.  I just plugged in my S5 and it comes up and works without a problem. Apart from the fact that my sausage fingers find it almost impossible to use on the phone let alone the eye sight problem!  Will try my S6 Edge + and the iPad Air Ver 1 which is being charged whilst I type I forgot to turn it off! ;)
2016-8-24
Use props
Paul86
lvl.2

France

Paul86 Posted at 2016-8-24 16:55
I do get the trust device message after the reset so it's definately seeing it.  I just plugged in ...

That's strange my S6 Edge + comes up with disconnected when I try to fly it, using the same lead as for the S5???

Maybe the settings have changed will check the USB settings.
2016-8-24
Use props
Paul86
lvl.2

France

Paul86 Posted at 2016-8-24 16:58
That's strange my S6 Edge + comes up with disconnected when I try to fly it, using the same lead a ...

Fixed it was USB Options forgot I reset the phone after the last update.  So both phones work fine.
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paul86 Posted at 2016-8-24 23:04
Fixed it was USB Options forgot I reset the phone after the last update.  So both phones work fine ...

That's good to hear, glad your up and running now.
2016-8-24
Use props
Paul86
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-24 17:14
That's good to hear, glad your up and running now.

Only the phones are working Ken I didn't spend a £1,000 on an iPad 2 Air to use the phones!  I need the iPad sorted.  This started in May with "We are working with Apple so fix the problem, and here we are in August months later and I still can't use my iPad!

Thats what we need to sort out I have explained why I can't use the phones properly.

Paul
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Paul86 Posted at 2016-8-24 23:36
Only the phones are working Ken I didn't spend a £1,000 on an iPad 2 Air to use the phones!  I ne ...

The IOS issue everyone had was fixed a while ago.
Did you do what I recommended.
Look in the iPad about section with the RC on and plugged in and under Modem Firmware see if there's a C1 tab?
And if not, then from the General tab scroll to the bottom and tap reset, then reset all settings. Have you tried that yet?
2016-8-24
Use props
NRJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27146 ft

jeep.marshall@g Posted at 2016-5-11 18:03
I've done everything recommended by this forum and several other sites.  Bottom line - The APP won't ...

Yup, same problem. Just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab E with version 6.01. DJI Go app will not connect. I heard DJI is blaming it on Android 6.01 so I re-set my tablet to factory specs with Android version 5.1.1 Lollipop. First install of 2.8.4. It will not connect. Maybe it is DJI's last patch??? I can't say for sure, but it works fine on my old tablet.
2016-8-26
Use props
miguel.tanous
New

Mexico

Hi, I am trying to use my LG g4 android 6 and its not working at all. Do you have any solution for this problem?
It lets me connect but i only see a black screen with a bunch of N/A signs

Thank you
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

miguel.tanous@g Posted at 2016-9-3 03:26
Hi, I am trying to use my LG g4 android 6 and its not working at all. Do you have any solution for t ...

Here are the DJI recommended devices, also if you swipe down from the top and change USB for Charging to one of the other options will it connect.
You can try deleting/reinstalling the app too.
2016-9-2
Use props
miguel.tanous
New

Mexico

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-2 14:36
Here are the DJI recommended devices, also if you swipe down from the top and change USB for Charg ...

I have the DJI Osmo, how do i connect the USB cable to it. I already unistalled and reintalled the app and it still doesnt work
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

miguel.tanous@g Posted at 2016-9-3 04:45
I have the DJI Osmo, how do i connect the USB cable to it. I already unistalled and reintalled the ...

Sorry, this is a Phantom thread you posted in so I thought you had an Aircraft.
Your Osmo connects to the app via WiFi.
Make sure WiFi is enabled on your phone an power up the Osmo and it should connect. If it is brand new then you will need to activate it by following the onscreen instructions.
2016-9-2
Use props
Paul86
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-24 17:51
The IOS issue everyone had was fixed a while ago.
Did you do what I recommended.
Look in the iPad  ...

Decided that as nothing worked took iPad back to orange shop took three hours to convince them that unit was faulty. So they spoke to Apple this was thursday Apple collected theunitand brought a new one today just restored it and it now seems to be working fine, now going out to test. Have been hospital having chemotherapy and other appointments hence delay replying. Will confirm after test and status update thanks ken
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Paul86 Posted at 2016-9-7 21:34
Decided that as nothing worked took iPad back to orange shop took three hours to convince them tha ...

Wow, sorry about everything. Hopefully all is working. Let us know if it works.
2016-9-7
Use props
jeffreyhoffman
New
Flight distance : 1844 ft
Australia

New F4 and new Galaxy tab s2 but I can only get "disconnected". I have tried all the rest and your solution possibly would work if I had a software instillation option. Like Paolocurro I have Charging, MTP, PTP'RNDIS' Audio source, MIDI. I changed it to RNDIS and it worked one time, then not ever again but it switched back to MTP by itself.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jeffreyhoffman Posted at 2016-10-14 19:51
New F4 and new Galaxy tab s2 but I can only get "disconnected". I have tried all the rest and your s ...

These are the DJI recommended devices.
Can you try one of those and if it still doesn't work then we can troubleshoot.
Also, did it used to work fine then all of a sudden it didn't? Ot did it never work?
Did you update anything then it didn't work after that?
2016-10-14
Use props
jakecrandall23
New

United States

Ken I have attempted this to connect my galaxy s6 to my phantom 4 but the option for install software does not come up
2016-10-14
Use props
jakecrandall23
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-14 08:55
These are the DJI recommended devices.
Can you try one of those and if it still doesn't work then  ...

Ken I am attempting to connect my Galaxy S6 to my Phantom 4, I have done the debugging but when I get to the charging menu it gives me the 4 other options but not the option to instal software
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jakecrandall23 Posted at 2016-10-15 13:54
Ken I am attempting to connect my Galaxy S6 to my Phantom 4, I have done the debugging but when I  ...

What do you mean by "software install"
Are you trying up upgrade firmware in the P4?
Are you trying to get into the DJI GO app?
2016-10-15
Use props
vascoVasilev
lvl.1

Cyprus

I have an issue with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, it doesn't connect with the DJI GO app, however a month a go worked perfectly with it!
Android version Marshmallow 6.0.1 and DJI GO app 3.0.1... Developer mode is enabled and USB debugging too!
It seems that the tablet cant give permission to the RC to connect with it!
Can any one help me out!

2016-10-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vascoVasilev Posted at 2016-10-31 18:05
I have an issue with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, it doesn't connect with the DJI GO app, however a mo ...

That is not one of the DJI recommended devices. Here is the list.
App the GO app gets updates, it may take more processing power and your device may have worked before but it may not now.
Can you try a recommended Android or IOS device to see if it works, if not than it may be a USB cable problem, or the slight chance of the USB port.
2016-10-31
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Samsung S5 unable to connect via app. Followed instructions on first page but there is no option for Software Installation,there is only:

1) Charging
2) MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)
3) PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol)
4) RNDIS (USB Ethernet)
5) Audio Source
6) MIDI

Any advice?

2016-11-4
Use props
Scotty S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

Experiencing same problem with Nexus 7 (2013).  

Had a Phantom 3 Advanced for all of 5 days.  I updated all firmware as soon as I got it.  Everything was going fine, had a few flights without issue.  This change when I turned it on last night to have a look at the simulator.  Wouldn't connect.   Managed to connect for all of about 3 seconds then it went back to 'disconnected'.  Charging icon appears on tablet so USB is working.  Tried all the solutions above and every possible solution I could find on Google.  Nothing is happening.  

I noticed that the app updated to 3.1.0 since I last used it.  I'm guessing the App update is to blame.  I did try connecting to my wife's phone using 3.1.0 (LG Nexus 5) and connected without issues.   

At the end of the day, after 5 days my new toy is basically useless.

I'll try finding the APK for DJI Go 3.0.1 tonight and see if installing the older version works.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Scotty S Posted at 2016-11-18 08:17
Experiencing same problem with Nexus 7 (2013).  

Had a Phantom 3 Advanced for all of 5 days.  I upd ...

Correct, the app is more than likely the reason it is not working anymore, the app possibly got more complex and required more processing power than your phone can handle. Below is the Android list of DJI recommended devices, the Nexus ll is on the list. Is that what your device is, or is it a earlier version?

Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-11-17
Use props
Scotty S
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-18 13:08
Correct, the app is more than likely the reason it is not working anymore, the app possibly got mo ...

Yep.... my device is the Nexus 7 II.

Would there be any detrimental effects from using previous version of the App, if this is the problem?
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Scotty S Posted at 2016-11-18 10:44
Yep.... my device is the Nexus 7 II.

Would there be any detrimental effects from using previous v ...

No, you can look in the app store and it lists all the changes.
I'm sorry your phone will not work, you have USB debugging on and Developer options enabled.
2016-11-17
Use props
Scotty S
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-18 15:23
No, you can look in the app store and it lists all the changes.
I'm sorry your phone will not work ...

Well.....  tried uninstalling 3.1.0 and reinstalling 3.0.1.

Worked for about 10 seconds then disconnected again.

I have tried with USB Developer options on and off.

Tried changing USB connection types.

Looks like it just magically stopped working.

I'll try factory resetting tablet again and reinstalling 3.0.1.

Will report back.  

2016-11-18
Use props
Scotty S
lvl.2
Australia

Scotty S Posted at 2016-11-18 19:49
Well.....  tried uninstalling 3.1.0 and reinstalling 3.0.1.

Worked for about 10 seconds then disc ...

OK.....  I've discovered a solution (hooray).
Perhaps I wasn't reading previous instructions carefully enough, but in saying that, I don't believe the instructions relating to USB debugging on this forum are clear enough.

I was opening the settings page on my device and enabling developer options and usb debugging.

But I found you also have to enable 'USB debugging' in the DJI GO App itself.

This is found under 'Me' on the main menu, then 'Settings'.  

Enable USB debugging must be enabled there as well (blue slider activated).

When you press this, it will take you to your device settings to ensure they are activated there as well.

Once I had this enabled in both the DJI App and my device settings......  success!!!

While I'm relieved the app and aircraft are talking to each other again, it still doesn't explain how it magically worked one day and not the next, without any changes.

Anyway, your mileage may vary, but this was the solution to my problem.

Ensure this is enabled in DJI Go App

Ensure this is enabled in DJI Go App

Ensure these are enabled in device settings

Ensure these are enabled in device settings

2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Scotty S Posted at 2016-11-18 19:23
OK.....  I've discovered a solution (hooray).
Perhaps I wasn't reading previous instructions carefu ...

I'm glad you got it working.
2016-11-18
Use props
Scotty S
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-19 01:22
I'm glad you got it working.

OK update.

Drone and tablet were packed immediately after working.

Go to connect this morning........ nothing.

What the hell!  What kind of unadulterated BS is this.

I am beyond angry now.  Absolutely nothing changed since last night and it magically bricks itself without any intervention.  What a total joke.

Over it.  Spend considerable money on a bloody toy that decides to stop working after 3 flights.

DJI software is obviously a joke.

2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Scotty S Posted at 2016-11-19 05:15
OK update.

Drone and tablet were packed immediately after working.

I'm sorry it's not working for you.
Please try a different device and let me know if that works.Also, you have all of your other apps closed correct?
Try going into the application manager and force stop any other runnng apps then see.

2016-11-18
Use props
rtf5AoFevO38
New

Sweden

Hi Ken

I am having this connectivity issue with my new Mavic. I have a Samsunj J5 with Marshmallow android. I follow your steps but when I get to the swipe down from top the tab says transferring media files via usb. When I then tap that there is no option for software installation. Do you have any suggestions?

Dave
2016-11-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rtf5AoFevO38 Posted at 2016-11-23 19:12
Hi Ken

I am having this connectivity issue with my new Mavic. I have a Samsunj J5 with Marshmallow  ...

Hi Dave,
It may very well be that your device does not have the processing power to run the app BUT I would think that you should be at least able to open the app. When you swipe down, try all the options listed, if the only one you see is"transferring media files" than it may not work.
You also have developer options and USB debugging on correct?

The list below is the DJI recommended device list, please try one of those devices.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-11-23
Use props
McGator
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-12 12:37
The sequence isn't going to make a difference, which aircraft and RC do you have?
If you have a B or C model you should also see "C1" when you connected to the RC (and it's powered on)
in the About tab of the general settings on you IOS device.

Ever since my Tab E upgraded to Marshmallow it never consistently connects. It sometimes does eventually after turning things off and on. Sometimes in a few minutes and others it takes 20. And the Tab E is listed on the recommended list as well. So today I'll go out buy another tablet that is still on Lollipop, probably a Tab A and then try to downgrade the Tab E and hopefully don't brick it. Hopefully DJI will get their programmers together and come up with a fix.  

BTW> The Tab E defaults to MTP no matter what I set it to, then magically it jumps to Charging and I see a message that says Aux USB (something like that) and connects. That is after the on/off voodoo.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

McGator Posted at 2016-12-12 07:38
Ever since my Tab E upgraded to Marshmallow it never consistently connects. It sometimes does eventually after turning things off and on. Sometimes in a few minutes and others it takes 20. And the Tab E is listed on the recommended list as well. So today I'll go out buy another tablet that is still on Lollipop, probably a Tab A and then try to downgrade the Tab E and hopefully don't brick it. Hopefully DJI will get their programmers together and come up with a fix.  

BTW> The Tab E defaults to MTP no matter what I set it to, then magically it jumps to Charging and I see a message that says Aux USB (something like that) and connects. That is after the on/off voodoo.

Here is the DJI recommended device list, I do not see a Tab A or E.
2016-12-12
Use props
McGator
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 09:13
Here is the DJI recommended device list, I do not see a Tab A or E.

Thanks Ken, I went back and it was a different list from PhanomHelp so my bad and I'll write myself up. Can you repost the list in that I don't see a link. Thanks for the response.

Mike
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

McGator Posted at 2016-12-12 13:50
Thanks Ken, I went back and it was a different list from PhanomHelp so my bad and I'll write myself up. Can you repost the list in that I don't see a link. Thanks for the response.

Mike

Please do not rely on information posted on different websites, DJI should be one one to use for the device list.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
2016-12-12
Use props
Lizbravo
New

United States

I need HELP!!! I have the Phantom 4 and just received it. I have spent 10 hours trying to set it up!!! The issue I open the app, and the device does not connect. I am left at the "how to connect" screen. I have tried 5 different lighting cables including one new one. I have tried 3 iPhones and 1 iPad and a Samsung Note 4. I have updating the software on some and even did the clean restore using iTunes and only downloading the app fix, but that didn't work. The RC has a solid green light as does the drone. I know there is some sort of connection because I can move the left joy stick and it slightly moves the camera left and right. Also top left Gimbal control dial works. Other than that, there is no connection. I have downloaded both the DJI Go APP and the DJI GO 4 App. It will simply not connect like I see on all the youtube videos where then you go to device activation. Like stated, Ive already tried Android and IOS devices, tried switching cables, restoring iPhone from PC using iTunes, and probably 50 other things I found online and it still says "How to Connect." I need this resolved now as I have gone crazy trying to figure this out!!!
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Lizbravo Posted at 2016-12-25 03:32
I need HELP!!! I have the Phantom 4 and just received it. I have spent 10 hours trying to set it up!!! The issue I open the app, and the device does not connect. I am left at the "how to connect" screen. I have tried 5 different lighting cables including one new one. I have tried 3 iPhones and 1 iPad and a Samsung Note 4. I have updating the software on some and even did the clean restore using iTunes and only downloading the app fix, but that didn't work. The RC has a solid green light as does the drone. I know there is some sort of connection because I can move the left joy stick and it slightly moves the camera left and right. Also top left Gimbal control dial works. Other than that, there is no connection. I have downloaded both the DJI Go APP and the DJI GO 4 App. It will simply not connect like I see on all the youtube videos where then you go to device activation. Like stated, Ive already tried Android and IOS devices, tried switching cables, restoring iPhone from PC using iTunes, and probably 50 other things I found online and it still says "How to Connect." I need this resolved now as I have gone crazy trying to figure this out!!!

Sorry you are having difficulties.
Is this a brand new P4 that you received and has never been activated?
When you plug in the cable either to the device or the RC do you hear the charging ding and get the charging icon for a few seconds?
If you get no charge indication for a few seconds on IOS or Android and with all the different cables you've used, then there's the possibility that the USB post is not working.
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI-Jan
New
Flight distance : 35453 ft
Belgium

#Quick Reply Here#Can't connect Samsung S2 with DJIGO 4 , did everything as you desctribed , developer options  ON, USB debugging ON, but I can't tick Software installation, I got only these options ; Transferring media files , Transferring images, Connecting MIDI devices and Charching , Help please !
2017-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules