P2 NV 2.4GHz controller question.
710 3 2016-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve
New

United States

My P2-Non Vision 2.4 GHz controller has been acting up. The camera tilt is either all the way up or down - nothing in the middle. (Yes, I calibrated). It flies just great, but the camera tilt is all or none.  Mine is the controller with the lever on the bottom.  If I buy a replacement 2.4 GHz controller with the tilt wheel on the side, will I run into problems?

Thanks
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Steve, I'd suggest you to calibrate the X1 Channel of the RC and select Basic mode in PT2.
2016-5-13
Use props
steve
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-13 06:18
Hello Steve, I'd suggest you to calibrate the X1 Channel of the RC and select Basic mode in PT2.

I said that I did calibrate. Basic mode? As opposed to NAZA mode? What does the IOC have to do with the camera tilt?  The P2 has been flying well for two years, but with no apparent reason the tilt channel has become hyper-sensitive.  

I never liked the lever control for tilt, so the question was, will I experience any problems switching to the newer 2.4 GHz controller with the control wheel?

Do I recall that someone used the Futaba controller on their P2?

------

Update. Still not working, but the firmware version in my remote does not have the "Transmitter Version" - "Upgrade - Basic", thus my confusion above.

---------

Update - Problem fixed. (Question not answered, but my immediate problem is fixed).
Thanks to the manual (no PC) calibration outlined in another thread by Gerry1124.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

steve@mmdv.com Posted at 2016-5-13 19:18
I said that I did calibrate. Basic mode? As opposed to NAZA mode? What does the IOC have to do with ...

If you decide to purchase the NDJ6 with the tilt wheel, you would need to perform another X1 calibration, but with the Transmitter Version selected as "Upgrade" as opposed to "Basic".

If you want to make one more attempt at getting your current RC working, try to do the X1 calibration in the RC Assistant Software instead of the Phantom 2 Assistant. This will ensure that the calibration has been done on both the RC itself (RC Assistant) and the receiver (P2 Assistant). For the best results, move the lever back and forth slowly to register slow movements, then pick up the pace. When you finish the calibration, power cycle the remote.

Let me know if this helps or if you need any additional clarification.
2016-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules