Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 dead with X5 adapter
1219 11 2016-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
media100
lvl.3

Germany

Hello,

my X5 just doesn't move (gets no power) when installed on the Osmo with the X5 adaptor. Wifi is not available, too. The Osmo and X5 adapter works without problems with the X3 (wifi is abailable with X3), but not with the X5. The X5 works without problems with my Inspire Pro !!! So it seems to be a problem with the adapter. How can I fix this ?

Btw: tried to do a firmware update on the X5 via microSD (newest firmware for Osmo Pro) but it doesn't start to update as the X5 gets no power from the X5 adapter.

Who experiences the same problem and how to resolve it ? Seems to be a hardware problem with the X5 adaptor imho...????
2016-5-12
Use props
rj74
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine X5 didn't update at first. I switched to a fully charged different battery and it updated fine from the SD card. Not sure if that's your issue but worth trying just it case.
2016-5-12
Use props
media100
lvl.3

Germany

Thanks for your reply. I already tried that several times with another fully charged battery, but no luck. Waited for a few minutes but nothing happened. I think the X5 just doesn't get power distribution from the OSMO, as it's not moving when powering up the OSMO.
2016-5-13
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Not sure if it will help, but I had the same problem. If you go to the forum link below, you can see my explanation, a video showing what it did, etc. You will also see that I found an issue someone else was having and used the firmware (that isn't released yet) and it worked! I had tried everything up to that point!  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid403961
2016-5-13
Use props
media100
lvl.3

Germany

@chris: thanks for your advice, I already saw your thread on the forum and downloaded the firmware update you posted. Unfortunately it won't install on my x5, because the x5 just doesn't seem to get power from the Osmo adapter. It's really frustrating, still waiting for DJI Europe Support reply...
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

media100 Posted at 2016-5-14 02:07
@chris: thanks for your advice, I already saw your thread on the forum and downloaded the firmware u ...

Hello!
When you were trying to power on the handle, did the LED lit?
Does the fan of the X5 spin?
Or do you mean there is no response at all with the X5?
2016-5-14
Use props
media100
lvl.3

Germany

The fan of the X5 doesn't spin when I power up the Osmo with the X5 adapter and X5 mounted. The LED on the X5 is not working too. Seems there's no power distribution to the X5 via the adapter. As I said the X5 works without problems with my Inspire Pro.
2016-5-15
Use props
media100
lvl.3

Germany

I've the same issue with my X5 adapter as the DJI forum user runi@photopop.dk has....
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

media100 Posted at 2016-5-16 02:19
I've the same issue with my X5 adapter as the DJI forum user runi@photopop.dk has....

Sorry!!
Could you please return your adaptor for repair? We judge that there might be something wrong with the adaptor in hardware.

Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-5-15
Use props
olof
lvl.1

Sweden

Same here.... No power when using adapter. :-( And dji chat just informed me i have to update EVERY TIME i switch between osmo and inspire.. thats a BIG downer in the field. :-(
2016-9-30
Use props
Timothy H wood
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437500 ft

United Kingdom

Same for me, No power to gimble x3 works fine though. Has anyone got a solution yet?
2018-5-4
Use props
Timothy H wood
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437500 ft

United Kingdom

Same for me, No power to gimble x3 works fine though. Has anyone got a solution yet?
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules