Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Questions Is the X5 camera gamble working???
605 3 2016-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Adela, Good morning.
Remember I post a thread asking the vertical shaking problems and I submitted a link for your tech. dept.
A question is, when the Osmo is turned on, the green light on the X5 camera is on at the same time.
My X5 camer's green light is on and then it will turn itself off, not until I turn on video taking, then it will turn red.
Is it normal for the green light to turn on and then off? Or the green light should be on all the time?
Why I ask, because I doubt the gimble motor is working properly, or not working at all, that made the vertical shaking so obvious and noticable.
How do I know the gimbal motor is working OK?
Make me post this thread to you is that after watching the youtube demonstration about the X5, and I try the same as in the youtube demonstration, I cannot do it.
Enclosed please find (2) links, one is from Youtube, the gentleman demonstrating the X5 gimble, he swings the camera from left to right, the camera moves
smoothly as he twist his hand.
The secnd link is I video myself doing the same action, but you can notice the camera find it very difficult to move around , or to mention as smooth as in the
first video.
That make me think the gimble is not working at all.
Appreciate if you can advise

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9eAM1DjZsrA

https://www.dropbox.com/s/deddn7vim5abgza/DJI_0009.MP4?dl=0
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Good day, wto6071,
When you turn on your Osmo Pro, during the initialization process of the X5 camera itself, the LED on the X5 camera will blink green quickly and then red, when it turns to normal working status, the LED should be off.
In the 'demonstration' video, apparently, the person is holding the Trigger button while he moves the handle. So, did you hold the Trigger button while you operated your Osmo Pro? The smoothness of the gimbal's movement depends on your SmoothTrack settings in the DJI GO App, so please connect your unit to the DJI GO App, and check the SmoothTrack settings in the Gimbal Menu. For the details of settings, please refer to the P18 in the User Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _v1.2_en_160330.pdf

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-18
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-19 13:36
Good day, wto6071,
When you turn on your Osmo Pro, during the initialization process of the X5 camer ...

Thanks Adela.
I did exactly as in your above post. But one thing I now noticed, after watching many many times over the
YouTube video, I finally noticed that gentleman is holding the Osmo with trigger towards himself.Not facing outward.
I try to do the same action, I think now I can perform more or less like what he has done..
From what you mentioned about the LED working procedure, MY Osmo do exactly the same, that means the gimble is working alright..
Thanks for answering.
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-5-19 12:36
Thanks Adela.
I did exactly as in your above post. But one thing I now noticed, after watching man ...

You're welcome!
It's always great to hear that you can figure out the issues.
2016-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules