What happened... My phanton not working like it did
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

I haven’t flown in a while but went flying yesterday. WOW this thing doesn’t fly right, the video on my ipad is all jerky, and drops out There are black lines on the screen. It doesn’t hover steady anymore. Heck when I use to let go of the sticks the P3 would just hover rock solid but now… it drifts badly. What happened?

I was trying to take some video and it was impossible t frame the shot with the screen dropping out and freezing and jerky… HELP

2016-5-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Check under About in the app, Is your current Go app and firmware in the drone and RC up to date?
Look in your device app store to see if there have been updates that you may have missed recently.
These may help reduce your current list of concerns. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-5-18
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

P3A

app 2.8.1
aircraft 1.8.80
RC 1.6.0

IOS 9.3.1

I do believe everything it up to date
2016-5-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

For the drifting , perhaps a cold IMU calibration as well then your gimbal. Then do a proper Compsss calibration.
Not sure what else to offer. If your flight records are already stored  in the cloud, you could try reinstalling the Go app.
Otherwise even going back in firmware and reinstalling the latest version.  

RedHotPoker
2016-5-18
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

Don't think a cold IMU cal would help with the down link video... This is the first time I have had any issue...
2016-5-18
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer

Check out the thread below. Turn your volume down, a loud video starts automatically. Is this what your gimbal is doing? There is a 2nd video down in the thread that is mine and the problem is more obvious as to what the gimbal is doing. It still flies fine, and it seems to be an intermittent problem. Curious if that's what you are seeing. I saw the black lines you described a couple of updates ago, but one of them fixed it. Have you tried it since? Does it do this every time? Good luck to you!

http://forum.dji.com/thread-52369-1-1.html

Barney
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Spankybear, it is recommenced to do the IMU calibration and compass calibration.Besides, as for the jerky video and lagging,  you can also clear the app cache or reinstall the app.
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules