Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poor Video Feedback Quality
925 7 2016-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Osmo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

Just got my Phantom 4 and read the manual everything. I have an aging Samsung tablet model GT-N8010, DJI-Go installed without problem but the video feedback quality during flight was very poor. The HD feedback appears to be at full strength on DJI-Go but the vedeo quality is bad. There is a time delay on the video, and this is with my craft only a few feet away! I have not flown the craft more than 10 feet away yet because I fear I may not be able to see any video feedback!

Now question is, could the delay be down to my aging Samsung? I am not sure because the Samsung has a quad-core CPU and 2 GB of ram! What do you guys use for the DJI-Go app? Do I need to buy a new tablet?

Thanks in advance.

John

2016-5-14
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Glad to say, problem resolved. It's the aging Samsung. I'll have to throw it away. I plugged my cheap Sony Xperia into the controller and it was fine.

Thanks.

John
2016-5-14
Use props
jwt873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I've also got an old Samsung GT-N8010.   I no longer use it, but I dug it out from one of my drawers to see how it would work.   Same thing..  Very choppy and delayed video.   Oh well.  It was pretty good in its day
2016-5-14
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-5-15 00:44
I've also got an old Samsung GT-N8010.   I no longer use it, but I dug it out from one of my drawers ...

Yeah. Just ordered the NVidia Shield K1. It's kick ass time!
2016-5-15
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

John Osmo Posted at 2016-5-15 11:32

That's awesome, that's a high power device. High RAM, high processing power. I was deciding between the NVidia Shield K1 and the Nexus 7, i went with the Nexus 7 solely due to the price and also I didn't really like the thickness of the K1, it's pretty thick compared to other tablets (due to it being a gaming tablet). Excellent choice though, you should have pretty much zero lag with it.
2016-5-15
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 829908 ft
United States

John Osmo Posted at 2016-5-15 11:32

Let me know how it works out for you. I returned mine yesterday. I was getting these horrible pink and green lines across the screen. The only app i downloaded was the GO app. I tried it with and without the debugging. I was very disappointed especially with all the great reviews. I used my kids mini 2 and no problems what so ever.
2016-5-16
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-5-16 14:48
Let me know how it works out for you. I returned mine yesterday. I was getting these horrible pink ...

@juliovincentyjr
That's worrying. The dispatch of my pre-order was delayed till 31May and in view of what you've said, Im tempted to cancel my order and go for the Nexus 7.

@FatedFilmsNC
What's the Nexus 7 like? Does it work for you?

Cheers

John
2016-5-17
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 829908 ft

John Osmo Posted at 2016-5-18 07:00
@juliovincentyjr
That's worrying. The dispatch of my pre-order was delayed till 31May and in view  ...

I chatted with someone yesterday on the phantom pilots forum and he said he is not having any issues with his K1. I am really not sure why I was/am having distortion on the Android platform. I used the K1 and my note 4 with all kinds of distortion. Then switched over the apple and not 1 glitch.

Someone did mention it may be the Android app, and if thats the case then I would think it would be everyone and not just me.

If you can return it I would try it out to see if you have better luck. I am so bummed because of the great reviews from the inspire guys.

When it did not glitch and the sun was not hitting the screen the picture was superb.

If you do keep it you definitely need a sunshade and maybe a anti glare screen protector. Good luck and keep us posted. The more info we can gather together the better.

Fyi. I upated it to Marshmallow and the 6.0.1 release did fix the compass/radar issues on the K1. I tried it before  I returned it. I do hope someone can figure something out because I would like to get another one if this can be figured out.  
2016-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules