Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ACTIVATION FAILED Problem DJI OSMO
12Next >
15668 44 2016-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christopheyobou
New

Hi
I'm not came to activated the DJI OSMO from the DJI GO app (android, samsung galaxy S6 update). The activation system from the application  give me the following message:
ACTIVATION FAILED (LOCAL MCFAIL) Contact DJI Support if problem persists after restart.
Screenshot_20160511-223555 [44862].png

I don't find in the FAQ and Forum issues for my problem. Could you help me ? more info :

1.      The camera don't move when i turn on the dji osmo, maybe is normal but on the video presentation which time i see that the osmo camera move for get in the handful axe.

2.       The camera seem work, because, when i push the photo button i hear the validation sound and when i go in the dji folder in my smartphone i see photo, but no video. a

3.       Le firmware  is update. my  Samsung galaxy S6 is update and  DJI GO too. i testing the activation on a iphone and its didn't work
thank you
i hope you will hep me !

2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Sorry about the problem!
Before the successful activation, the Osmo can't be used normally.
Could you please tell me the email address which you tried to activate the Osmo? Our engineers will help to look into it and try to help you out.

Wait for your reply!
2016-5-11
Use props
christopheyobou
New

Hello,
I use this email address : christopheyobou@hotmail.com
thank you
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

christopheyobou Posted at 2016-5-12 13:16
Hello,
I use this email address :
thank you

Thanks for your information!
After checking in our system, it shows that your Osmo is an "Invalid Device", please contact your dealer for an exchange.

Sorry for any inconvenience!
2016-5-12
Use props
SkyMatix
lvl.2

South Africa

I had a similar problem. In the end I signed out of my account in the App, then went to activate the Osmo again, and signed in when it prompted me to do so. That sorted it immediately.
2016-5-13
Use props
daniellee
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Hi, I just received my DJI osmo from the DJI nline store today and got exactly the same activation problem and same error message (LocalMcFail). Did firmware update, tried Samsung S6 and Iphone 6 with all latest software version, still same problem. Any idea or suggestion is very much appreciated.
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniellee@shaw. Posted at 2016-5-14 16:57
Hi, I just received my DJI osmo from the DJI nline store today and got exactly the same activation p ...

Hi,
If this problem persists all the time, could you also please tell me your registered email address? We'll check it out in our server system.
Wait for your reply.
Thanks!
2016-5-14
Use props
daniellee
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

the email address is daniellee@shaw.ca, thanks in advance for your help.
2016-5-14
Use props
robmar555
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-12 13:48
Hello!
Sorry about the problem!
Before the successful activation, the Osmo can't be used normally.

Hey there,I am trying to activate my osmo, I get a message saying 'your account has been linked. Connect the osmo to activate it, what do I connect the osmo to? my internet connection is my mobile phone using the wifi hotspot, looking forwards to using it.
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

robmar555@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-16 09:55
Hey there,I am trying to activate my osmo, I get a message saying 'your account has been linked. C ...

Hello!
The Osmo handle can send the Osmo WiFi which start with OSMO...the default password is 12341234.
Please watch this activation tutorial, if you have any question, please feel free to contact us.
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniellee@shaw. Posted at 2016-5-15 13:27
the email address is , thanks in advance for your help.

Hi daniellee,
After confirming with our engineers, your device is also an Invalid Device. Sorry about that!
Please contact your dealer for an exchange, or you may contact our support team directly.

Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-5-15
Use props
robmar555
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-16 12:26
Hi daniellee,
After confirming with our engineers, your device is also an Invalid Device. Sorry ab ...

it is really disturbing to watch folks who have laid out a lot of cash to use the camera then some screwy activation shit stops them, hope this does not happen to me, why are their cameras 'invalid'?.
2016-5-15
Use props
daniellee
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I bought mine brand new directly from the DJI online store. Took 3 days to arrive from Shenzhen, China. Right off the start, I got an "Invalid Device" ????
How can this happen with a reputable company like DJI ?

Now, I have to ship it back to China on my own ???? and wait for replacement, and hope they will ship a "Valid Device" ???
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniellee@shaw. Posted at 2016-5-16 11:03
I bought mine brand new directly from the DJI online store. Took 3 days to arrive from Shenzhen, Chi ...

Sorry about the situation!
Please send email to support.us@dji.com, our support representative will help to arrange the replacement ASAP.
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

robmar555@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-16 10:45
it is really disturbing to watch folks who have laid out a lot of cash to use the camera then some ...

The device itself should be in good condition physically. The issue is about the SN. It just needs to be returned for the SN.

If there's any inconvenience caused, please be forgiven.
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-5-15
Use props
robmar555
lvl.1

Australia

daniellee@shaw. Posted at 2016-5-16 13:03
I bought mine brand new directly from the DJI online store. Took 3 days to arrive from Shenzhen, Chi ...

It is mad, I got mine from dwi for 700aud it has passed the activation test, I have bought some of the best cameras on the market, d800 etc, never had this rubbish to deal with, next thing their system fails and all activations are nulled, great.
2016-5-16
Use props
robmar555
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-16 14:26
The device itself should be in good condition physically. The issue is about the SN. It just needs ...

The ISSUE is about people being mucked around after laying out a lot of cash, this could very well be fraud, you are shipping dodgy product and giving folk the run around, shame on you.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

robmar555@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-17 05:43
The ISSUE is about people being mucked around after laying out a lot of cash, this could very well ...

That's not what we wanna see.
Once this situation happens, we will try our best to exchange a new one for all of our clients ASAP.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-16
Use props
daniellee
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

It doesn't look like this an isolation case.

DJI shipped out a lot of these "Invalid Device" to mucked people !

DJI should be pro-active to resolve this problem, rather sending people around different department.

BTW, I have sent email to your US support, and have yet to receive any reply. I know it was the weekend, hope to hear from them soon. But so far, not impressive.
2016-5-16
Use props
propartners1.gm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286900 ft
  • >>>
Lebanon

Hi. I cannot activate my osmo..mc fail.
Email: propartners1@gmail.com
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniellee@shaw. Posted at 2016-5-17 11:50
It doesn't look like this an isolation case.

DJI shipped out a lot of these "Invalid Device" to mu ...

Hello.
We're well aware of the situation and try to improve.

If there's any further feedback about your case, please let me know.
Hope everything goes smoothly for you.
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

propartners1.gm Posted at 2016-6-1 15:33
Hi. I cannot activate my osmo..mc fail.
Email: propartners1@gmail.com

Hi,
We can check out that you've activated several units, could you please tell me the specific SN of the unit which you're talking about? We need it to check the situation further for you this time. The SN label is on the bottom of the Osmo handle which starts with "06", if it's convenient, please take a picture for us.

Thanks.
2016-6-1
Use props
Paniza
First Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Hi there,

Once they get your email, please considering deleting from the pages. Food for spammers.

Thanks.
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

halligsarah@gma Posted at 2016-6-16 01:20
Hi, I was wondering if you can check your server about mine as well? It's not working. My email is

Hello Halligsarah,
We'll help to check it out in the Server.
May I know the exact problem you have? We may help you further based on the details.

Thanks.
2016-6-15
Use props
harveybcowper
New

Australia

Hi Adela,

I've run into the same issue with my Osmo. Only received it a few days ago. Very frustrating, I'm in Australia, what should I do from here Adela?
2016-6-30
Use props
user1dda5cb5f7
New

Argentina

I have the same problem my username is morocco_disco@hotmail.com
image.png
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

harveybcowper Posted at 2016-6-30 18:25
Hi Adela,

I've run into the same issue with my Osmo. Only received it a few days ago. Very frustrat ...

Hello harveybcowper,
Sorry for the issue.
Please don't worry, we've established service centers in Austrialia, you may contact support@dji.com for help or you please contact your dealer for further assistant.

For any problem, please contact us freely.
Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

user1dda5cb5f7 Posted at 2016-7-3 14:49

Hello user1dda5cb5f7,
As you may know, in this case, you'll have to return the unit for a replacement. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Could you please email to support@dji.com for further help? Or you please contact your dealer for help.

If you need any other help, please let us know.
Thanks for your understanding.
2016-7-3
Use props
harveybcowper
New

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-7-4 11:50
Hello harveybcowper,
Sorry for the issue.
Please don't worry, we've established service centers i ...

So should I return it for another device from my supplier Adela? This is the message that pops up when I try to activate the gimbal.
image.png
2016-7-5
Use props
harveybcowper
New

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-7-4 11:50
Hello harveybcowper,
Sorry for the issue.
Please don't worry, we've established service centers i ...

So should I return it for another device from my supplier Adela? This is the message that pops up when I try to activate the gimbal.
2016-7-5
Use props
fjflb
lvl.1

Portugal

Same herre!

activation failed (server not available devices)
my mail is franciscobatista.rx@gmail.com
can you check it please?
2016-7-6
Use props
wbillib
New

Germany

You should just take another smartphone, to finish the activation,
cause later, its no problem, to use your smartphone with the display function.
Some smartphones, like my samsung, seems to clear the cache data, after changing between 2 wifi stations.

2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fjflb Posted at 2016-7-6 08:42
Same herre!

Can you borrow an iPhone/iOS? Sometimes the activation fails on Android but succeeds on iOS.
Thank you.
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

fjflb Posted at 2016-7-6 08:42
Same herre!

Can you borrow an iPhone/iOS? Sometimes the activation fails on Android but succeeds on iOS.
Thank you.
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

harveybcowper Posted at 2016-7-5 07:48
So should I return it for another device from my supplier Adela? This is the message that pops up  ...

Thank you.
2016-7-17
Use props
david8704
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1629846 ft
Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-15 05:36
Hi,
If this problem persists all the time, could you also please tell me your registered email add ...

I have the same problem on my all new Osmo Mobile, my e-mail i david8704@gmail.com
2016-10-12
Use props
david8704
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1629846 ft
Sweden

user1dda5cb5f7 Posted at 2016-7-3 08:49

Did you got it to work?
2016-10-12
Use props
fansc6b2cae6
New

Portugal

Olá ....

O meu DJI OSMO * ... não definitiva da configuracao NÃO Mostra uma imagem Sem smartphones ... penso Ser hum Problema Comum em MUITOS que tenho assistido no Youtube. 06NKDJ2 20B0680

O Que Posso Fazer Para ultrapassar ESTA Situação?
ruilouraco@gmail.com

Obrigado
2016-12-23
Use props
astart
New

Russia

I've got same problem:
Activation failed (server error. please retry)

Restart didn't help
can you check it please?
my E-mail astart@nm.ru

Thanks
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_qkEMi4YJ4iYa
New

El Salvador

Hi, this is the issue that I'm getting when trying to activate my osmo. Any suggestions? My email is mada_porky@hotmail.com
2019-2-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules