Video Transmission is horrible?
1437 21 2016-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I am using the P4 with an iphone 5s.

Every few seconds, 1/3 or 1/2 of the screen becomes green? I am afraid to fly this because I may lose the signal.

Is this a known issue with the P4?  or do I have a defective unit?

I tried different channels, but the issue persists.I had image transmission to below avg. quality; it was set to 6. Not sure oif this setting is related to my video transmission issue though.

Any ideas?

2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello net_box, did you enable the hardware decoding option in General settings? What was the image transmitting condition and did the drone detect interference at that time?
2016-5-12
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the reply!

I am going to try it tomorrow.

I tried different settings earlier during initial flight testing, but the green screen kept coming up.
I also wonder if there is an auto channel selection mode, by which the processor can choose the best channel, and hop to it automatically?

Please offer suggestions how to optimize the transmitted video quality and maximize the range. I was getting video range alerts, and the craft was only about a few feet away.
2016-5-12
Use props
P4 Apa
New

Jamaica

net_box Posted at 2016-5-12 22:53
Thanks for the reply!

I am going to try it tomorrow.

I have the same problem. i am flying my P4 on the beach in Jamaica beaches Negril, i get the same half green screen and my video decoder is also on. It seems to start happening after about 25 percent off battery consumed.  Im using the orginal sd card tha came in the unit as well.  Its also losing connection when it's about 50-100 feet away and i have clear site and no obstructions
2016-5-12
Use props
P4 Apa
New

Jamaica

I have the same problem. i am flying my P4 on the beach in Jamaica beaches Negril, i get the same half green screen and my video decoder is also on. It seems to start happening after about 25 percent off battery consumed.  Im using the orginal sd card that came in the unit as well.  Its also losing connection when it's about 50-100 feet away and i have clear site and no obstructions.  This also started to happen when i first bought the unit about a month ago, i brought it back to the shop about 7 days after i bought it to make a note on my file.  I also switched from a Samsung Tab 3 to a mini Ipad from the recommend list and still the problem is getting progressivly worse.   I cleared out the cache on the unit thinking it was also that but nothing.  Please help

2016-5-12
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I was afraid to fly it far, until DJI figures this one out.  

I was also not sure if it was a video transmission related issue, or iphone video latency.

But after the last post, I am afraid this maybe a video transmission issue with the P4.
BTW: Mine was occuring with 100% battery life and the craft was only about a few feet from me.
2016-5-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is most likely an issue with your iPhone. Try reducing the video data rate in settings to see if it helps.
2016-5-12
Use props
gioffa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 260381 ft
Italy

I had the same problem with iPad mini, I changed with mini iPad 4. It is ok
2016-5-12
Use props
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

Don't know if exactly the same issue as described but I get similar issue quite often that I fly:
It's a brand new device without any bumps.

Kinda makes you unconfined to fly farther than 100m, and no-one seems to know what's causing it. Wether it's hardware issue, and should be returned or a software issue and can wait for a fix..

All people seem to have concluded is that it happens regardless of the tablet/app you use and when flying a phantom 3 with the same app/tablet, the issue isn't there, so it's P4 specific.
2016-5-13
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I confirmed that even if I set it to the lowest video streaming quality and with hardware decoding, I keep getting 1/3 to 1/2 te lower screen to be green.

I am also getting low video quality warnings, so it must be the P4 then, not the iphone I am using.

I think this one also has to go back to the store for refund.  

Even if it's software, it will take months before any updates are proven out, so I think we have to play it safe and wait for a proven version.
2016-5-13
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

net_box Posted at 2016-5-13 15:30
I confirmed that even if I set it to the lowest video streaming quality and with hardware decoding,  ...

This kind of problem is almost always due to insufficient processing power of your device (iPhone, iPad or Androïd). Try it out with a newer model and it will work flawlessly. It does not interfere with the control signal to and from the drone though, it only affects the videostream.
2016-5-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alari Posted at 2016-5-13 04:01
Don't know if exactly the same issue as described but I get similar issue quite often that I fly:
It ...

It looks like interference to me.
2016-5-13
Use props
gasturbine59
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am having the same issues and thought it was my tablet so got a brand new Nexus 7 marshmallow, but made no difference, it seems to be when drone is close by, so I have range extender mod on my p4 controller and can remove both aerials!!, this clears up the problem so I am guessing signal overload?
2016-5-13
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to turn on hardware decoding, but if problem still remains it is something related to devices hardware which is responsible for decoding. Try using latest iPhone or ipad.
2016-5-13
Use props
brickard
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-13
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

New Phantom, new tablet.
2016-5-13
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

Good News!  I experienced this issue a few days ago.

It was my iphone 5.  

I then used an iphone 6 plus (A8 processor) and I repeated the same flight, locations, and the video transmission issue is not there any more.

I am not sure if everyone has the same issue as me, but my video was due to iphone 5.
2016-5-16
Use props
simonmd
lvl.1

Colombia

Same issue, but using a new 9.7 inch iPad Pro, which in theory should blow all other tablets away in terms of video processing power. The problem however does not show up when I use my iPhone 6s.
Weird.
2016-5-25
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

Dji can you PLEASE give us a link so we can down grade to 3.0.1 ive done it once and everything went back to normal and i had 5 great flights ......my son came home from work and without telling me upgraded to 3.0.2 and now ive got all the problems again as the guys above.........problem now is the link i had to down grade to 3.0.1 has been removed
2016-11-10
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

if some one have old firmware for RC please Share best thing is good to downgrade rc firmware
2016-11-10
Use props
Cedric Pieterse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1225827 ft
Sweden

Jcostello Posted at 2016-11-10 12:51
Dji can you PLEASE give us a link so we can down grade to 3.0.1 ive done it once and everything went ...

Or better still, a link to 2.8.1
I have the original factory firmware on both the copter as well as the controller. My DJI Phantom 4 was extremele well behaved, and had crystal clear Live feed from over a kilometre away when I got it. I am using my iPad Mini 2 exclusively for this setup, I have no other apps besides Litchi installed. The problems seem to have creeped in with the latest DJI GO app version. I was stupid enough to leave my iPad on auto update. I want to go back to the older version of the Go app, so that I can use my copter again.
It is very frustrating to see a perfectly good copter being ruined by a simple thing as an app updata. DJI, PLEASE make older versions of the app availiable?
Pretty please with flowers around it.
2016-11-10
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

I try OLD Firmware and in RC and Drone nothing changed same issue but VIDEO is working perfect Via HDMI on My Googles ..
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules