export from x5raw ssd with cinelight takes hours....
2012 6 2016-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.1

Germany

maybe anybody can help me ?
if i export from the x5raw ssd which is connected to my macbbok (usb3.0 - macbook pro corie i7) via cinelight to an external ssd (connected by thunderbolt)
it takes around 3 hours for 200GB recordings........   (export format is adobe dng - for premiere tiff sequence)......
this should go faster ... but how ?

2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
In our judgement, the export speed was probably slowed down because of the incapability of your disk. So, could you please check your Mac's configuration?

Thanks.  
2016-5-19
Use props
info
lvl.1

Germany

it´s a APPLE SSD SM0512F   - import for 6:30 min video needs around 50 min.   is this normal ????
2016-5-20
Use props
info
lvl.1

Germany

sorry, i forgot to write that this is the time to export to the internal ssd of my macbook .
the external ssd , connected  over thunderbolt is a crucial 960  - but also needs 58min. for the export of 6:30 video on DJI-SSD

sorry, but it should be possible to copy the files on location - native and later export them - otherwise you can´t work with the raw x5 .....
2016-5-20
Use props
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

Because DJI will only let you use Cinelight to access the files you are limited by it's export speed.

So instead of just being able to copy files quickly in the field and get back to work you have to do what it essentially a render and convert the files to dng's or whatever you are using. The program doesn't take advantage of any additional hardware on your machine so you are single threading a very complex process.

Rant on: DJI - this can be so frustrating. I need to copy the files to another drive and get back to shooting - Rant off.

Exporting with USB 3 to an SSD I find I'm getting about a 1:4 ratio. 30 minutes of footage takes 120 min for Cinelight to export.

2016-7-15
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it should go faster than that
2017-1-4
Use props
nono121
New

France

Hi,

for us the Work flow was too long with the copy, the crash copy .... and some other problem ...
So we sell our two x5r one month ago
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules