Upgrade to 1.8 on P3A problem!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
herman_desmet
New

Belgium

Hey all.

It was a long time ago that I did my firmware upgrade due to several reasons. I was on version 1.4. I managed to do update 1.07 (bin file on sd card and then turning on aircraft). Txt file says: upgrade success.

When I try the same now with the latest firmware .bin file (1.08) it does nothing... Just the D...DD beep once and the camera light turns solid green.

Is this the correct file for the Phantom 3 Advanced ? https://dl.djicdn.com/.../phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.zip

I find it strange that the filename starts with P3S and not with P3A.

Andy ideas? I won't upgrade my remote because I'm afraid I won't be able to fly again... when I click in the app on 'upgrade firmware' i get this warning that the connection might get lost because the aircraft is not on the latest firmware.

Now my versions in the app are these:

App: 2.8.1
Aircraft: 1.5.30+  (--> this is strange, I did the upgrade file 1.7!)
Remote: 1.3.20

Does anybody has an idea to help me please?

Kind regards,
Herman

2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Herman, the firmware is correct. If you have updated your aircraft's firmware to 1.8.8, please upgrade your RC to 1.6.0. Only when both of the drone and RC update to the latest successfully the "Signal Lost " issue will disappear. Besides, feel free to post the hidden log here. Here is the method to find it:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-5-19
Use props
herman_desmet
New

Belgium

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-19 11:58
Hello Herman, the firmware is correct. If you have updated your aircraft's firmware to 1.8.8, please ...

Ok thank! Will try this evening if there is a hidden log file/folder.

I was unable to upgrade to 1.8, it just doesn't start (led directly turns green).
2016-5-19
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-19 02:58
Hello Herman, the firmware is correct. If you have updated your aircraft's firmware to 1.8.8, please ...

Paladin,  in upgrading the RC to 1.6.0 that would be done via the Go app, correct?
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

DMB2015 Posted at 2016-5-19 22:17
Paladin,  in upgrading the RC to 1.6.0 that would be done via the Go app, correct?

If your RC is running the firmware higher than 1.3.2, you need to upgrade it via DJI GO app. You'll find the download button in Overall Status.
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

herman_desmet Posted at 2016-5-19 19:46
Ok thank! Will try this evening if there is a hidden log file/folder.

I was unable to upgrade to  ...

It would be better to post the log here.
2016-5-19
Use props
herman_desmet
New

Belgium

Hello,

Everything worked now! I did a format of the SD card via the app, again put the fw on he sd-card, and now the upgrade worked! After that I upgraded the remote via the app and then had to re-link the phantom to the remote, but everything seems to work fine now! thanks!

Herman
2016-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules