Not Enough Power To Return Home
2039 12 2015-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drone
lvl.4

United States

I get this message no matter where my drone is. It can be 10 feet in front of me or 200 yards away. Dies this option. Work for anyone else.
2015-1-18
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi Drone, some questions:

What model are you flying?

Are you running with all the latest updates, particularly the one that has removed the manual reserve setting for the battery. It is now an automatic variable depending on height/distance.

are you in NAZA m or phantom mode?

How is RTH triggering ?  manually with s1 pos 3, or switching off controller, or letting the auto return to home  when battery is low.

When this happens where is the yellow battery remaining line on the top scale of your app?  Maybe you could try again and have a look at this indicator- it might give a clue if it is wildly different from the indicator on the actual battery.
2015-1-18
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I had this message once while flying over the harbour, it was a buttock clenching moment, but I dived for the shore and made it back ok.
The only thing I had done different to all my other uneventful flights was to enable the mobile home point, so that feature got switched off real quick and it has been fine since. The other thing was it was very cold that day, well just below freezing anyway.
Oh and I have a V+ in NAZA.
2015-1-18
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2015-1-19 06:54
Hi Drone, some questions:

What model are you flying?

It's a P2V+ (v3).
All software is the latest.
I'm in S1 is in GPS mode
Return to home isn't triggered I get to message sometimes when the battery at 40%.  Sometmes it may be only 10 feet from me at 40% and it display the message. It a pretty regular occurrence.
2015-1-18
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-1-19 08:36
I had this message once while flying over the harbour, it was a buttock clenching moment, but I dive ...

I also had Dynamic Home on. I'll have to turn that off and see if the message goes away.
2015-1-18
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

drone@jatobserv Posted at 2015-1-19 09:43
I also had Dynamic Home on. I'll have to turn that off and see if the message goes away.

ah! I assumed it was actually coming back. Let us know how you get on with John's suggestion.  Best of luck.
2015-1-18
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

I got the message all the time with dynamic home point turned.   Turned it off and I haven't  seen it since.  
2015-1-18
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did the red LEDS under the legs flash before it triggered?  if so, for how long did they flash?
2015-1-19
Use props
tabletmartinsbr
lvl.1

Portugal

I have a question... not a solution, sorry

Question;
Is your Distance Telemetry on the APP showing a correct Distance or the APP says that the Phantom is much further away that it really is?

2015-1-19
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

The tlm showed the correct distance within a 10 meters or so.
2015-1-20
Use props
j.m.nunes10
New

United Kingdom

Hi,
Are there any updates for not enough power to return home?

Turning off dynamic home point is not an option for us.
Thanks,
Jose
2015-5-30
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

How old is your battery and how many cycles has it been through. A bad battery can drop from 65% down to 8% in a madder of seconds and the plane will start auto landing. Not making it home.
2015-5-31
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

ive had this message occasionally on my Vision, i think at the time i was giving it full throttle and the quad sensed the battery level was lower than it was and threw up the warning, once i let it idle in the air it stopped doing it.
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules