Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The feature I want most (Firmware)
794 6 2016-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyMatix
lvl.1

South Africa

Just thought I'd put this out there:

The feature I'd like to see most in a new firmware update would be the ability to pan the camera during a timelapse. Equipment that does that sort of thing is generally fairly expensive (I own a Syrp Genie, which was $799! - and that doesn't allow for tilting).

If you could set the start point for the camera, then the end point (using the joystick?), then set the intervals, etc. as normal, it would turn the Osmo into a powerhouse for timelapse shots.

C'mon DJI - just a bit of coding
2016-5-13
Use props
jeffmoltenberry

United States

I agree, except that the Syrp Genie seems like the Rolls Royce of these devices. I've seen ones that should get the job done for $15 - $30 on Amazon. People use them GoPros and DSLRs.

What surprises me is that you find the Osmo to be a suitable time lapse device as it is currently. Personally, I've gone back to my DSLR because  I can get stable 1080p video.
2016-5-13
Use props
ben_m16
Captain
Flight distance : 3148192 ft
  • >>>
Spain

And another feature must be, put osmo sleeping by mobile app, not pushing the physical button. Like Gopro and the Gopro App, you can turn on or off the gopro by the app.
2016-5-13
Use props
ben_m16 Posted at 2016-5-13 21:55
And another feature must be, put osmo sleeping by mobile app, not pushing the physical button. Like  ...

Yeah, this is a must have!
2016-5-13
Use props
SkyMatix
lvl.1

South Africa

jeffmoltenberry Posted at 2016-5-13 14:48
I agree, except that the Syrp Genie seems like the Rolls Royce of these devices. I've seen ones that ...

To me it really is all about quick deployment at the moment. If I had the luxury of time, I'd happily shoot on the DSLR and the Genie. But sometimes I just need a 'quick and dirty' timelapse (I mostly do web videos at the moment. But yeah, I agree the DSLR is significantly better. Unfortunately it also takes a body out of my setup for quite some time...
2016-5-13
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23665 ft
United States

ben_m16 Posted at 2016-5-13 09:55
And another feature must be, put osmo sleeping by mobile app, not pushing the physical button. Like  ...

Ben_m16!  You can put the OSMO to sleep by mobile app.  just swipe left on the screen and you can power off or enter sleep mode right there.  I do it all the time!
2016-5-13
Use props
tedrosenberger Posted at 2016-5-14 04:47
Ben_m16!  You can put the OSMO to sleep by mobile app.  just swipe left on the screen and you can  ...

Thanks, I found it!
2016-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules