Phantom 3 Standard 1.6.80
8715 32 2016-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benmackay78
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Anyone else got the the 1.6.80 firmware update just appeared today and I can't find it anywhere online
Firmware.png
2016-5-11
Use props
stefan84mk
New

North Macedonia

Hi benmackay78, I got it too, but I haven't upgraded yet I am still on stock firmware. Too scared to update!
2016-5-11
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

I got it as well, currently waiting to hear if anyone has updated or not
2016-5-11
Use props
stefan84mk
New

North Macedonia

I got my P3S today... so still not ready to risk it   I read too much issues with the RC link for the 1.5.X firmware, and also range decrease with it... so I hope you'll understand me since mine still smells on fresh plastic
2016-5-11
Use props
drtownson1105
lvl.1

United States

Got mine also about five minutes ago. Who is going to be the Guinea pig on this one. Will this be a answer to all of our prayers?
2016-5-11
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

PH3S Updated - Wish I hadn't  !!!

9-12 Satellites. Full bars on everything and constantly get "NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL". Fly back near me (like 50 ft) and screen comes back but keeps blinking on and off.

More bad news - Looks like I can't downgrade the firmware. Says "NONE" when I try.
2016-5-11
Use props
drtownson1105
lvl.1

United States

Just flew mine with the 1.5.70. before up grading did terrible again Thanks because I was just fixing to upgrade mine. But I think I will wait a little while longer now. man I was hoping that the 1.6.80 was the answer.
2016-5-11
Use props
kellyjoy72
lvl.1

United States

I upgraded mine to  1.6.80 seemed to do okay. At least I think I did. After going out again my phone still showed the upgrade notice.
2016-5-11
Use props
benmackay78
lvl.2

United Kingdom

kellyjoy72 Posted at 2016-5-12 02:40
I upgraded mine to  1.6.80 seemed to do okay. At least I think I did. After going out again my phone ...

After upgrading my phone also still shows the upgrade notice i'll try again today and see what happens
2016-5-11
Use props
latourbrian
New

United States

I did the 1.6.80 upgrade just now on my P3 standard.  The upgrade itself went fine.  I was on a 1.5.x - and the upgrade only took about 10 or 12 minutes.  No failures - just success - then I restarted RC and phantom. I did not still see the repeat notification that update is required as other report here.  Mine seemed to recognize that firmware was latest.

I calibrated compass.  note: I now receive 10 satellites - before from my house max I had ever seen was 9.  I flew a very quick test flight.  Took it out only 1500 feet out and circled back.  I do notice the FPV seemed to be a bit more choppy, but not problematic.  Stayed connected.

a bit more info on setup - i do use a itelite dbs mod.  max flight distance has been 6000 feet.  i'll try to put it up later and report back on improvements or negative changes.

Overall I would say the upgrade did not cause any immediate big problems that i can identify.

2016-5-12
Use props
taylordavid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

I also just completed the upgrade. Seemed to go off without a hitch and really didn't take that long.
While I started the engines I did not yet go for s flight but certainly right now I see no reason for concern
2016-5-13
Use props
taylordavid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

I also just completed the upgrade. Seemed to go off without a hitch and really didn't take that long.
While I started the engines I did not yet go for s flight but certainly right now I see no reason for concern
2016-5-13
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384406 ft
Denmark

Updated mine. Update went through as it should. Relinked both RC and Phantom. Calibrated IMU.
Going to do a test flight tho weekend.
2016-5-13
Use props
MTR-Aerial
lvl.2

I updated my P3S out of the box to the newest firmware. No issues, flys great, great video feed and good distance so far (1200 FT with wifi signals everyyyyywhereeeeeeeeeee)
2016-5-13
Use props
alexanderknipfe
New

United States

I got a new battery and was then prompted for the update 1.6.8. Not sure if I want to update yet, but I can verify I have received it! Still waiting for more feedback on the update.
2016-5-13
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

Some have had good luck

and some have had bad luck

Me - http://forum.dji.com/thread-52471-1-2.html
2016-5-13
Use props
knipfer
New

United States

Sundance Kid Posted at 2016-5-13 16:41
Some have had good luck

and some have had bad luck

Yeah, I've heard of that issue going around. I won't be updating.
2016-5-13
Use props
geocrill
New

United States

I Just got my P3 and was attempting to up grad firmware as instructed but the upgrade seemed t o stop and the battery just beeps loudly once per second bought an extra battery and does the same thing. Anyone else hear of such a problem? Just out of the box didn't get a chance to try anything. Checked the sd card and the file did not download successfully according a yu tube bit on firmware upgrade. Had another 32GB sd card but the quad copter just beeps once per second. I tried a chat with support but no luck

2016-5-13
Use props
knipfer
New

United States

I did update today, I will go test fly it tomorrow and let you know my results. Seems people who have updated have had signal improvement across a couple different forums. FYI, I had to do it twice, first time failed, second was a success.
2016-5-14
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4

geocrill Posted at 2016-5-14 13:27
I Just got my P3 and was attempting to up grad firmware as instructed but the upgrade seemed t o sto ...

Just keep attempting the update until it works
2016-5-14
Use props
dmandarino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22907 ft
Italy

the same problem I also , if I do not control in the firmware information appears in the version , while flying at 25 meters me the writing appears no signal DISCONNECT how we can return to the old firmware ?
2016-5-15
Use props
Paul Schulze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280591 ft
United States

Upgrade took about 15 minutes without any problems. Motor idle test good. Will test fly this evening when the wind dies down.
2016-5-21
Use props
angelfunes9
New

Honduras

MTR-Aerial Posted at 2016-5-13 12:53
I updated my P3S out of the box to the newest firmware. No issues, flys great, great video feed and  ...

Hi,

Can you please share with me your .txt file. You can plug in your drone to the computer, then go to the hidden folder (MISC/LOG) and copy the .txt file. Please share that with me.
2016-5-22
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4

I upgraded last night to 1.6.80, and it did not really solve my short distance issues, but it didnt make them worse either. I can get about 100-200 feet more now, but still cannot get past 500m. I will also do an IMU calibration later today, but this morning the phantom seemed to be a little unstable and jerky compared to how it was flying off of 1.5
2016-5-22
Use props
MTR-Aerial
lvl.2

United States

angelfunes9 Posted at 2016-5-22 13:28
Hi,

Can you please share with me your .txt file. You can plug in your drone to the computer, then ...

I can do that later. Working on a sunday... special client...
2016-5-22
Use props
twilek
New

Hungary

Hi

I'm updated to 1.6.8 and got NO SIGNAL
2016-8-14
Use props
salvadorandrade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109915 ft

I got the prompt for this update in my P3S, I immediately declined after hearing all these horrible stories, so when is DJI going to aknowledge this f**k up?
2016-8-14
Use props
weidji
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158196 ft
United States

stefan84mk@gmai Posted at 2016-5-11 18:18
Hi benmackay78, I got it too, but I haven't upgraded yet  I am still on stock firmware. Too scared ...

okay, why you too scared to update? cause mess up your drone update by dji?
2016-8-14
Use props
p.caughers
lvl.1

latourbrian Posted at 2016-5-13 02:54
I did the 1.6.80 upgrade just now on my P3 standard.  The upgrade itself went fine.  I was on a 1.5. ...

Can i ask how you get those ranges with a standard. Isnt 500m the max?
2016-8-30
Use props
earlmurray1
lvl.1

drtownson1105 Posted at 2016-5-12 07:08
Got mine also about five minutes ago. Who is going to be the Guinea pig on this one. Will this be a  ...

I'm new to drones. I just bought a P3S and updated to 1.6.80. It took me two times but all is well..................at least I think all is well. My video is not right, it's real jerky on playback as is the real time video. I can not, however, relate my video issues to the update. More than likely it's the Indian and not the arrow!
2016-8-31
Use props
rodolphe.motte
New

twilek Posted at 2016-8-14 17:41
Hi

I'm updated to 1.6.8 and got NO SIGNAL

Hi everyone

I also experience loss of signal (mere message no signal on the RC) with my P3S and 1.6.80 version each time I have the bird further than somehow 60-100 meters from me. And then the return to home procedure starts
That is very frustrating
I just upgrade Djibouti go app to 2.9.2 but was not prompted to an upgrade got the phantom when connected
So when is this is going to be fixed ?
My flying zone is France (firmware might have different boundaries according to the area where it is working
To be continued

2016-9-22
Use props
qualman1
New

United States

geocrill Posted at 2016-5-14 01:27
I Just got my P3 and was attempting to up grad firmware as instructed but the upgrade seemed t o sto ...

Continue upgrading the firmware and after about 10 minutes the beeping will stop. However, you will have to keep downloading until it asks you to finish. I downloaded mine but it still won't fly. Everything is communicating and my DJI APP is telling me it's ok to fly but it won't. The drone motors start for about two seconds and then shuts off. I can't find out how to fix it anywhere I look.
2016-9-26
Use props
DonHo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194377 ft
  • >>>
United States

kellyjoy72 Posted at 2016-5-11 17:40
I upgraded mine to  1.6.80 seemed to do okay. At least I think I did. After going out again my phone still showed the upgrade notice.

I have the same thing going on, I update to 1.6.80+ and no problems flys great.
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules