3424 55 2016-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

Hello everyone,

I had a huge problem with my drone...
I bought it at a Official store, and then it came with out the blades, first problem...
Then a friend had a P3 blades and he gave them to me, and once the firmware was uptadated, the dorne calibrated and all the first flight things, I had fun with with... Awesome shots and all you can imagine...

Then, the next day, the batteries was full charged, and I calibrated the drone again...
I fly a few minutes and then i push the auto landing button, and all go right...
Few minutes later, i order the drone to a auto take-off, and then i pushed the right sitcker to increase the altitude, but at 15M the drone just fall down like a rock... I didn't shut the mottors off and nothing, but the drone just fall from the sky like a rock and i don't know why...
The gimble is broken...

I took it back to the store and they sent the drone back to Dji Repair service 3 weeks ago, and today i recieved an email from the store giving me the number to track de repair service...
It says the drone arrived 2 days ago...

The big question is: will they repair the drone free or will i need to pay, and how much time will it take to repair?...

Waiting for you answers guys,
Thank you very much everyone.

Best regards,
Samuel.
13214792_983679251687933_1252666849_o.jpg
13224303_983679171687941_1319325601_o.jpg
13235069_983679215021270_81667164_o.jpg
13250572_983679298354595_802201705_n.jpg
2016-5-16
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

You'll have to wait & see, but from what you've said, I'd expect them to repair it for free.
2016-5-16
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-17 04:19
You'll have to wait & see, but from what you've said, I'd expect them to repair it for free.

I hope too... Let's se... I really don't know why the drone fall from the sky like this...
All calibrated, firware uptade... 100% ready to fly...
2016-5-16
Use props
Timmer
New

France

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-16 22:19

Something similar happened to me today. After a few weeks of crappy weather, I charged up the batteries and took the drone to a friends house. 30 seconds after takeoff at a height of about 6-8 metres off the ground, the drone made a strange noise and went into a spin. It hit the ground hard and the front left rotor arm is broken. The propeller cannot be removed and the motor makes a strange clicking sound. I cannot seem to be able to calibrate the compass anymore and the camera picture has serious interference. I'm pretty annoyed to be honest. This was not due to a bad controller input by me and the drone coming down could have really hurt someone. I've emailed support to see what the next step is but has anyone else seen a similar problem and what could have caused it. I always calibrate the compass before every flight.
Regards,
Tim
2016-5-16
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

Timmer Posted at 2016-5-17 04:30
Something similar happened to me today. After a few weeks of crappy weather, I charged up the batt ...

The same...
When my drone fall like a rock there was a baby... This is a huge problem...
One day someone will report that a drone fall from the sky and sent someone to the hospital...
I think you'r best option is to send the drone to te repair service and wait and wait for a answer like me...

What makes me crazy is that i need the drone in 3 months beacause i have my cousin wedding and i need the drone to take some picture from the sky...

Fingers crossed... Hope DJI repaire service make it quickly, or at least answer to see if i will need to pay something or no...

Thank's timmer to pass and answer to the question ;)
2016-5-16
Use props
Timmer
New

France

pvb.samuel Posted at 2016-5-16 22:42
The same...
When my drone fall like a rock there was a baby... This is a huge problem...
One day s ...

I have had some great fun with my drone in the last 3 months. The Mairie of our village has even asked me to make a video of the town and I've been busy taking photos of my friends houses for their websites etc.
If I had crashed the drone myself it would be fine but now I don't know if I can trust the drone to fly it again when it is repaired. I have a lake near my house and have taken some great footage of my kids on the water but I don't think I would ever fly the drone over water again.

I hope and expect they will repair or replace your drone. I hope the same for myself.
2016-5-16
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

Timmer Posted at 2016-5-17 04:52
I have had some great fun with my drone in the last 3 months. The Mairie of our village has even as ...

What appened to your drone? It crashed? Because you just mencioned that you hope they will repair your drone...
2016-5-16
Use props
rustymichaud
lvl.2

United States

Do you have the logs to go over??
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash, Samuel. I'd suggest you to contact our Europe service center for your issue with your tracking number. It is recommended to analyse the flight data. Our tech support will look into you case.
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Phone:+49(0)97479304200
Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00)
Online Support:Monday to Friday, 11:00AM-6:00PM (Netherlands Time UTC/GMT +1)
2016-5-17
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

rustymichaud Posted at 2016-5-17 08:08
Do you have the logs to go over??

I have multiple files... Can you be more specific and tell me the name of the file and the folder where i cant find it? (i allready download it from my app)
2016-5-17
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-17 16:52
Sorry for your crash, Samuel. I'd suggest you to contact our Europe service center for your issue wi ...

Thank you paladin
Do you recommend me to contact by email or online support?
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

pvb.samuel Posted at 2016-5-17 17:29
Thank you paladin
Do you recommend me to contact by email or online support?

It is up to you and you can also call them.
2016-5-17
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779839 ft
Spain

Did you check if the battery levels (voltage) were green ? I.e., while the battery might say it's at 100% or 97% when you start, it might have a damaged cell that, after a few minutes of strain might suddenly drop in voltage. Ideally the drone will advise to land or try to auto-land, but I've heard of cases where that doesn't happen. I've tried to stick with some recommendations from other users that advise to:

1) Configure the DJI Go App to show the voltage levels on the main screen (right below the %). Don't fly if these show yellow, red, or are below 3.5V  (even if your battery % shows a high value)
2) In the first few minutes, make sure you don't push the phantom too hard, let it warm-up with smooth and slow movements. If the battery is not in good condition, it might cause sudden voltage drops below the 3.5V. After the phantom warms up the voltage levels tend to go up a little.
3) Before any flight make sure you test controls, left, right, up, down, yaw left/right, spend a minute or so just flying around low to make sure everything looks ok and no weird sounds exist
4) Make sure your propellers are tight(before you turn on, obviously)
5) Make sure the battery is inserted properly and that you hear a clicking sound when you insert it.

I feel for you though, I'm still fairly new to drones, and fly my P3S very carefully as I'm always concerned that it might drop, so I try to follow some guidelines I saw here on the forum and other online websites to the tee !
2016-5-17
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

Nfbarreto@gmail Posted at 2016-5-17 18:54
Did you check if the battery levels (voltage) were green ? I.e., while the battery might say it's at ...

Thank for your advice!

I allways do that! Before every flight I calibrate the drone, everything!
I always chek the battery level, let the drone warm a bit, and when i start the engines i left about 30sec to 1min on the ground to see if there is a problem...
Then I take off easly, smoth mouvements... Well, i always do smoth movements because the drone is for filming so...

That day everything as correct... Very good weather, battery full charged, control full charged, 9 satelites, very good connection, no interferencies, no weard sounds, props very tight, aircraft warmed, 1min on the ground with engines on....

I just don't know why the drone fall on the ground... I didnt hit anything...

Now I just need to wait DJI answer... I allready sent the LOG file but I don't know if will need to pay or not...
2016-5-17
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Won't take but a week or so to repair and another few days to return ship to you. You shouldn't have to worry about your cousins wedding.
2016-5-17
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

FAS1 Posted at 2016-5-17 19:12
Won't take but a week or so to repair and another few days to return ship to you. You shouldn't have ...

That's one problem... TIME...
The other problem is money....
2016-5-17
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

Could please someone tell me how can i post the LOG file here? And what is the specific name of the file?
2016-5-17
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

If you want to see the record: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=vfYzDx
2016-5-17
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

Hello again,
In the Repair Service tracking, the status have been updated...
Can someone help me? Because I don't understand what they mean by that and if I will need to pay or something...

Thanks!
2016-5-18
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

Hi. When you say you pushed the right stick forward to gain altitude, I guess you ment the left stick? Or have you changed the stick Mode?
2016-5-18
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

TheFlyingDutchm Posted at 2016-5-18 21:39
Hi. When you say you pushed the right stick forward to gain altitude, I guess you ment the left stic ...

Yes the left sitck, I'm sorry
2016-5-18
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

Someone?
2016-5-18
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I would guess they are sending you a quote.. I'd say call them, find out what's going on, and work with them to find out why they are quoting things.. With what you said - it sounds like a free repair. If it is not, you need to understand exactly why they say so....
2016-5-18
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-19 05:55
I would guess they are sending you a quote.. I'd say call them, find out what's going on, and work w ...

Thanks for your help
2016-5-18
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

From your logs (that strangely start somewhere after 14 minutes) it is clear that the flying mode was changed from P to Atti-mode several times. Did you toggle the flight mode switch ?
If you are in Atti-mode, either because you switched to that mode yourself OR youi just had not enough satellites the drone can become very unstable and descend rapidly. Did the drone land with the propellers first or on it's landing gear ? If it lands upside down that means the motors were off the moment it touched the ground. Are you sure you didn't do inadvertently a CSC stopping the motors ?
GPS-map shows that you had indeed insufficient GPS coverage where you were flying: only 6 to 10 satellites most of the time.
2016-5-18
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

If that is also DJI's findings....it might not be a freebie.    Might be on you.   They say "quoted".   Seems you should be receiving an email with the total if you're expected to pay.
2016-5-18
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-19 06:24
From your logs (that strangely start somewhere after 14 minutes) it is clear that the flying mode w ...

No I didn't shut the motors...
It's weard... I saw a lot of time the fly record in the DJI GO APP, and all was perfect! Then the drone suddently drop altitude and changed the mode I don't know why...
It's not the first drone I fly and never like that appened to me...
I didn't change any mode, I saw that and I reported that to the support and they dont know how explain that to me... I only fly when I have more that 7 satellites...
I have so 3 people who can afirm that the drone just fall from the air...

The problem with the website cant show you the drone flying like in the app...
The drone dind't touched the ground... In fall into it...
2016-5-18
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-19 06:24
From your logs (that strangely start somewhere after 14 minutes) it is clear that the flying mode w ...

By the way, the changes from P to Atti-mode appened when the drone fall on the ground
2016-5-18
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-5-19 06:30
If that is also DJI's findings....it might not be a freebie.    Might be on you.   They say "quoted" ...

Well... I didn't did a combination to shut down the motors or anything...
The drone just fall from the air like a rock and I don't know why, and I would like DJI explain that to me, because I will not pay for a error from the drone... By the way, the crashed appened 24h since i bought it...
So that you can tell, the drone didn't had a 1h of flight and just crashed...

If they make me pay, I will be very desapointed with the service... REALLY!
2016-5-18
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Could this be the problem ?   Takeoff Battery 44%  . Seen many people with issues with a not fully charged battery and flying ............
2016-5-18
Use props
rburke11
lvl.1

Your third photo shows the gimbal clamp attached to the camera. Did you try flying with that still attached?
2016-5-18
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

rburke11 Posted at 2016-5-19 07:14
Your third photo shows the gimbal clamp attached to the camera. Did you try flying with that still a ...

Of course not! I just put the clamp to protect the gimble because I was putting the drone back in the box to send it back
2016-5-18
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Total Posted at 2016-5-19 07:11
Could this be the problem ?   Takeoff Battery 44%  . Seen many people with issues with a not fully  ...

A good rule of thumb might be....Always try to takeoff with a fully charged battery....but best not to takeoff if your battery is below about 70%.   Anything below 50% would be risky...

That would be my opinion.
2016-5-18
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Total Posted at 2016-5-19 07:11
Could this be the problem ?   Takeoff Battery 44%  . Seen many people with issues with a not fully  ...

It was a 30sec flight...
Why could be this be the problem? I have a P4 and sometimes I takeoff with even less battery, but at 20% it comes to home...
And the drone was just, at max, 17m from the ground...
I really don't understand how the drone fall from the air...
Was the firmware update?
2016-5-18
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-5-19 07:45
A good rule of thumb might be....Always try to takeoff with a fully charged battery....but best not ...

But at the begining the battery was fully charged...
Before that I made some flights this is why the battery was at 44%

I never take the drone one the air for the first time of the day without the battery full charged...
I allready saw people taking off with 50% 40% even 30% of the battery and never had a problem like this...
2016-5-18
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Just to inform, my new name is VORTEX.P3, befora it was pvb.samuel
2016-5-18
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

People, if you do a series of flights, the do show as separate flights in HealthyDrones, so it is very normal to have a take off with 44% or even less battery. Esp. if it's a short flight. The point is that if it's not on a cold battery, it should not be the issue. And that is all i have to say... about that!
As for the crash, weird with all the ATTI flight mode changes.. very suspicious.. I do have gps down to "red" sometimes, not often, but sometimes... so I am not sure if I'd blame that alone.. what would happen to autoland if GPS was lost? I assume it would land just fine, by engaging visual sensors when in the range of the ground.. but it could certainly fly sideways or whatever if there was wind present, or if the IMU was not calibrated right?
I wish HD logs showed more in the way of flight progress and controls logs as dji GO does. Does litchi show that stuff? Just wondering.
Anyhow... good luck with this! Hope it will work out without too much cost involved!
2016-5-18
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi again guys,
I record my flight and here is the video...
Can you please tell me why the drone crashed like that?...

2016-5-19
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

pvb.samuel Posted at 2016-5-17 20:14
If you want to see the record: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=vfYzDx

looked at your record at HD, seems that you had compass error. but i could be wrong as i'm new to HD.
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

radius Posted at 2016-5-19 18:51
looked at your record at HD, seems that you had compass error. but i could be wrong as i'm new to  ...

Where? Could you please take a screenshot of the error? Because I don't see it...
2016-5-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules