Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My $4 Tripod Adapter
950 2 2016-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevecoxrn
lvl.1

United States

So, I got to thinking about the issue of having to buy all this fancy DJI stuff to connect the Osmo to a tripod.  Went down to my friendly old-school hardware store and got the items shown in the picture for about $4.  The screw size is 10-24 and the three smaller nuts are jam nuts to lock the parts in place.  The only modification I think I'm going to make is to shorten the rod bolt to lessen torque on the Osmo connection.  Works like a champ, plus it's so small it tucks right inside the carrying case.
Tripod adapter.jpg
2016-5-12
Use props
bornish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United States

I recommend a Joby Hub Adapter.
It can be used as is, but I have personally modified it to perfectly be used with all DJI accessories.
I had purchased 2 straight arm extenders from DJI and was quite unhappy how bulky the setup become when attaching multiple accessories. Since I am using quite often at least one more than the mobile holder, I could never use only one straight arm extender while also mounting the whole setup (tripod, bike mount, ...) .
It took a day's work to modify by combining the parts I have purchased, but was quite easy to achieve by cutting 1 straight arm extender. I have used a Dremel for cutting, polishing and drilling, so pretty much anyone can do this in their home.
Now, even for the most complex setup, I can securely attach all possible accessories to the OSMO and mount everything on any type of mounting just by using 2 Joby Hub Adapters and 1 straight arm extender.
If others are interested, I am willing to post some pictures of the parts used and different mountings and accessories combination.
Best regards,
Bogdan
2016-5-14
Use props
csacault
Second Officer
Sweden

@bornish, could you post some photos of your setup?

Thanks
2016-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules