DJI Go App Losses Camera Settings after I1 reboot.
1480 7 2016-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3330620 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,
  I have been using the Inspire from day 1, and I have the i1 Pro, and the i1Raw. Once thing that I have noticed latly in the software is that the Go App is not saving the last camera settings when you reboot the aircraft. I leave the remote and Go App on, but when I reboot the aircraft, nothing is saved. What is not being saved, for example, I will be shooting in apature priority with a apature setting of say 6. Then when I reboot, the apature always returns to the lowest number the lens supports, and the focus is always way out of focus, so everytime I reboot, I have to refocus the cameras, go to the apature setting, and painfully move the apature to where I had it, and the pain part is that you can not just slid the slider over to the last setting as you have to stop at each stop setting for the iso to catch up, because if you do not stop at each stop setting, the slider will automaticly go back to the stop you skipped over.
  If you are in manual mode, you have to change everything.
  Another issue is that the right hand wheel that you can use the wheel through these setting, you have to click back over to apature, which would be nice if it would also keep apature selected, and sometime as your wheel thought, the selection will move over to the exposure setting, which will then goof your settings up.

Thanks
Joe

2016-5-12
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

Yes, the settings don't seem to be sticky.  Kind of annoying when you're limited on battery power
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I will forward your post and see if I can get an answer for you. In the meantime can you try this just to see what happens, power up the aircraft first then the app and see if you get the same results.
2016-5-12
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

GASP!   That's wrong order and my preflight checklist LOL
2016-5-13
Use props
joe
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Just tried it, and I still get the same issue. Settings are not Sticking.
2016-5-13
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As a pro photographer, the loss of time is a real PIA, having to reset these settings before a flight or change of battery on a more battery restricted drone X5, 1 minute is vital.

Thanks

Sean
2016-8-14
Use props
fansd8cc7760
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I posted this back and May, and it is still not fixed. I have messed up so many videos because it defaults the aperture back to wide open, and kicks the shutter speed up to a super high speed.
2016-12-20
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

UnSean1 Posted at 2016-8-14 03:26
As a pro photographer, the loss of time is a real PIA, having to reset these settings before a flight or change of battery on a more battery restricted drone X5, 1 minute is vital.

Thanks

To be honest, the loss in battery time is minimal, unless for some reason you decide to change the setting while the bird is in the air. No doubt, this is a continual nuisance but it's effect on your length of flight is pretty much non-existent if you remember what your settings were and reset before you turn the motors on.  
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules