Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kpj1976
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282323 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys, I hope you can help.

I have a phantom 4, all updated with the up to date firmware. I seem to have an issue with getting the drone to any distance. I get to around 1250' (0.3km) and get a weak controller signal. This is also out and about in clear countryside, not in an area with hi wifi interference etc. The controller and drone also have pretty much a full charge.

Are there some settings I need to be aware of. It's massively disappointing as it's clearly not getting anywhere near the distance it should.

Thanks for reading, hope you can help!

2016-5-15
Use props
jaraxle1zx
lvl.1

Right over 3000 feet with mine.
2016-5-15
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

5600ft with turned off wifi
2016-5-15
Use props
skidoo131
lvl.1

United States

Stock antennas? Are the antennas in a vertical position and not crossed over one another? Are you keeping the front of the controller pointed at the Phantom at all times? What altitude are you flying at?
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello kpj1976, did the drone trigger RTH at 0.3KM when it lost its signal?Did you try to move the RC's position or adjust the antennas at that time? It would be better if you can post some screenshots of the channel condition at that time.
2016-5-16
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

That's poor range.  There are videos on YouTube of even the Phantom 1 going out to greater than 9,000ft easily right out of the box.  
2016-5-16
Use props
jaraxle1zx
lvl.1

United States

I turn back when my iPad screen video feed starts to go out. In town its 1800+ feet, but I couldn't go farther anyways or I would be flying over people.
In the country I have got right over 3000 feet.

If that is poor the only thing I can say is this is the best I can do. At 3000 feet out it really helps to have video feed to fly back with.
No point in risking my drone.

At 3000 feet I can not see my drone and I have only done this once. Rest of flights I keep eye contact. We'll be honest I couldn't see my phantom 4 at 1800 feet.
So I'm not really wanting to try to push the distance thing. $1399+ tax is a little to much to lose.
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules