X5 Adapter / X5 poor fit
1332 14 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wslam
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I received the official DJI X5 Adapter today along with the Xenmuse X5. The X5 adapter fits very well onto the OSMO Handle, but for the Xenmuse X5 to mount onto the X5 Adapter, the fit is EXTREMELY tight. I *can* get it to lock, but it certainly does not feel right.
I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this poor fit issue, and wondering if it is worth notifying DJI and 'wait' again for a replacement.
Thanks.
2016-5-10
Use props
paull
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The one thing I noticed was the screw hole which suggests a small handle can be attached. There was not one included in the box though.

I agree that it is a rough / tight fit though but may be made easier if there was an actual handle included for the screw hole.
2016-5-10
Use props
wslam
lvl.2
Hong Kong

BTW, the Xenmuse X5 fits onto my Inspire 1 just fine. The usual 'tightness'. So it is the adapter that is too tight. It is so tight that it is scraping the mount on the Xenmuse X5.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, all,
Thanks for your feedback!
We'll look into it and try to improve.
2016-5-11
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

Yes mine is also very tight and scrapes the x5r with a nasty crunch sound. Hopefully it doesn't pose a problem when remounting to inspire.
2016-5-11
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

Agreed, really poor fit and finish on the X5 adapter.  Outrageous asking price for what it is, too.
2016-5-11
Use props
wslam
lvl.2
United States

I have made two simple videos to illustrate the issue.

1) X5 fits onto the Inspire 1. No problem:

2) X5 fits onto the X5 Adapter on Osmo: VERY tight:
2016-5-11
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

Oof.  Mine isn't that tight, but its still poorly designed.

When I attach the camera, I wiggle the mount while closing the latch until it goes through.
2016-5-11
Use props
wslam
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I have contacted support, and they asked me to show them a video, so here they are. In fact I am the only one in the family who can lock and unlock it. This is very disappointing.
2016-5-11
Use props
Air2AirPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48868 ft
United States

Well to be completely frank- The "official adapter" is really nothing special like they'd like you to believe. I have a fully functioning X5R on my OSMO and all I did was lathe down the original locking mechanism's OD and modify the little joystick. Works great, locks tight, and have had no issues. Only thing that's different is that I didn't have to spend $100.00 for a part...
2016-5-11
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

Air2AirPhoto Posted at 2016-5-11 16:31
Well to be completely frank- The "official adapter" is really nothing special like they'd like you t ...

The Official adapter also provides additional support for mounting the weight of the gimbal, much like the mounting board on the Inspire.  I'm not sure if it's completely necessary, but I'd be pretty pissed if my X5 snapped off the Osmo.  Also, as a small consolation prize, it gives you an extra rosette mount for an accessory.

This thing should have cost thirty or forty bucks, though.
2016-5-11
Use props
Air2AirPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48868 ft
United States

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-11 13:34
The Official adapter also provides additional support for mounting the weight of the gimbal, much  ...

Actually, by extending the weight out and up, with the new adapter, one would be applying more stress on the original mounting screws and you add in an additional failure point, and potential for slop in movement by adding another attach point. It just seemed to me that DJI went about this the wrong way. But that's just my opinion.
2016-5-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

My x5 adapter has a very dry, tight feel to it, very poorly designed. The next batch will probably fit better. I'm learning the hard way with DJI, never buy the first run of anything they make!!
2016-5-11
Use props
wslam
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I dont really care for the price at this point. We have all sunk in a large sum of money to be a guinea pig! I just want it to work! I am not confident I can lock/unlock everytime I want to. I would qualified what is now required as BRUTE FORCE to get it to lock and unlock.
2016-5-12
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have to say I thought the whole point of the x5 adapter was that it would be secure so I was expecting it to clip onto the rear clip on the x5 - the same as when you mount it on the inspire. Instead it just used the lock turn to keep it in place. Mine seems to be fine but sounds like a few need replacements.
It is very very overpriced!

2016-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules