Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repeater RE500 powers on when turned off!
985 7 2016-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pcm2a

United States

I haven't used my P2V for a month or so. I plugged up the wireless repeater knowing it would be dead. I charged it for a few hours and noticed that once unplugged it stays on even with turned off. What is also weird is when I flip the switch to off the lights go off, sometimes for a few minutes and then boom it is back on. What types of things should I look at to fix this or is my only option (besides buying another) to charge it every time right before use?
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It looks like a battery issue. I'd suggest you to contact our service center in North America for diagnosis. 捕获.JPG
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-14 14:28
It looks like a battery issue. I'd suggest you to contact our service center in North America for di ...

You are saying that the battery controls when the repeater powers on and off and the switch has nothing to do with it? That seems really weird.  I would assume some kind of switch or circuit board problem.

How much does a diagnosis cost? Keep in mind that a replacement RE500 or RE700 is only $50 at most.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

pcm2a Posted at 2016-5-14 14:38
You are saying that the battery controls when the repeater powers on and off and the switch has no ...

You'll get the price list via email after we finished checking the RC.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-14 14:45
You'll get the price list via email after we finished checking the RC.

Sounds more expensive than a $50 replacement? Especially when the prices are secretive... Maybe I'm missing something. I picked up some tiny allen wrenches and I'll open it up today and see what's in there.
Update: Opened it up and everything looks to be intact. It is pretty wild flipping the switch off and it going off for a random amount of time then powering on, with everything perfectly still to rule out "jiggling". I was pleased to see that there is a good amount of slack in the battery wires. I'm thinking the solution is to buy a little switch that will break the connection on the negative battery wire. That would let me easily cut the power, regardless of what this little guy wants.
2016-5-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

pcm2a Posted at 2016-5-14 07:56
Sounds more expensive than a $50 replacement? Especially when the prices are secretive... Maybe I'm ...

Exactly my thoughts on the switch,
You could buy a used RC with the RE for  $50.00 on flea bay and you should be good to go...

Battery?....wth are they thinking?
2016-5-15
Use props
pcm2a

United States

I spliced into the battery cable and put a plug that I can plug and plug, so now it powers off. I have added a larger antenna since I was in there anyways.
2016-5-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

pcm2a Posted at 2016-5-20 15:05
I spliced into the battery cable and put a plug that I can plug and plug, so now it powers off. I ha ...

Good plan, thanks for the update...a lot more logical than the b.s. solution presented by dji
2016-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules