Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dynamic Home Point NOT WORKING!
1156 5 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigeaux20
lvl.1

I have a Phantom 2+, and I'm using it with an iphone 6+.  The dynamic home point will not work.  I have searched the other threads, reset the firmware, uninstalled/installed the app, etc..., checked to see if iphone GPS is enabled.  I'm missing something, but I cannot get it to work.  I'm open to any and all suggestions.

I use this fishing a lot, and I have to have the ability to update the home point, and prefer to do it automatically.  I appreciate any and all help.
2016-5-10
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft

for dynamic home point you need a GPS enabled device, which you have!
do you turn on  airplane mode by any chance? if not then i dont know what it could be. sorry
have a nice day
2016-5-10
Use props
TheRann4u
Captain

United States

I'm just assuming you are using the DJi Vision app. and I assuming you enabled the the Dynamic Home Point under app settings?
2016-5-10
Use props
bigeaux20
lvl.1

Yes sorry guys.  My iphone is GPS enabled (as far as I know) through the location services app setting for the DJI app.  Yes, running the DJI app.  I do not run the phone in airplane mode while I am operating the copter.  I have gone into the settings and enabled Dynamic Home Positioning.  All it does is show orange on the pilot screen, and references the distance relative to where the unit starts operating from.  I've tried starting with it disabled, and then enabling it in flight, I've tried the other combination as well.

I've tried the logical solutions, so my next step is to consider taking the unit, extender, app, everything all the way back to it's default mode, and try and update everything from there and see if it works.  But, I have no idea where to start and what to avoid while trying to do all this.  From controller, quad, extender, dji app, etc... Any thoughts on this approach?
2016-5-10
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try an android device. You have properly configured your device but it seems the app thinks your device is not passing accurate or not enough GPS data. Usually the Orange ring around the radar = DHP enabled but device has no GPS or no GPS lock.

Maybe double check that the locations service are enabled and allowed for DJI Vision app.
Also test your GPS by using Maps or download an app that counts sats just make sure the GPS on your device is working.
2016-5-23
Use props
bigeaux20
lvl.1

Thanks, i use other GPS apps on my phone quite regularly and don't have any issues.  I have tried to use other iphones as well, with no luck.  That's why I thought there was something pretty basic, I was missing.  Anyone have any thoughts on rebooting the software across all the components and trying to update them as an option?
2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules