OSMO Frustrations
1096 3 2016-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wslam
lvl.2
Hong Kong

The whole OSMO platform has been seriously frustrating.

I got the OSMO Handle and use the X3 from my Inspire 1 in the beginning.

Guess what? The X3 from the Inspire 1 is not exactly the same as the OSMO. E.g., the OSMO Case will not carry the Inspire 1's X3 + OSMO Handle.
Then the internal mic joke. So comes the FlexiMic. Step in the right direction, but it is Mono and really not that great.

Then the X5 finally came. Waited for both the X5 and the X5 Adapter.

The fit is very poor. I posted two videos showing how poor the fit is.
1) X5 fits onto the Inspire 1. No problem:

2) X5 fits onto the X5 Adapter on Osmo: VERY tight:

Now with X5 on OSMO Handle (turning it into an OSMO Pro), I get no sound. Firmware says 'Unknown', and guess what, there's no Continuous AF on the X5! The entire OSMO platform is about shooting in motion! and they decide that there is no C-AF? Not to mention they really should have some kind of object tracking with C-AF.

The external battery extender connector is so lose to the battery making any field shooting with the 2 pin connector pretty much impossible.

I have always enjoyed DJI products in the past, but for the first time, the OSMO is really letting the company down. Things were improved with firmware but not solved. E.g., even with the X3 fan off during video with the latest firmware, the sound from the gimbal is still quite loud. And with the X5, the fan does not turn off at all during shooting.

BTW, the AWB on the X5 is a joke under tungsten. Say under 2700k lighting, the X5 sees 3900k. The list goes on, but this sums up the major issues I now face.

2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Sorry for any frustration caused!
About the issue of the 'tightness' of the X5 adaptor, I will report it to our relevant department and we'll try to find a better solution ASAP.
About the "unknown" firmware issue, let's discuss it in another thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-51931-1-1.html
About the issue of "no Continuous AF", we'll look into it further.
About the external battery extender, If you use below batteries, you need to use another separate Battery (2 PIN) to DC Power Cable, it's really a problem, please contact your dealer for an exchange.
PH3-4480mAh-15.2V (Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery**)
TB47/TB48 (Inspire 1 Intelligent Flight Battery**)
844297-4350mAh-15.2V (Ronin Intelligent Battery**)
824380-3400mAh-14.8V (Ronin Intelligent Battery**)
423496-1580mAh-14.4V (Ronin-M Intelligent Battery**)

Sorry again, and thanks for your understanding!
2016-5-11
Use props
wslam
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-12 11:24
Hello!
Sorry for any frustration caused!
About the issue of the 'tightness' of the X5 adaptor, I wil ...

Thank you Adela,

1) The tightness of the adapter is really unacceptable.
2) Re: Unknown Version Firmware. I saw your post, I will try tonight.
3) No C-AF for a system that is supposed to emphasize MOVEMENT is a joke! DJI really needs to do C-AF with Focus Tracking.
4) I am using the 2Pin cable, and it is VERY lose.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

wslam Posted at 2016-5-12 17:05
Thank you Adela,

1) The tightness of the adapter is really unacceptable.

Hi,
For all the physical problems, could you please contact your dealer for a better solution, since it's hardware issue, I'm afraid you may need to send it in for repair or replacement.

As for the C-AF, I've reported to our R&D department, if there's any further update, we would keep you informed in our official website.
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules