Acer A500 tablet 4.03 software not able to view camera
988 7 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
77rangie
New

Australia

Greetings,
I have recently upgraded my tablet to the ACER A500.  While it is possible to log on to the Phantom 2, the camera does not display..  The tablet is using the same software version (4.03) as the SuperPad.  The Superpad works, but it screen is practically useless in anything but dull overcast weather.

I have seen that it is possible to upgrade the software in the ACER, but I am not sure if this will solve the problem.

Any advice / suggestions would be appreciated.

Peter V.

2016-5-10
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I suggest upgrading your Acer and take it from there. See if it works then. A good screen on the tablet, and a screen hood is recommended.
2016-5-10
Use props
77rangie
New

Australia

Rob W Posted at 2016-5-11 15:13
I suggest upgrading your Acer and take it from there. See if it works then. A good screen on the tab ...

No luck had the tablet upgraded to version 5.1.  Everything else seems to work.

Peter
2016-6-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

77rangie@iinet. Posted at 2016-6-4 22:21
No luck had the tablet upgraded to version 5.1.  Everything else seems to work.

Peter

Not sure if that device is on the devices supported list which you can check, other than that, anything not supported that does work is by chance per se, good luck....
2016-6-5
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Hi Peter, have you checked the thread on how to enable connection to the RC and the bird for androids? It was something about enabling usb connection on some settings. Sorry that's all I can remember. Best wishes.

Hans
2016-6-5
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-5 18:40
Hi Peter, have you checked the thread on how to enable connection to the RC and the bird for android ...

USB connection set to MTP (media transfer protocol)
2016-6-5
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

markaguille Posted at 2016-6-6 00:49
USB connection set to MTP (media transfer protocol)

Spot on, markaguille!
2016-6-5
Use props
77rangie
New

Australia

Greetings All,
      I am not sure how the USB port is involved.
To explain:
I have a Phamtom Vision 2.  I can log on to the Phantom (using the WiFi) and view the Settings and Album on the drone, and I am able to download pictures and video.  However when the I click on Camera - the error message comes up - "Sorry the DJI app has stopped".
My contact with DJI (international) and the Australian office has told me that the ACER A500 has not been tested.  I have offered the Australian office the use of my tablet, so they can see for themselves what the problem is.

Peter
2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules