¿NORMAL BEHAVIOR? OSMO NEWBIE
882 8 2016-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vidalrica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 522073 ft
Mexico

Hi! I'm an osmo owner for two months now. I love the camera, its awesome. I've recently made a trip to Europe and I have awesome footage. But there are some things my Osmo does  that I doesn't now if it's the normal functioning or not.
The first thing is when I finish recording and put it to sleep mode or turn it off, the camera doesn't really turns off completely. The fan nevers turns off. That, of course consumes all the battery, and also get the camera very hot, even turned off. So if i want to turn it off and save battery, I have to remove the battery every time I finish recording and put it back again when I want to continue recording.

Another strange behavior is when I put the Osmo in sleep mode or turn it off (without removing the battery). When I wake the Osmo, the gimbal never responds. It just "beeps" and blinks in green, but the gimbal never recovers from sleep mode. In order to solve this I have to turn off the osmo and I have to remove the battery for a second justo to put it back again. With that when I turn it on it responds normally.

I don't know if those things are natural of the osmo or not, that's why I'm looking for help. Just let you know that I have the latest firmware and the latest app in iOS.

Thanks!

2016-5-11
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

That is not normal behaviour of osmo, check if the mounting lock for the gimbal is in the right position (handle & gimbal), check if the screws of the mount are ok (dont tighten too much, you will strip them) install the latest Firmware 1.6 with SD card method, not from the App, factory reset gimbal camera and reset everything in the app, download the latest dji go app. That is what i can think right now, let me know if it get fixed
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
When using the Osmo, if the camera gets really hot, the fan will keep spinning until it cools down and then enter Sleep Mode.
When you said that the fan can't be stopped even though you turned off the unit, it blinks green and beep, could you please tell me more details about the "beep" and the "green" lights of the LED?
You're using the X3 and the Osmo handle, right?

Wait for your further information!
2016-5-12
Use props
vidalrica
lvl.1
Mexico

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-5-12 13:44
That is not normal behaviour of osmo, check if the mounting lock for the gimbal is in the right posi ...

Hi! I've tried all those things withput any success. Still no luck. Thanks for your support.
2016-5-16
Use props
vidalrica
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-12 17:05
Hi,
When using the Osmo, if the camera gets really hot, the fan will keep spinning until it cools do ...

Thanks for your reply. When I turn off the device or put it on sleep mode the fan never stops. If I start the unit the gimbal doesn't starts by itself, that's when the blinking and the beeping starts. I'll try to record a video to see if it helps to know what is going on and how to solve it.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

vidalrica Posted at 2016-5-16 21:57
Thanks for your reply. When I turn off the device or put it on sleep mode the fan never stops. If  ...

A video would be more helpful for our better understanding about the problem.
Please check the SD card. Have you remembered to format your SD card in the DJI GO App after firmware upgrading?

Thanks.
2016-5-16
Use props
vidalrica
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-17 14:29
A video would be more helpful for our better understanding about the problem.
Please check the SD  ...

Thanks again, so here is the video. Sorry for my english. Hope it helps to know what is going on and how to solve it.

2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

vidalrica Posted at 2016-5-18 11:57
Thanks again, so here is the video. Sorry for my english. Hope it helps to know what is going on an ...

Thanks for your video.
In our judgement, your Osmo might have something wrong with the hardware.
Could you please contact your dealer for repair? Or, please just contact support.us@dji.com directly.

Once you get any Ticket NO. or RMA No. or Case No. please let me know so that I can help to follow up the processes.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-5-17
Use props
vidalrica
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-18 02:01
Thanks for your video.
In our judgement, your Osmo might have something wrong with the hardware.
C ...

Thanks Adela. I bought it on Amazon with a China reseller. I'll contact support.us@dji.com to see if they can help.
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules