Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Downgraded on X5
4438 17 2016-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

After thinking about it for several weeks, I took the plunge!!
I downgraded the firmware on my x5 camera back to Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.4.0.70 and boy am I glad I did!!
  • Auto focus has returned.
  • Focus assistant has returned.
  • Gimbal drift is gone.
  • Odd ISO readings gone.

Only thing I have to tolerate is notice that FW needs upgrading.
That's easier to live with than Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.8.1.00 was...............

2016-5-11
Use props
Mike9129
First Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

how did you downgrade all the remotes to 1.4?

im between upgrading and trying to keep everything on the same 1.5
2016-5-30
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I did nothing to the remote. The FW I downgraded was for the camera only and effected nothing else.
2016-5-30
Use props
Captain Jimbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 624196 ft
New Zealand

how did you downgrade the firmware for the camera and not the aircraft? I am keen to do the same thing
2016-5-31
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>

Load .bin file  v1.4.0.70 on card, install in camera. Turn on Aircraft (Leavre RC off) and it will do it's thing. Took abut 10 minutes.
Then read the card in computer to verify that it worked. I could tell right away because the focus assist was back and auto focus works once again. When touching area on screen, it zooms in on that area and focuses. Just like it used to!! I haven't had any issues with the AC or RC so found no reason to go any further. I just wanted my camera back like it was.
I still get that little red triangle saying 'FW Update needed', which i ignore.
2016-6-1
Use props
Captain Jimbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 624196 ft
New Zealand

Thanks, i down graded the camera and aircraft and went out and now my models are working again. seems crazy that would make so much difference
2016-6-1
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>

Yes, it makes a huge difference. I mulled it over for weeks before I did it. Then I finally realized that I could always reverse the changes if I didn't like them.
That camera update castrated my X5. Now it is back in it's glory!
2016-6-1
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-6-1 23:29
Yes, it makes a huge difference. I mulled it over for weeks before I did it. Then I finally realized ...

Wow Aero,  DJI should take notice of this .

And you are sure none of the settings were different ?  the base settings, you know what I mean ?  
Do you think perhaps the Go app had anything to do with it ?

Thanks for sharing you experience

donnie

2016-6-2
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>

Nothing else has changed. It was definitely the FW upgrade that disrupted the camera performance. It's funny, what led me to down grade it was reading plenty of posts complaining of the same issues that I was having.
     But, I think that many are uncertain as to the cause, since shortly after the camera update there was an AC & RC upgrade. Those upgrades caused no problems to me. (Didn't see any benefits either!) But none the less, no problems since I read the directions and did the upgrades in the proper order.
     The camera upgrade made the camera virtually useless. Focus assist became virtually non-existant. Auto focus un-useable. Odd ISO readings appeared. Gimbal drift got very bad. Camera green LED got very dim unless actually shooting a picture, at which point it flashed bright while shutter was open. (This did not effect operation, but was noticed.)
     I shoot still photos only, so I can't speak to any changes to the video abilities either before or after but haven't seen any changes in latency or feed quality.
2016-6-2
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.3

Switzerland

For video, the 1.4 FW is useless cause of flickering. For photo it was perfect. 1.3 was best so far for video.
2016-6-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-6-2 09:34
Nothing else has changed. It was definitely the FW upgrade that disrupted the camera performanc ...

Do you think this will still work ?  If so do you have the file for the X5 camera for 1.4 ? if so can you send it to me  or give me a link , no rush just when you have a minute.
donaldjames1990@gmail.com

Edit *** found a site for old files - do you think it is still worth doing ?

I did not think you could rollback on the AC  more than 1 step backward.  Does this only effect the camera or does it effect the Aircraft as well.  Because the RC will not work if the Aircraft is at 1.4 and my RC is at 1.7.  ( icould roll back the RC but was just wondering what your thoughts are , perhaps it only rollsback the camera ? )
do you happen to know if the latest updates have solved the problem and I should just stay put at the most current FW.

Thanks, I know you are very knowledgable about this .

Donnie

2016-9-7
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-7 20:42
Do you think this will still work ?  If so do you have the file for the X5 camera for 1.4 ? if so c ...

It was a camera only update and effected nothing else.
I have no idea if subsequent updates have fixed the issues as I have done none since.
Everything is working fine.
2016-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-9-7 15:41
I have no idea if subsequent updates have f ...

Wish we had a way to do this same thing for the X3 camera. So far, we are waiting on R&D to release a FW fix. The Go App has made some minor improvements but the camera is not fixed

Rich
2016-9-7
Use props
KS Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 513655 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-9-7 14:41
I have no idea if subsequent updates have fixed the issues as I have done none since.

will it work for a I2 also?
2017-2-4
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KS Drones Posted at 2017-2-4 14:42
will it work for a I2 also?

I have no idea since I do not have an I2.
But, since that day (9 months ago) I have not done one single FW update on AC or RC and all are working fine.
I constantly read here and on other forums of FW glitches and bugs so I do not do them.

If it ain't broke.... don't fix it.
2017-2-4
Use props
Bruno Soares
lvl.1

Brazil

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-9-7 14:41
It was a camera only update and effected nothing else.

Could you send me the 1.4 FW of the X5? bcssoares@gmail.com or send me the link to download.

Att
2018-5-16
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

No clue where to find it now. That was then.......
2018-5-16
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bruno Soares Posted at 2018-5-16 03:55
Could you send me the 1.4 FW of the X5?  or send me the link to download.

Att

wow this is old!!

go here to find this FW
Rich

http://dji.polybotes.feralhostin ... /Inspire%201%20Pro/
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules