emergency procedures
4368 15 2016-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peter400
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40741 ft
United Kingdom

I have read a lot of reviews and threads in this forum. Will the Phantom 3 return to home if all control is lost. I understand if the aircraft loses its signal for man than 3 seconds it should automatically retun to home as long as the RTH has been set correctly before flying.
I am currently putting my Operational manual together and the last section covers all emergenvy eventualities, does anyone have a list of responses to this

2016-5-12
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, if the RC signal is lost & the aircraft has a good GPS lock & you have set the RTH height correctly & you have set it to come home in the app, it will return to home.

For the rest, you'll get better info generally on the Inspire forums as more people with Inspire's have PfAW.
2016-5-12
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Yes that is true....I found out the hard way LOL... When I get a weak signal message I always turn around and bring her back or initiate RTH.. This ! time I could not hit RTH fast enough Lost signal massage came up then asked me if I was to initiate RTH  I Pretty much said "hell yeah" LOL
2016-5-12
Use props
Peter400
lvl.1
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-12 18:38
Yes, if the RC signal is lost & the aircraft has a good GPS lock & you have set the RTH height corre ...

thanks nigelw
2016-5-12
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

or you can tell it to land or hover... it's a setting in go app, but I had my advanced lose signal quite a few times, and every time it did exactly what I told it to do, and as soon as i regained the signal I could take over and either work it while in RTH mode, or cancel RTH....
I never actually powered of the radio on purpose yet, but I am sure that test would be fine as well ;)
Having it set to hover is good if you are flying near power lines, or some other things that could be ABOVE you, you really do not want it to ascend if there's a chance something is above it. When I lost signal and hade hover setup as the action, I just had to move a few steps closer, readjust the antennae, and continue flying.. preferably towards me ;)
2016-5-12
Use props
ARM-001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

If you PM me I can give you a list. Who's your NQE? Ideally they should be able to support the OM prep......
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Peter, I think this link may help you :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r
2016-5-12
Use props
Peter400
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-13 07:25
Hello Peter, I think this link may help you :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQ ...

excellent thanks I will have a look
2016-5-12
Use props
Peter400
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ARM-001 Posted at 2016-5-12 21:14
If you PM me I can give you a list. Who's your NQE? Ideally they should be able to support the OM pr ...

being quite new to forums what does PM mean?
2016-5-12
Use props
Peter400
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-12 20:53
or you can tell it to land or hover... it's a setting in go app, but I had my advanced lose signal q ...

Can I make it hover using the DJI app as well?
2016-5-12
Use props
ARM-001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Peter400 Posted at 2016-5-13 08:50
being quite new to forums what does PM mean?

I'll ping you
2016-5-13
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

PM = Private Message
2016-5-13
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

When your done with it please post as a pdf and many of us can review and help add and make changes for accuracy for it.   also can bring in new ideas and thoughts overall from the many brilliant minds on here(and few very special ones)   
2016-5-13
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Peter400 Posted at 2016-5-13 01:51
Can I make it hover using the DJI app as well?

in dji go app, once in the "camera view" click the drone near top left, scroll down to advanced, in there you have an option for "signal lost" action, you can select RTH or hover, you can also do throttle down, but I would not recommend that ;)
2016-5-13
Use props
Peter400
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-13 20:33
in dji go app, once in the "camera view" click the drone neat top left, scroll down to advanced, i ...

Thanks very much, I ended up watching the video's suggested by the DJI from Hong Kong and then found what you were talking about. I had no idea there was an alternative. I will need to go back to the drawing board and look at all facets of the APP. It s a shame they do not relay all this information into the manual.
2016-5-13
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Peter400 Posted at 2016-5-13 23:29
Thanks very much, I ended up watching the video's suggested by the DJI from Hong Kong and then fou ...

I think you are correct, a lot of it is not in the manual... I agree.. Manual is still good, but far from complete and up to date. It would be nice if there was a FULL manual for each model, covering all the options and app functions in more detail. i know I would have read it, and certainly would re-visit after a new firmware and app were released.. but then again, i can see how hard it would be to keep up to date, and keep old versions on, in case people chose not to upgrade....
2016-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules