New shoes for my bird.
2959 36 2016-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The bird got some new shoes today, I use them for when I'm doing handheld shoots, when I want to rest my arms and put her down.
2016-5-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I was thinking these are perfect snowshoes, or while swimming  & when kayaking... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-5-14
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-5-15 00:16
I was thinking these are perfect snowshoes, or while swimming  & when kayaking... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Fits a treat, I just needed a sharp knife to slit them open, I bought a one meter length for £7.62, 6mm inward diameter. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191864 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2016-5-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I have a very similar idea with some blue closed cell foam. ;-)
Ah, just have to half it, and slit open the channels for the landing skids to be inserted.

Hopefully it will be enough buoyancy, to float the drone, if need be, as well...

RedHotPoker

2016-5-14
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Malvern, good idea.  Maybe add a zip-tie or two to each side...may fall off during flight without it???
2016-5-15
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

really cool and great idea malvern, I think i'm about to copy you on this one
2016-5-15
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ProQuad Posted at 2016-5-15 13:25
Malvern, good idea.  Maybe add a zip-tie or two to each side...may fall off during flight without it ...

Not for wearing in flight, but I suppose you could do so,  they won't fall offl, even if it fell into a tree I'm sure they would stay on. But I'm guessing it will increase the profile in they sky and make it a little bit less efficient.
2016-5-15
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

I think flying with these on will give it the wobbles.
2016-5-15
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

I just want to know why the hells you would need anything as such...makes no sense to me...
2016-5-15
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Cale262@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-15 17:58
I just want to know why the hells you would need anything as such...makes no sense to me...

It's a drone so it's over your head!
2016-5-15
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cale262@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-16 01:58

Try reading the whole thread before making yourself look an idiot.
2016-5-16
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

malvern Posted at 2016-5-16 11:27

I've read the whole thread and I still have no idea why you'd want this.
Ah well.
2016-5-16
Use props
treeboyy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

alpinekiwi Posted at 2016-5-16 07:26
I've read the whole thread and I still have no idea why you'd want this.
Ah well.

"TO SET IT DOWN WHILE DOING HAND HELD SHOTS."
2016-5-16
Use props
gioffa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 260381 ft
Italy

Good idea, but don't use to fly
2016-5-16
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I will recap, I do not intend to use the shoes in flight, the profile of the drone would be increased, thus making it a little less efficient.

I only use them for carriage in a D1 back pack, and also to wear when I am doing handheld shoots, when my arm is aching and I need to put the bird down.

DO NOT USE IN FLIGHT.

^For those with bad eye sight.
2016-5-16
Use props
Khan
lvl.1

Canada

I'm a little confused as well and I have 20/20 eyesight lol. Handheld shots with the P4? Your arms get tired so you put it down. Maybe I'm dumb but aren't you supposed to let the P4 fly and take pictures/video. And what's wrong with setting it down on its landing gear it came with....
2016-5-16
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Khan Posted at 2016-5-16 19:39
I'm a little confused as well and I have 20/20 eyesight lol. Handheld shots with the P4? Your arms g ...

Some video shots are better achieved with P4 in hand, you might be in a woodland or forest where you can't fly it safely, or you may want some indoor or garden footage, or maybe some footage with the P4 in or on your car as you drive along, footage at head height, footage at ankle height, in fact their are plenty of scenarios where handheld video is useful..

If all your video footage is shot from a drone high up, it gets boring very quickly.
2016-5-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You might need to search for better landscapes if you find your camera drones awesome aerial vantage points boring.
I find nearly everywhere I fly to be awesome, even if it's only around the immediate neighborhood where I currently live.

This may seem odd, but for taking pictures or video of anything much lower down to earth, I will use my Nikon D800,
But I have also gotten some pretty cool videos and random pics too, from my two iPads cameras.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

malvern Posted at 2016-5-16 11:07
I will recap, I do not intend to use the shoes in flight, the profile of the drone would be increase ...

If I build these foam floats as extra parts for my drone, they will be used primarily to fly over water. So I will be flying slow and steady anyway, and not going for long distances. Battery drain shouldn't be a concern or issue for me.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-16
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

malvern Posted at 2016-5-16 03:27

I read the whole thread and I still don't get it but if you feel like calling me an idiot thats your prerogative but it only makes you look like the idiot ;)

Speaking of looking like an idiot, this device is for ariel photography, why the hells would you want to use it for ground shots...I'll just stick to my Osmo or other DSLR's. But even so I don't get the foam, but if you need it all the power to you.
2016-5-16
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

Hey look, I put my P4 down without the foam... I must be an idiot...

2016-5-16
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cale262@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-17 03:50

Without a doubt !
2016-5-17
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

Omg you are all so kind to each other )))
2016-5-17
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

I get the hand holding part, there are times, like you say, when you can use the bird's gimble to achieve smooth 4K footage you couldn't get from an iPhone.

So this is just to protect the landing gear when you put it on the ground while hand-holding?

Right on.

Copyright that quick.
2016-5-20
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

alpinekiwi Posted at 2016-5-21 07:11
I get the hand holding part, there are times, like you say, when you can use the bird's gimble to ac ...

I also have two more foam lengths that I put on the back of vertical landing legs, makes it easier to hold in your hands.
2016-5-21
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Cale262@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-16 22:26
I read the whole thread and I still don't get it but if you feel like calling me an idiot thats you ...

I understand the concept, some of us can't afford an Osmo AND a P4, so we do what we can I've never thought of using the P4 for hand shots though...
2016-5-21
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Cale262@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-16 22:50

Cale262 do you have the Lightbridge RC that DJI sells in their store? or is the coloring weird in the pic?
2016-5-21
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-21 08:04
Cale262 do you have the Lightbridge RC that DJI sells in their store? or is the coloring weird in  ...

The RC in the picture is an Inspire RC, it has a front metal casing and is quite a bit different that the Phantom type RC's... If you have the opportunity to purchase a used one or the funds to pick a new one up you'll find they work better than the Stock Phantom RC's. I have a few extra's and this one is going under the knife to build an "Extreme Phantom RC" for use in areas where there is extreme radio interference or when I want to push it out farther while covering sporting (cycling) events.

2016-5-21
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-21 15:03
I understand the concept, some of us can't afford an Osmo AND a P4, so we do what we can I've ne ...

If you add some wheels of some kind, like skateboard, roller blades, even a car, you can get some good dolly  footage.

2016-5-21
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-21 08:03
I understand the concept, some of us can't afford an Osmo AND a P4, so we do what we can I've ne ...

I completely understand this, I don't have the funds to buy the 60 thousand dollar camera I would like to have slung under my octocopter either but I still don't see how the foam is neccesary to carry this by hand as such, doesn't make any sense to me but each to their own.
2016-5-21
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

malvern Posted at 2016-5-21 11:56
If you add some wheels of some kind, like skateboard, roller blades, even a car, you can get some  ...

So many projects on the go but I'm doing exactly that...I have a bunch of RC cars, I haven't decided which but one is going under the knife and becoming an Osmo camera platform! I have a roller dolly but it can't compete with an RC dolly.

Based on this model...
2016-5-21
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The foam is not necessary for anything, but it helps achieve a number of things, for one, when I put the p4 on a skateboard for a dolly shot, it stops it moving around and gives the camera an extra inch clearance above the skateboard deck, it also acts like a damper to a small degree.
Nice RC motor btw.
2016-5-21
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

I ordered some shoes for mine as well malvern. All I could find was a very limited selection size wise, and I could only find black. I'll post a pic if it works though
2016-5-23
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

malvern Posted at 2016-5-21 13:56
If you add some wheels of some kind, like skateboard, roller blades, even a car, you can get some  ...

Are these your videos? Can you confirm that that was shot holding the P4?
2016-5-23
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-23 12:21
Are these your videos? Can you confirm that that was shot holding the P4?

The second video is a P4 handheld shot, the first video is just an example of what footage looks like using a gimbal on a skateboard, should be able to get some good footage from the P4 on a skateboard.....with the shoes on. Look forward to seeing your daps.
2016-5-23
Use props
fans481831f8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2122077 ft
United States

My arms used to get tired too.  
All that flapping.
Then I learned the thing will fly . . .  
2018-1-25
Use props
CraigBarlow
lvl.1

Pakistan

Ezpeezy Deals is my new favorite app. I am always looking for new deals and this app has already saved me tons of money. I don't know how they find all these great offers but they are the best out there. https://ezpeezydeals.com/product-category/footwear/
2022-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules