Trackimo GPS locator
1860 10 2016-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raegoul
lvl.1

Canada

I bought a Trackimo GPS locator at a local store but ordered a mount system off a website. I ended up cutting a bike inner tube to protect the landing gear from scratches and zip tied the device to the landing gear as a temporary mounting solution.

Just wanted to make sure that this temporary placement is alright being at the rear left of the quads landing gear.

If not do you guys have any other suggestions of how I could mount this better temporarily?
CameraZOOM-20160517162950187.jpg
2016-5-17
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2

Hello Raegoul, I have a Phantom 3 Adv and bought a Trackimo as well. I purchased a Trackimo Device Holder online from www.gimbal-guard.com I got the white one for $17.50, it mounts on the side so I put it opposite the side of the mini SD card slot. Took over 2 weeks to get arrive since I am in the U.S. and I think it came from Israel. I haven't had any known issues as of yet. I did order another Trackimo mount online from a guy at https://www.spacecitydrones.com/ for $29.99 and he listed it as mounting on the front. He sent me one that mounted on the side and after nearly a month of no response emails, he said he had trouble getting or making one to mount on the front. I wouldn't buy from https://www.spacecitydrones.com/

I have heard of some people talking about propulsion errors on the motors, so that is something to consider on where you mount your Trackimo. I haven't see mine lean or try and compensate for the slight extra load on the side.
Here is a picture of the one I have now.

2016-5-17
Use props
Raegoul
lvl.1

Canada

I ended up ordering this one from gimbal-guard.com...  Hopefully it comes quick.
3825_710_424.png
2016-5-17
Use props
jstjohnz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1146388 ft
United States

To keep the weight down I don't use a mount.   The Trackimo sits face up on the center of one skid with the charging jack facing out, just behind the point where the gimbal guard attaches.  I use a piece of velcro to keep it facing up, and a Ty-Rap to hold it in place.  
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Raegoul Posted at 2016-5-18 09:44
I ended up ordering this one from gimbal-guard.com...  Hopefully it comes quick.

It is not recommended to add a bar below the downside sensing system. It would influence the normal performance of the system.
2016-5-18
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-18 16:47
It is not recommended to add a bar below the downside sensing system. It would influence the norma ...

Makes sense (no pun intended)

2016-5-18
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Speaking of Trakimo......will it still work if the Trakimo website is down?   I heard (read) that if their site is down, you can't use Trakimo.    Rare, maybe...but if your Phantom happens to go astray and their website is down......
2016-5-18
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

We have a trackimo mount incorporated into a gimbal guard here for the phantom 3
http://hypedphoto.com/q500mods/i ... imo-mount-platform/

2016-9-17
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

If the Trackimo server (or ANY route in the path to their server) is down, you get no tracking.

roll the dice....

I welcome correction if incorrect.   This is what I understand their website to say.
2016-9-17
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Raegoul Posted at 2016-5-18 03:44

Are sure it is not going to interfere with he VPS ? Several stories here of that kind of mounts that disturbed the VPS-sensing, making the AC think it was on the ground and shutting it's motors off...
2016-9-18
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-9-18 04:28
If the Trackimo server (or ANY route in the path to their server) is down, you get no tracking.

rol ...

"ANY route to their server" , that would amount to a few billions of routes collapsing at the same time, which is not impossible but 99.9999999 % impossible. That is how the Internet is made: you can reach each and every server through trillions of different paths, so even when a few million cables are broken, you will still get there, don't worry.
Most 'important' websites are hosted on several servers at the same time, and can immediately switch to the reserve or second reserve server if needed. So, I wouldn't worry too much...
2016-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules