916 3 2016-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23665 ft
United States

A few questions for DJI and others:
1. Is balancing just as critical on the Osmo on the ground as the Inspire flying it in the air?    Wondering if overloading the gimbal motors is less of a problem on the ground when you don't have the wind resistance on the gimbal?

2. What are DJI's recommended ways to balance the 12mm Olympus lens on the X5R for Osmo use?

3. I notice that the X5R has different dimensions than the X5.  The X5R has no memory card slot on the gimbal.   Are there any differences in balancing requirements between the two models?

4. If you are operating the gimbal in OSMO flashlight mode, are there different balancing strategies?

Thanks,

Ted
2016-5-13
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I just got my Osmo and X5 adapter late last week.  I had a chance to use it and found that I couldn't get the Flashlight mode to hold for more than a minute if even that long using my X5/15mm Panasonic lens balanced with lens hood, filter and a slight counter balance at the on the side of the gimble.  I'll keep experimenting, any word from others.
2016-5-19
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23665 ft
United States

davidbsamuels Posted at 2016-5-19 15:51
I just got my Osmo and X5 adapter late last week.  I had a chance to use it and found that I couldn' ...

My X5R works in flashlight mode just fine.
2016-5-20
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

tedrosenberger Posted at 2016-5-20 13:45
My X5R works in flashlight mode just fine.

Thanks, I'll start investigating.  Seems like between the grinding noise and the flashlight mode something is wrong with mine, UHG
2016-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules