unknown firmware OSMO
1420 7 2016-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edisson_220
New

United States

I just bought a OSMO three days ago. i realized that the battery was dying so quick not even 30 min. so I read online that there was a new update that will make my battery last longer so i went to check my current firmware which says " UNKOWN FIRMWARE" i dont know why is this? how can i fix it.? I need to see if is just the firmware or is the battery that is screw up!
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Do you remember which firmware you upgraded to?
Is you unit "X3+Osmo handle"? What's our mobile device? What's the version of the DJI GO App?
Is there any other problem?

Please watch the tutorial about battery in this thread to check if your battery is ok.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-49858-1-1.html

Wait for your further information.
Thanks!
2016-5-15
Use props
meoowming02
New

New Zealand

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-16 11:21
Hello!
Do you remember which firmware you upgraded to?
Is you unit "X3+Osmo handle"? What's our mobi ...

Hi Adela, All  
For my case, I bought OSMO yesterday and tried updating the firmware to OSMO_FW_V01.06.02.10 ..phone used is IPhone6 (IOS 9.3.1).
Apparently i had the same issue as edisson - Firmware version was tagged as "unknown". After upgrade, it does not reflect the latest firmware version - just UNKNOWN. THis is unsual from the online tuitorials. Is the OSMO broken or what? Please advise.

Log is here:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.00.01.19.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:09 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.06.02.10.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

As for the battery usage it is noticeably fast.

Thanks and regards,
May
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

meoowming02 Posted at 2016-5-16 11:40
Hi Adela, All  
For my case, I bought OSMO yesterday and tried updating the firmware to OSMO_FW_V0 ...

Thanks for your information.
Our engineers will help to look into it.
Before any judgement, could you please confirm with me if there's any other abnormal appearance with your Osmo?
2016-5-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a wide spread issue that so far I have not resolved, it's affecting not just the osmo but quads also. It started with the latest firmware upgrades.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-16 20:03
This is a wide spread issue that so far I have not resolved, it's affecting not just the osmo but qu ...

Thanks for your feedback.
We'll check it seriously.

If there's any update, I'll keep you informed.
2016-5-16
Use props
meoowming02
New

New Zealand

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-16 18:08
Thanks for your information.
Our engineers will help to look into it.
Before any judgement, could  ...

Hi Adela,

Thanks for your response. The feedback was based on what we are seeing/experiencing in the OSMO unit itself.

Noticed that the OSMO suddenly disconnected (screen got black) from the dji-go app (happened twice). This was experienced while taking pictures/video. Take note that the phone was mounted on the OSMO (so technically we say that the phone and OSMO device is relatively near each other, connection is stable). Any thoughts on this why this had happened?

Another thing to highlight. one of your support suggested to perform downgrade to V01.04.01.80.
I performed the approach but it was NOT Successful. The latest (V01.6.2.10) current firmware I installed earlier does not support downgrade to V01.04.01.80. How we can proceed on this?

Part of the log is pasted below for reference:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.04.01.80.bin
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks and Regards - May
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

meoowming02 Posted at 2016-5-17 00:32
Hi Adela,

Thanks for your response. The feedback was based on what we are seeing/experiencing in ...

Thanks for your reply.

The Osmo firmware doesn't support downgrade at present.

About the connection with the DJI GO App and the issue of "UNKNOWN" firmware displaying, our engineers will look into it further and try to solve it ASAP.
Your Osmo device should be OK, please don't worry.

Thanks.
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules