4271 24 2016-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

So tired of ronin drama
I've owned the ronin for a year used it twice, had issue with roll and drift so been waiting for new updates..
ran latest updates from PC
well ronin is running solid, I lost all control from thunb control - rebinded and nothing ( 10 more trys to default/reset nothing)
then I updated working remote - red light will no longer turn on..was working 30 sec before update
so now I have lost many hours and killed my upcoming shoot plans.

Anyone know how to reset the dang remote??

What's going on DJI?...was a working system outside of drift and roll now its unusable as I have no way to control any aspect,

love some ideas on reseting remote..tried 3 sets of batteries..wont even turn on!!

ronin turns on is holding nice...also all test modes work fine
thumb control binds - does not work at all
remote dead to world ( when plugged into PC /usb says device not reconised and malfuntioned.)
ps. my batteries both said (not DJI intellegent) I bought direct and they are both DJI batteries.
so upgrade has killed my remote,batteries label and any ability to use ronin for production,
any ideas??
not so cheery
Darrin

2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Sorry for the trouble.
If it says the battery is Non-DJI Intelligent Battery, please check the connection of the battery, make sure that the battery is firmly plugged in.
What firmware did you upgrade to the Thumb Controller? Does the Thumb Controller grow solid red?
Before updating the firmware of the RC, can you charge it normally?

Wait for your further information.
Thanks.
2016-5-16
Use props
darrin
lvl.4

OK lets be crystal clear!!!
"If it says the battery is Non-DJI Intelligent Battery, please check the connection of the battery,"

It did not say that ever before until I ran the updates and 'both' batteries started to have that come up. ( others users as well just read the forum)  No matter how many times I clean or re seat the batteries. That message is locked in!! I've only had two discharges and everything is new, cause for a year now Ive been unable to use the ronin. Purchased as a pan an tilt for a jib arm but it never was able to hold position( drift issues please check my videos and posts from last year.) The new update fixed the drifting issue 'possibly' but damaged the two batteries the remote and the thumb controller keeping the Ronin unusable.

"What firmware did you upgrade to the Thumb Controller? Does the Thumb Controller grow solid red? "
The latest version as of yesterday..I don't know the number it say its 'up to date' in PC app..6 hours yesterday trying to get it working and rescue a shoot - failed - (since canceled shoot costing me reputation, deposits and the job)

the light is solid green and so is receiver I also reset it five times and updated everything five times (the ronin only moves with 'tests' from app and nothing else)

Before updating the firmware of the RC, can you charge it normally?
The RC uses batteries and I tried three different new sets, everything was working immediatlly prior to updates. The red light will not turn on since the update - you have four other posts about the same issue even one you kept telling the poor guy it can't happen..well it did to me as well!!

I want this dealt with ASAP and really hope you can see I've done exactly as your instructions stated and they broke the system bad!!
Please advice and please I'm a tech worker the generic blame game stuff will not cover the vast number of 'software glitches' that have been plagued the ronin since day one!

2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-5-17 00:58
OK lets be crystal clear!!!
"If it says the battery is Non-DJI Intelligent Battery, please check the ...

Thanks for your reply.
Could you please confirm with me if you've upgraded all modules to the latest firmware version and show them to us here?
So, before the problem of RC, you've tried to upgrade the firmware of the RC, right? That means that you could connected it to your PC and the Assistant Software before, correct?

Considering the history of your Ronin set, we would recommend returning it for further check and repair.
2016-5-17
Use props
darrin
lvl.4

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-17 18:54
Thanks for your reply.
Could you please confirm with me if you've upgraded all modules to the late ...

Everything has been updated defaulted and updated again in fact, took up most of my weekend outside of being sick by the stress of these issues! I will get you the photographic evedence that I'm not trying to decieve you later today, I'm packing for a trip ( that will not include the ronin due to these issues) and will be on location for a few days!

Everything was working prior to updates! The RC red light went out during the update or immediatly after
and never worked again. I connected and updates were run on everything including the RC that died.

The thumb remote is also non functional but turned on and binded with ronin and receiver green lights on all three. When I run tests from app the Ronin works as expected.

My history with the Ronin has been 100% software issues, rendering the unit unusable. Now the Ronin is semi fixed you want me to sent it in..when the simple answer would be lets send you a new remote ASAP so we can get you up and running for your shoot..we can work out the $100 once we receive your remote..
try that sometime and you will not have a forum filled with pissed off people. Same with thumb control issue

If you do actually read the forum you will see nearly a dozen people are having simular issues with this update and you have not replied with anything to help trouble shoot issues. Seems everytime you try and push these issue on us your customers, the people that invested a lot of money into your faulty gear!
I'm trapped and unhappy!
Plus I'm now past the one year warrentee point (even though never used) are you going to take care of me or just take my Ronin away for a bunch of weeks and then charge me a large fee for the convience, only to tell me to wait for next update like I did for last 6 months?
I would like that paticular question answered!
Darrin

2016-5-17
Use props
mateffyistvan
New
France

same issue here.
Is there any solution to this?
Can we get an answer DJI?
Instead of asking us million questions, go ahead and take an Ronin RC and update it, see whats up? And take fast action after to repair this mistake. This is not acceptable.
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-5-18 01:34
Everything has been updated defaulted and updated again in fact, took up most of my weekend outside ...

Hi Darrin,
Sorry for any trouble caused.
To understand your problems better, could you please send us a video of all the issues including the "Non-DJI Intelligent Battery", the Thumb Controller and your RC? Is your RC completely dead which means it can't charge itself?
The the new RC firmware of Ronin hasn't been released  recently, you don't have to upgrade it actually. May I know which firmware you were trying to upgrade?

We'll try to provide you with a reasonable solution.
Thanks for your cooperation.

2016-5-18
Use props
darrin
lvl.4

Try to deal with this all week I'm now leaving town I won't be back until sometime next Wednesday or Thursday
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-5-19 02:19
Try to deal with this all week I'm now leaving town I won't be back until sometime next Wednesday or ...

Thanks for your information.
We can wait for you.
Good luck.
2016-5-19
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-16 05:18
Hello!
Sorry for the trouble.
If it says the battery is Non-DJI Intelligent Battery, please check th ...

It is NOT the connection to the battery.  The battery connection is fine.  DJI Ronin Assistant 2.2 will not read the battery if the prior updates have not been done.  Go to Assistant 1.8 and then try from there.  1.8 will read the remote.  Also, if you have not done the updates in order, your Remote will fry if going straight to 2.2.  
2016-5-21
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought I share this since it took me about 4 hours with DJI support with no resolution.   Finally after checking out all possible solutions this worked to get the thumb controller going.

I would use the Ronin Assistant Software v1.8 and not 2.2

After trying my luck with the Ronin Software Assitant 2.2, I instead uploaded DMG v.1.8 directly to my computer.  

First however, I used 2.2 to update all firmware as well as both thumb controller and reciever.  2.2 actually broke my Regular ronin controller when applying the update..
So no idea why that happened but I would not try updgrading your remote.

After I did all of my updates in 2.2, I then uploaded the 1.8 DMG to my computer, kept both Assistants Open and Running,  I went to the "Updates"  on the 1.8 version and eventhough it said there were no updates to be had, I pushed "update" and my GCU almost instantly updated and fixed all of the thumb controller issues.
It is my thought that the Ronin Assistant 2.2 lacks an update for the GCU.  So if you haven't been keeping up with your updates like me, you will have absolutely NO way of getting
your thumb controller to work, as you MUST have the GCU updated past GCU 1.0.  You won't be able to get this update with Ronin Assistant Software 2.2 if you have not previsouly updated your Ronin.
SOOO, GO back and use Ronin Assistant 1.8 (I used the DMG NOT the ZIP) and this worked.

So depsite what Pro Support says, if your thumb controller does not work and your BAttery is not being read, GO BACK a Ronin Assistant Version or two and start your updates from there.

It worked for me, good luck.  IF you have any questions, please reply on the forum.

Lastly, I have no idea why the controllers died.  I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!
2016-5-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

SteadyWTF Posted at 2016-5-22 03:48
It is NOT the connection to the battery.  The battery connection is fine.  DJI Ronin Assistant 2.2 ...

Thanks for your feedback.
Hope our people who come across the same trouble would find it helpful.

Our engineers will look into the cause and we'll keep you informed in time.

Any other further information would be appreciated.
2016-5-23
Use props
darrin
lvl.4

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-23 18:15
Thanks for your feedback.
Hope our people who come across the same trouble would find it helpful.  ...

I've not had a chance to try thumb update yet..just back in town a couple days.

Your update clearly killed my remote please tell me and others what your plan is to resolve this issue?
Your update system does not say 'this may damage device'...its says to update 'all componites each time'!

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D364%26typeid%3D364

If we are beta testers for DJI then treat us as such and provide us support!
cheers
Darrin
2016-5-27
Use props
stefanoperlo
lvl.1

Italy

I'm a Ronin-m user, and this is the 3rd Ronin-m controller dead after updating! What I have to do? I can't keep sending back controllers. Never used once a single time.
All the controllers never binded with the ronin-m, so you said I need to update the controller and after the updates they die. They simply doesn't turn on. Please help.
2016-8-1
Use props
stefanoperlo
lvl.1

Italy

Me as well, this is the 3rd ronin-m remote controller dead. Any suggestions? In the meantime you solve the update issueI will send it back for repair/sostitution right away....again.
2016-8-1
Use props
stefanoperlo
lvl.1

Italy

So, the controllers for the ronin and the ronin-m are different items right? But if you plug them in to the computer and run the Gimball app, the app doesn't see the difference!!! And if you update the ronin controller instead of the ronin-m controller with the latest update suggested...it will die and never turn on again!!! Ok, now I understand what the problem was. The dji assistance always sent me the ronin remote controller instead of the ronin-m remote controller. So they didn't bind with the ronin-m and they died  because of the wrong update. Now tell me please how a super high tech brand like you, packed with the best brains in town can do this type of misleading choice. Mention of honor for the dji after sales service support because they can't even address problems but generate them sending wrong replacements. Some head have to fall I think. Thanks to the users for addressing the problems and helping me to find a solution.
2016-8-1
Use props
darrin
lvl.4

sorry sounds like headaches!! they completely replaced my controller. Great!! but should not have required a RMA of the RONIN...They've taken care of all my issues but the lack of clarity on updates and issues is mind boggling. We shouldn't be nervous about a large bill and downtime with each update..cheers Darrin
2016-8-1
Use props
cantan
New

Germany

Just updated my RC via the DJI Assistant Software for Windows 10. It is Now dead as well...
it obviously is the same thing that happen to all the users that tried to update to a version that was supposed to be for the Ronin-m.
This update was shown to me by the upgrade tab in the  and it clearly said : New Version available... which mislead me into thinking there was actually a new version of the firmware available. I didn't check in several forums beforehand if i could safely install this update, nor did i check if this is the latest update available for my RC. This is your %%% Job! If it shows me an available update and i proceed in doing so then it is not my fault if it is broken afterwards... i cannot believe that you still did'nt fix this huge mistake! It is now more than three moth since the last post. This is a huge letdown of your company and you have probably lost some customers over this! Anyway here is my question and please answer it without me having to give you any further information. It IS because of the update not because of any batteries or anything else of that matter: If i send you the RC will you replace it free of charge and send me back another despite i'm not in the guarantee anymore?
Tim Teichmann
2016-11-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

cantan Posted at 2016-11-24 01:24
Just updated my RC via the DJI Assistant Software for Windows 10. It is Now dead as well...
it obvio ...

Most repair centers have worked with customers with out of warranty products, but unfortunately I cannot make any guarantees. You best course of action of getting this addressed is to contact the Europe Support team directly at support.eu@dji.com to get this straightened out.
2016-11-25
Use props
fansdb4d310a
New

Philippines

i got a same issue too.. hope that my RC will be resurrected by online support been waiting there replies
2017-2-20
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
United States

sad this issue has not been dealt with leads to wasted time and lost income! Please DJI get it together and relabel/remove the firmware! I lost a job over the downtime and that was a year back!
2017-2-25
Use props
fansc07cfc11
New

United States

Got the same thing this morning, yesterday had some issues with Ronin, started update this morning, successfully updated the IMU, decided to update the remote, after the update it just died, no light no connection to the computer, no nothing, brand new batteries, original USB cable. Have talked to DJI service tech, their solution was to buy a new remote controller because "it looks like an update detected a problem with the controller and this is why RC went dead".This is the second product with the issue, I also own a lightbridge V1, and because of the risk of failure after updates, I can't connect it to the phone.(please read the forum about the same problem) Thank you, DJI for updates, now I have to postpone some of my projects. Frankly, I decided to get rid of DJI products and switch to other brands, some savings made buying DJI products doesn't worth the risk of having nothing after updates, and do not to be able to fix the problems.
2017-4-6
Use props
fans5f9aee1c
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi , I just updated firmware as it said I had to and my controller is dead after reboot !  This is just a nightmare !  Please help
2017-12-20
Use props
fans5f9aee1c
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The problem is the latest firmware update pushed on us by your software has broken our remotes !  Please please fix this !!
2017-12-20
Use props
fans5f9aee1c
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’ve just updated my phantom 3 advanced to the latest firmware and the remote is now dead !!!  
2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules