4303 28 2016-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aydin Buyuktas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4301 ft
Turkey

Hello all,
I know there is not supported lens but I need wider lens than 12mm for x5.
Have you ever try any wider lens than 12mm?

Thanks.

2016-5-14
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Pretty much any suitable lens below 12mm falls into fisheye category, which is the GoPro way of imagery every serious photographer is trying to avoid ... Probably the only option is Panasonic Lumix 8mm lens, although you may have to experiment with balancing.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... sheye_8mm_F3_5.html
2016-5-15
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Not sure how good of a lens : http://www.amazon.com/Samyang-SY ... on+micro+4%2F3+lens
may have to counter balance, and its all manual...so there is that. EDIT: this is fish eye... poo.

Not sure how this one would work as well: http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/ ... f4-0-5-6-black.html

I will be testing with something at some point as I need wider then 12mm for the work I do.
2016-5-15
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I haven't used it, but here is a Lumix 7-14mm zoom. 114 degree FOV @ 7mm. Looks pretty big......
http://shop.panasonic.com/camera ... amp;cgid=wide-angle
Pricey...  perhaps rent one to try it out?
2016-5-15
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-5-15 23:16
I haven't used it, but here is a Lumix 7-14mm zoom. 114 degree FOV @ 7mm. Looks pretty big......
htt ...

That one would take a good amount of counter weight. the 12mm olympus lens weighs 4.6 oz, this Panasonic weighs 10.58. Not to say It cant be done, but you are then adding a considerable amount of weight on the back end of the gimbal to keep balance. On both axis actually... lots of stress.

Thats why im looking at the olympus 9-18mm.. comes in at 5.44 oz. if it needed any counter weight, would not need much. Its not as wide as I would like, but not a whole lot of options out there.
2016-5-15
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

look at the pics as examples of really loading the X5 gimbal, I would say when you make enough money that you can risk the gimbal getting damaged for a specific shot, GO FOR IT! Otherwise, try to stay as close as you can without needing to add extra weight to the sensor side of the gimbal to keep it balanced.
balance 2.JPG
balance.JPG
2016-5-15
Use props
Aydin Buyuktas
lvl.2
Turkey

I need about 9-10 mm. so I am going try also Olympus 9-18mm.
2016-5-15
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Aydin Buyuktas Posted at 2016-5-16 01:33
I need about 9-10 mm. so I am going try also Olympus 9-18mm.

There is one issue with that lens, it does not operate in the compact form you always see it in... it has to be "extended" when in use. that will increase the weight balance towards the lens as you are bringing the weight away from the gimbal, possibly increasing the need to counter weight on the sensor side. Not to say I will not give it a try as well, just keep that in mind.
2016-5-15
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-5-15 12:26
look at the pics as examples of really loading the X5 gimbal, I would say when you make enough money ...

You using this rig for video or stills? I'm assuming the is the "unsupported" 14-42. I'm really interested in it, but the fact that it's "unsupported" makes me concerned.
2016-5-15
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Morrisson Posted at 2016-5-16 04:21
You using this rig for video or stills? I'm assuming the is the "unsupported" 14-42. I'm really in ...

video only for me. I cant speak for DJI, but the way I see it... If you require more then a "balance ring" or lens hood to make a lens balance properly, the lens will be "unsupported" Does not mean it will not work tho.
2016-5-15
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-5-15 18:39
video only for me. I cant speak for DJI, but the way I see it... If you require more then a "balan ...

That's great to hear. In regards to sharpness, are you happy with the 14-42? I was thinking of going primes only due to the sharpness, but per the looks of the name of the show on your rig, you're shooting some nice stuff!
2016-5-15
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Morrisson Posted at 2016-5-15 19:58
That's great to hear. In regards to sharpness, are you happy with the 14-42? I was thinking of goi ...

Those pics are not of my setup, sorry I was not clear on that. that lens in the pictures are of the panasonic 35-100 (70-200mm) those pics are from CineDrones. They teased that setup a while ago while working on a "top secret" project. Ended up being footage for "fear the walking dead" I put the pics up because I figured it was a good example of what can be done. Im sure prolonged use of that setup will shorten the lifespan of the gimbal, or hinder overall stability over time.
As for me, I have to re-order my X5R again, once I get my money back from CineDrone.
2016-5-15
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-5-15 20:25
Those pics are not of my setup, sorry I was not clear on that. that lens in the pictures are of the ...

Nice. Thanks for clarifying. I'm just so curious about all the different lens types and there's not a whole lot of documentation out there...
2016-5-15
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2016-5-16 09:03
Nice. Thanks for clarifying. I'm just so curious about all the different lens types and there's no ...

Other than thoroughly tested and approved Panasonic/Olympus range of fixed lenses - starting from 8mm up to 45mm - any variable length lens will exhibit movable center of gravity. Said that, the X5 gimbal can handle surprising amount of off-balance (mine at least), particularly after numerous FW updates. However, it's always within experimenting category for brave ones ...
2016-5-15
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-5-16 01:36
Other than thoroughly tested and approved Panasonic/Olympus range of fixed lenses - starting from  ...

Hey! Thanks. Yes, the thing I do the most of is video and I noticed that the 45mm (the one I'm most interested in for longer lens shots) is "not supported". Again, I've seen a lot of GREAT shots done with it so I'm assuming it will take a bit of trial and error to get the balance right, but that it is in fact possible! What lenses are you shooting with?
2016-5-16
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Morrisson Posted at 2016-5-16 21:41
Hey! Thanks. Yes, the thing I do the most of is video and I noticed that the 45mm (the one I'm mos ...

I'm under impression that most Inspire 1 Pro systems can handle longer lenses like venerable Oly 45 perfectly fine, while some may exhibit issues, yello effect being the most notorious. It translates to overall stability of the gimbal and suspension, related to a drone frame vibrations. I'm lucky enough to have fine tuned bird and my videos with 45mm glass are flawless. It is perfectly balanced with 37mm Variable ND filter (Promaster's). Needless to say, my another favourite - Oly 12mm - does equally well, with no balancing rings whatsoever and with Polar Pro set of filters. I'm recently experimenting with Panasonic Lumix 8mm Fisheye, but that's on "funny things" side of my aerial photography.
2016-5-16
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-5-16 15:37
I'm under impression that most Inspire 1 Pro systems can handle longer lenses like venerable Oly 4 ...

Wow! That's great news. Do you do mostly video or photo work? Do you have a site up with some of your work? I'd love to see some shots with the 8mm! That sounds like it would be pretty wild.

2016-5-16
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2016-5-17 05:16
Wow! That's great news. Do you do mostly video or photo work? Do you have a site up with some of y ...

Morrison, thank you for your attention. As for my photo and videography with Inspire 1 Pro ... Relatively new territory I'm trying to explore, getting ready for extended summer expedition into remote areas of Canadian Rocky Mountains. On my houseboat, to be more precise. There I'm planning to do some photography of spectacular places I know very well, but seen from much different angles. As for now ... I'm a shy dude, not really much into public exhibition of my work ... but ... after this season ... who knows. I'm expecting a lot, judging only by test shots with X5 and my small collection of lenses. BTW, Panasonic Fisheye is indeed on the wild side of aerial photography ... If you want to convince anybody that the Earth is round, that's the way to go!LOL. Anyway, it's a nice piece of glass, sharp and well defined. Right now I'm trying to solve ND filtering issue since the only option is to insert gel filters on back of the lens ...

Stay tuned, bro.
most kolejowy.jpg
2016-5-16
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-5-16 21:49
Morrison, thank you for your attention. As for my photo and videography with Inspire 1 Pro ... Rela ...

hey Dobmatt , have a question if you would know. what distance can the slave remote be from master to get video on the slave remote still .
Lets say I'm on the master flying over a distance. And my Son is on the slave remote with monitor taking pics shooting video do you know the distance you can be from the master to still see the aircraft from the slave?
thanks for checking it out or if you having any ideas on this cant find any links to this question
2016-5-18
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>

str1776 Posted at 2016-5-19 14:10
hey Dobmatt , have a question if you would know. what distance can the slave remote be from master ...

Ooops, nope my friend. I have no experience whatsoever with double RC operation ...
2016-5-18
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-5-18 23:21
Ooops, nope my friend. I have no experience whatsoever with double RC operation ...

hey no worries I will open a new topic....
Donnie probably knows I hate to keep bugging him he knows his stuff. Thank you anyway
2016-5-18
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-5-16 21:49
Morrison, thank you for your attention. As for my photo and videography with Inspire 1 Pro ... Rela ...

dobmatt,

I truly hope you don't mind or take it as anything but a compliment but your pic was so nice I had to put a few touches on it to bring it to perfection. Again, only meant as a compliment.

2016-5-18
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-5-19 15:39
dobmatt,

I truly hope you don't mind or take it as anything but a compliment but your pic was so  ...

Hey, where's the flight #675 (condensation tail on the sky)?!! ... Days like that are so rare, perhaps once in a lifetime ... Mid September on Kootenay Lake.

Cheers, bro.
2016-5-20
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-5-17 00:49

Wow. Incredible! Do you live on a houseboat all the time!? That's GREAT!!!! You should definitely feel free to come out of any shell you feel you might have. I'd love to see more of your work. And besides, what's the worst that can happen? Someone says something mean...? They're just words! I try not to let negative people and the things they say get in my way. Anyway, I'd love to see any shots with the fisheye you're talking about.
2016-5-24
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2016-5-25 06:01
Wow. Incredible! Do you live on a houseboat all the time!? That's GREAT!!!! You should definitely  ...

No, I don't live on a houseboat full time, only 6-8 weeks every summer on mountain lakes in British Columbia, and tow the boat back to a home port in Edmonton AB after the season.
As for Panasonic Fisheye lens ... I borrowed this lens from local photo shop for testing with my I1P, but it didn't pass my expectations. It's definitely a nice piece of glass with quality and properties suited best perhaps for scuba diving, but with aerial photography I don't see much to be amazed, beside occasional special effects. And it's expensive. I do owe equally nice Nikon lens for my DSLR camera, and - after initial joy of making some weird looking pictures - it sits in my cabinet collecting dust ... You can see some samples here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... sheye_8mm_F3_5.html
2016-5-24
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-5-25 02:07
No, I don't live on a houseboat full time, only 6-8 weeks every summer on mountain lakes in Britis ...

Hey! Wow. What a great getaway.

That makes sense on that lens being specialty! Seems like it would be CRAZY wide.
2016-5-25
Use props
Aydin Buyuktas
lvl.2
Turkey

gybo102 Posted at 2016-5-15 19:26
look at the pics as examples of really loading the X5 gimbal, I would say when you make enough money ...

I just try Olympus 9-18mm. My x5 looks similar to your shared phots. After putting counter weight it worked. But, After new leens and weights inspire flight time fall to 11-12 minute with TB48. Which is not enough for me to take photos in one flight. I need not less than 14-16 minute every flight for creating my project. Also while flying it statred to give "propulsion output limit. Aircraft motility has been lowered." warning.  After that message i feel that climbing speed getting slower. With the slower speed i need to flight longer than 14-16 minute.
I decided to pull some weights to try how much x5 gimbal can handle unbalanced weights.  After throwing 1/3 of weights gimball started work not right and give some error mesages.
Anyway i am going buy phantom 4 for 20mm lens. I had good result with phantom 3pro and just want to improve my result with inspire pro but it didnt work.
2016-5-28
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Aydin Buyuktas Posted at 2016-5-28 04:56
I just try Olympus 9-18mm. My x5 looks similar to your shared phots. After putting counter weight  ...

Thanks for the Test results, Sad to hear they were not positive. Why not just buy the X3 camera?.... cheaper and would get you the flight time you need. Not to mention, you are still flying the inspire, so get all the perks (independent camera control, ect)
2016-5-28
Use props
Aydin Buyuktas
lvl.2
Turkey

gybo102 Posted at 2016-5-29 03:13
Thanks for the Test results, Sad to hear they were not positive. Why not just buy the X3 camera?.. ...

Thanks, I didnt thought that. has x3 better sensor than p4. If not. i will prefer p4 cause of flight time and price.I only use them for photo so 2 axis is enough for me
2016-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules