Dream Flights VR....who has experience???
1880 10 2016-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oldcar82
lvl.2

United States

Hi.. I wanted to ask if anyone is using this with their P3 or Inspire? I am using a apple mini2 and a hood over it however many times I am having difficulty seeing the screen with the glare of the sun. Searching the forum today found a link to Dream Flights which seems to be a app to turn your android phone screen into virtual reality. They currently offer a budle deal for the goggles and the app for a reasonable price and give you many flight options and variations of them allowing you control of the craft with head tilts, full manual control with the RC as you have now, or a combination of both. I am wondering if anyone on the forum has this setup, or has tested it?
2016-5-19
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

I have used FPV with an iOS app. Works fine!
2016-5-19
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft

I have VR goggles and iOS, used Fpv camera app. It looks good, the app froze once I went out of range, when I brought the p3p back in range I had to restart the app to get any flight information, oddly enough, the video part was working fine though!! Waiting on litchi to release update for VR support in iOS. $20 for the goggles $20 for Fpv app. If using Android I would suggest litchi over the Fpv camera app.
Did a quick video for the hoodman visor and an anti glare shield
http://forum.dji.com/thread-52810-1-1.html
2016-5-19
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

Fat Shark Glasses and HDMI module....works great....running on Inspire 1
2016-5-19
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.2

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-20 01:11
I have VR goggles and iOS, used Fpv camera app. It looks good, the app froze once I went out of rang ...

Thanks so much for the time and effort it helped tremendously...I like the idea of the hood shield...I think it is pricey however and should try to reach a price point of about 30 dollars...at that price I would buy one this minute... but this gave me the desire to make my own... perhaps I can make one that meets my needs for a small amount of cash outlay. I am not a person that minds spending money for something of value but when I see something that should cost far less than it actually does I become stubborn....again thanks so very much!!
2016-5-19
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.2

United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-5-20 01:29
Fat Shark Glasses and HDMI module....works great....running on Inspire 1

Thanks for the reply....what kind of distance can you get with this setup before you lose video...and when this does happen how do you handle it?
2016-5-19
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

oldcar82 Posted at 2016-5-19 14:15
Thanks for the reply....what kind of distance can you get with this setup before you lose video... ...

The distance is as far as the inspire will go before it loses normal signal....1,000's of ft. Because it's using the HDMI port from the controller it has the same video feed displaying as the tablet or phone.

Hope this is understandable...
2016-5-19
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.2

United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-5-20 04:07
The distance is as far as the inspire will go before it loses normal signal....1,000's of ft. Beca ...

PERFECT.....EXACTLY WHAT I WAS HOPING TO HEAR
2016-5-19
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft

oldcar82 Posted at 2016-5-20 01:48
Thanks so much for the time and effort it helped tremendously...I like the idea of the hood shield ...

it is easy to make, the distance from the screen to where you would pit your face in is 13". i had made one out of cardboard, i used velcro to stick it to backside of ipad, sprayed inside of it mat black.
2016-5-19
Use props
cdvideo
lvl.1

Canada

I have used the FPV in Litche and did find it interesting but alway flipping the goggles up to see where the copter was.  I have ordered an attached video monitor to clip on my glasses so I can see the camera and still keep an eye on the drone . The glases are new and require a HDMI signal which my Acer Tablet will provide.

The monitor can be seen at

http://vufine.com/
2016-5-19
Use props
dreamflights
lvl.1

Russia

Now you can fly at Dream Flights for free (Demo verison 3.00) and check their new headtracking modes, including "airplane-style" headtracking control turns
http://dreamflights.pro/tidings/view/1

UPD: iOS version has just been launched too.
2016-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules