Lighbridge 2 + A2 and No gimbal
1762 8 2016-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeff.breazile
New

United States

Has anyone use A2 + Lightbridge 2 without a gimbal?  Looks like the LB2 air unit is wanting +12v from the gimbal, if I can supply the +12 and connect the DBUS to the A2 as shown in the LB2 manual, do I still need to connect the CAN bus?  If CAN bus requried can I plug it into free port on GPS antanna line into A2?

2016-5-16
Use props
jeff.breazile
New

United States

Figured it out, and yes you can connect A2 and Lightbridge 2 without a gimbal, or even a camera.  Of course you can't do FPV but you do get GPS with maps and all other functions.  We are using our platform for mapping and survey so went with a fixed camera mount.  We plan to add a gimbal in the future.
2016-5-16
Use props
akousticar
New
Italy

Hello

I have to produce N4 quadcopters for Professional Aerial filming, All parts of frame will be made by my self - with carbon fiber tube and aluminium parts.

I will use all Dji parts

Dji A2 controller
Dji lightbridge2 for HD video dowlink
Dji Zenmuse Z15-GH4

I would like to know if lightbridge2 GO App ( intelligent waypoint) will work with a non Dji quadcopters ?

If there is any other solution to achive my gools.

Best Regards.
Zouari Riadh
akousticar@yahoo.fr
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
LB2 is not compatible with 3rd party quadcopters.

Thanks.
2016-5-19
Use props
quality
lvl.2

United States

jeff.breazile@g Posted at 2016-5-16 19:53
Figured it out, and yes you can connect A2 and Lightbridge 2 without a gimbal, or even a camera.  Of course you can't do FPV but you do get GPS with maps and all other functions.  We are using our platform for mapping and survey so went with a fixed camera mount.  We plan to add a gimbal in the future.

Can you describe how you got this set up. I'm looking at the Lightbridge 2 manual and the A2 manual and trying to decide if I need the extra Can Hub or not. I noticed that in the A2 manual it says that IMU, GPS go to CAN1 and the LED, PMU to CAN2. Did you end up using the extra can port on the GPS to connect the lightbridge 2 unit? According to the lightbridge 2 manual it needs to be connected to CAN2 not CAN1.
We are using a fixed camera as well and don't need the gimbal at the moment.
2017-2-13
Use props
quality
lvl.2

United States

So how do you power the LB2 Unit without having the gimbal? I've read on two forum posts so far (this one and another) that this is possible. Can anyone share some details on how?
2017-2-20
Use props
sriram
lvl.1

India

quality Posted at 2017-2-20 15:12
So how do you power the LB2 Unit without having the gimbal? I've read on two forum posts so far (this one and another) that this is possible. Can anyone share some details on how?

Hay....
I too face a similar problem... I can connect lightbridge2 to A2 flight controller. only stick inputs, A,E,R,T, are working. other switches,wheel, go home switch, gimbal and other auxillary switch are not reflecting... Do I need a CAN HUB to use those functions ?
2017-3-1
Use props
quality
lvl.2

United States

sriram Posted at 2017-3-1 05:45
Hay....
I too face a similar problem... I can connect lightbridge2 to A2 flight controller. only stick inputs, A,E,R,T, are working. other switches,wheel, go home switch, gimbal and other auxillary switch are not reflecting... Do I need a CAN HUB to use those functions ?

If you are using a gimbal I can't help you...my setup is without a gimbal. That's what this thread is about.

I did get my setup working however without the gimbal. I had to may a DIY cord from the gimbal cable that ships with the LB2 and add a step down converter to bring voltage down from my 6S battery to 9-12 volts.
2017-3-2
Use props
fans28f4c2ee
New

i have A2 FLIGHT CONTROLLER . want to use LB2 with DJI GO APP.does A2 + dji lightbridge 2 support waypoint ?
2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules