Geo reference
2663 15 2016-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

Hi

Are the videos and photos from Inspire 1 x3 Geo-referenced, and if so how can i access it to be used in survey projects?
Is the georeference in MISB format,  or any other format?

Thanks
2016-5-12
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

The photos are not sure about video. You can view the GPS coords in the photos properties.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

In your editing software when the video starts that's where the Exif data is from. For photos the JPEG is from the GPS including altitude,  and RAW  the altitude is from the barometer.
So if needing to monitor altitude, then use RAW photos.
2016-5-12
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

Thanks for reply,  what about the MISB format, anyone know anything about that?
How can i see/access the exif data?
Thanks
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kvamens Posted at 2016-5-13 06:30
Thanks for reply,  what about the MISB format, anyone know anything about that?
How can i see/access ...

You have to put the photos onto your computer then use an editing program to see the Exif data.
2016-5-12
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

If you are using Photoshop, the lat/long and altitude info is available... Menu -> File -> File Info -> GPS Data, for exif, same place but  you have to scroll all the way right at the top to 'Advanced' an you'll see the exif data plus a ton of other info. That is for jpg and DNG files alike.
2016-5-12
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 06:26
You have to put the photos onto your computer then use an editing program to see the Exif data.

Hi and thanks

So you can not see the georeference live while you fly in Go app?
Let's say a customer want to fly along a line and make a stop somewhere on that line, can you find the georeference for that stop somewhere if you taking video and not photos?

thanks
2016-5-13
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-5-13 08:34
If you are using Photoshop, the lat/long and altitude info is available... Menu -> File -> File Info ...

Thanks for repley
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kvamens Posted at 2016-5-13 18:03
Hi and thanks

So you can not see the georeference live while you fly in Go app?

No you cannot, I know people have requested it and I have sent the requests over but they have not added it.
I'm sure there are 3rd party apps out there that you can use and they will display the Exif data while flying.
2016-5-13
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 15:56
No you cannot, I know people have requested it and I have sent the requests over but they have not ...

Ok, thx Ken
2016-5-13
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 15:56
No you cannot, I know people have requested it and I have sent the requests over but they have not ...

Btw, you know if Matrice600, have the possibility to do this?  
And do Matrice600 have the possibilitie to add a 2nd cam on it, so you can use one for FPV and one for footage?
If you want, this is an interesting articel about the MISP and georeference and maybe would be interesting and explain what would be nice tohave if doing som serious survey
http://geospatial-solutions.com/ ... t-big-data-problem/
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kvamens Posted at 2016-5-14 16:37
Btw, you know if Matrice600, have the possibility to do this?  
And do Matrice600 have the possibil ...

I have been testing the M600 for a few weeks already and it uses the same Go app so no there is not Exif data displayed in the app.
And yes, it is has the capability to have 2 video outputs, one from the camera gimbal and your FPV camera.
Here is  link to the Lightbridge2 that explains how it works and also download the manual and you will better understand everything.
http://www.dji.com/product/lightbridge-2
2016-5-14
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-14 16:57
I have been testing the M600 for a few weeks already and it uses the same Go app so no there is no ...

Thx Ken, thats  great news

I had a question to the sales dep. In DJI and they told me it wasen't possible with this kind of setup, i'm glad it seems this setup is possible afterall

Thanks
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kvamens Posted at 2016-5-14 23:47
Thx Ken, thats  great news

I had a question to the sales dep. In DJI and they told me it ...

I am sorry that they gave you the wrong information. This aircraft is so new that it may have slipped someone's mind. This is truly an amazing aircraft and for the price you will not find anything anywhere like it.
For $4,600 you get a ready to fly (less camera/gimbal) aircraft with batteries, the A3 flight controller and the Lightbridge2. It really is an incredible aircraft.
2016-5-14
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-14 18:05
I am sorry that they gave you the wrong information. This aircraft is so new that it may have slip ...

Yes, i looked at this, and think it's gonna be my next bird

Thanks
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kvamens Posted at 2016-5-15 01:46
Yes, i looked at this, and think it's gonna be my next bird

Nice, you will absolutely love it
2016-5-14