OSMO X5 adaptor manufacturing halted??????
2231 28 2016-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After waiting over 4 weeks for my X5 adaptor for my Osmo I heard from a highly respectable source that DJI have halted manufacturing of this product due to changes to the materials used.  The first batch of the original stock have been exhausted and now it could be weeks before the new batch is disptched from China.

Why the change in materials?

Why the continued false updates?
Are the new materials of the same quality and is the price remaining the same?

DJI need to start being honest with its consumers or repeat buyers like myself are going to start looking at other companies for their gear.
2016-5-19
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

Frankly, the initial specifications for the X5 adapter are less than ideal, as it is nearly a forced fit to attach the gimbal.
2016-5-19
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I saw a video on Youtube whereby the guy doing the demo struggled to attach the camera to the adaptor and it looked like it was a poor fit.  I just thought he was doing it wrong.  Why am i not surprised.
2016-5-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own 2 x5 adapters and one fits ok and the other is a force fit so it's a crap shoot as to what your going to get?
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

ayrshireuav, did you order from DJI official online store? May I know your order number?
2016-5-22
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Store Posted at 2016-5-23 04:29
ayrshireuav, did you order from DJI official online store? May I know your order number?

I ordered from an official DJI dealer.  Your own website now shows delivery times as 30-40 days.  It was 3-4 days only a week ago.  Is there a manufacturing issue?  Should I just request a refund?
2016-5-23
Use props
munga808
lvl.2
United States

ayrshireuav Posted at 2016-5-22 23:45
I ordered from an official DJI dealer.  Your own website now shows delivery times as 30-40 days.   ...

get the refund...order on amazon...and download and 3d print adaptor for now. Thats what i did
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

ayrshireuav Posted at 2016-5-23 17:45
I ordered from an official DJI dealer.  Your own website now shows delivery times as 30-40 days.   ...

It is unforeseen demand. Some of the adapter orders in DJI officila store have been shipped out. We kindly suggest you contact the dealer to consult shipping date and kindly wait. The adapter is in good quality and you worth it.
2016-5-23
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

DJI Store Posted at 2016-5-23 23:50
It is unforeseen demand. Some of the adapter orders in DJI officila store have been shipped out. W ...

It is not good quality. Mediocre at best, but functional.
2016-5-24
Use props
DDM
lvl.2

United States

Hey DJI Store - I ordered mine on April 18th and now it is almost June. What is going on!! I ordered it from your website directly before the high demand hit so I don't get it?
2016-5-24
Use props
patrickarkum
lvl.1
United States

DDM Posted at 2016-5-24 13:39
Hey DJI Store - I ordered mine on April 18th and now it is almost June. What is going on!! I ordered ...

Yo DDM check out multicopter warehouse based out of Colorado. They have 10 left and I ordered straight away for a next day delivery. Couldn't believe it!
2016-5-25
Use props
patrickarkum
lvl.1
United States

DDM Posted at 2016-5-24 13:39
Hey DJI Store - I ordered mine on April 18th and now it is almost June. What is going on!! I ordered ...

Yo DDM check out multicopter warehouse based out of Colorado. They have 10 left and I ordered straight away for a next day delivery. Couldn't believe it!
2016-5-25
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

For those that are struggling with a tight fit on their X5 adaptor, have you tried to adjust the hex screw that is at the front? I just noticed it today and didn't have any wrenches handy to test it but is certainly appears to be an adjustment for how snug the adaptor fits.
2016-5-25
Use props
osmo1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105 ft
United States

I ordered from multi copter warehouse and i asked online chat about stock. At the time they said they had around 200 but didnt believe them until i saw the shipping confirmation one hour later after i placed the order. Got it in 3 days
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

DDM Posted at 2016-5-25 02:39

May I know your order number?
2016-5-25
Use props
nivong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mine is: 031110616740
2016-5-26
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-5-26
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI need to stop announcing new products in a panic in response to other companies. Focus on releasing existing products to customers who have paid a lot of  money when production problems clearly exist. Be honest with customers. Provide customer service that customers will respect. In my opinion Dji need to slow down, refocus, improve manufacturing processes, learn about and understand consumer rights legislation is different throughout the world.  Having moderators and online chat staff available during "Chinese" office hours isn't acceptable. Apple for instance have one of the best customer service operations in the world. If not the best. They have world wide product manufacturing and they have a policy of announcing products a few weeks before they release them for sale. Not months and certainly not years. DJI are a multi billion dollar company that portray themselves as the number one in its field yet their operation is run like a tech geeks bedroom eBay shop!  To be the best, you need to be better than everyone else. Better technology, reliable products, better product availability, better after sales services. It's the whole process that counts. Not just sales.
2016-5-26
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The policy of taking full payment from people, before even checking stock availability is dishonorable, at best. If stocks do not exist, then DJI should say so. It will lose many customers. As technology catches up elsewhere, there will be no point dealing with them. Period.
2016-5-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-26 15:37
The policy of taking full payment from people, before even checking stock availability is dishonorab ...

Did you ever get your x5 adapter?
2016-5-29
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-29 13:06
Did you ever get your x5 adapter?

Nope!....I've had the 'next week' promise for the third time, three or four days ago.

I can't remember who it was on here, but a while ago someone said there won't be any more until June. I guess he was right.

I'm off to Hong Kong on Friday 3rd June, and I doubt I'll have it.
2016-5-29
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

They have been shipping the X5 adapters, at least up until 3 weeks ago, when I got mine.
2016-5-29
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Selectively, and stop-start.....

Many (like me) bought 5 and 6 weeks ago, and still haven't had theirs.

I copied and pasted my whole conversations with them on here, but they censored it - i guess so we don't see we are all getting the same excuses. I've had 3 failed deadlines so far, and their site says to allow 30-40 business days, now.
It's anybody's guess with DJI.
2016-5-29
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

2016-5-29
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

pocketpc_ebay@h Posted at 2016-5-30 05:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OglS36zAfU

Thats my video and DJI has done nothing to help. I have been returning all the defective OSMOS to the vendors I purchased them from. I am now on my third defective unit and plan on buying them till they fix the issue or I get a good one. I am sharing my OSMO problem with as many people I can in order to warn them and provide DJI with enough information that they can fix it...

If DJI can send me a properly working x5 with OSMO and adapter, I will be happy and send my units in on exchange. Until then I will continue to try and find a solution and share it with the world.
2016-5-29
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

100% with U Burlbark
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ayrshireuav Posted at 2016-5-26 20:59
DJI need to stop announcing new products in a panic in response to other companies. Focus on releasi ...

Thanks for your kind suggestion.
We'll take care of our customer service and trying to improve as a whole.

2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-5-30 10:33
Thats my video and DJI has done nothing to help. I have been returning all the defective OSMOS to  ...

Hello.
This issue has been reported, our engineers will look into it and try to improve it in the future.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-5-31
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-1 08:38
Hello.
This issue has been reported, our engineers will look into it and try to improve it in the  ...

DJI just told us both to stop whining and shut up basically. Got to love those pro forma "we don't care" responses they have.
2016-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules