Loose lens cover
675 6 2016-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sixsigmalarry
New

United States

So I flew my Phantom 4 a couple times and noticed that the lens cover on the camera was loose. Is it normal for these to come loose on their own? I find myself checking the cover after each flight. Is this me being paranoid or does anyone else do this?

Thanks!
2016-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Are you talking about the lens cover (because it should be removed before flying), or the front filter element?
2016-5-14
Use props
Sixsigmalarry
New

United States

I'm sorry. The front filter element.
2016-5-15
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Sixsigmalarry@y Posted at 2016-5-15 08:23
I'm sorry. The front filter element.

yeah that should be tight and stay tight.     don't over tighten it because you may want to put filters on at some point.   use 3 fingers to tighten it and don't grip it too hard.   you can place a little piece of scotch tape where the cover and the body meet,   this will keep it from backing off as well
2016-5-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I noticed that my UV filter was loose on my fairly new P4, I wonder if they are shipping them not quite so tight as many had problems removing them to swap out filters.
2016-5-15
Use props
Sixsigmalarry
New

United States

Thanks!
Also noticed that some dirt/debris got in there.
So how do you all clean your camera lenses? Microfiber cloth? Cleaning solution? Thinking of using one of those PC dust cans to clean it out, but not sure if it's safe.
2016-5-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sixsigmalarry@y Posted at 2016-5-16 09:32
Thanks!
Also noticed that some dirt/debris got in there.
So how do you all clean your camera lenses ...

Compressed air is best, in fact anything that avoids touching the lens. Sometimes a nice soft sable hair paintbrush is a good tool.
2016-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules