Problem with new P4 out of the box
1135 17 2016-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jinglis
New

United Kingdom

Hi Guys, I just purchased a Phantom 4 after some months of careful consideration, I suppose we have all done that. It came very well packed last week in the excellent DJI moulded styrofoam case.  Checked out the contents of the box, all seemed present,  waited for good weather for first flight. Charged batteries. Then at first opportunity I took it out of the box to test it and noticed one of the legs was suspiciously not fitting into the body correctly. Took photos and sent to Support EU and on the DJI chat line they told me it was "broken" and flying it could make it worse.  I have not flown it at all yet. No damage evident on the box and seals were intact before unboxing. Sent serial number, Proof of Purchase  etc to DJI but no response to that from Support EU, they seem very slow.  I am surprised and dissappointed with this service DJI, you don't seem to take it very seriously. I would like this Phantom 4 replaced with a new one as I don't know how or when it was broken and whether anything else inside is damaged too. Have other people had problems with P4 out of the box? Is there a replacement guarantee with DJI ?  
P4_02.jpg
2016-5-19
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

There's a few things you can do.

A) If you haven't flown it, and if you bought it from Best Buy or Apple. Return it and get a new one.
B) Wait for a DJI forum admin to hop on this thread and ask for your support ticket number.

Good Luck.
2016-5-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If bought in UK then straight back to shop for replacement.

You are entitled to a full refund within first 30 days.
2016-5-19
Use props
jinglis
New

United Kingdom

I bought from SLRhut which has a uk website, phone number and London postal address. It arrived quite quickly and no damage evident on any of the boxes. Security seals intact.
In response to connorschulte: No I have not flown this P4 at all. DJI Support have still not given me a support ticket, that's what I think is very poor. Maybe they are so busy they don't have time to do it, but i am getting more and more fed up with them.   
2016-5-19
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

jinglis Posted at 2016-5-19 11:44
I bought from SLRhut which has a uk website, phone number and London postal address. It arrived quit ...

Call the retailer that you purchased it from and see if they will exchange it!
2016-5-19
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

so sad story bro its also happen with me when i purchased P3 pro . i received it and stay with it some days casue weather is rainy after a flight i notice the shell have damage mark on arm i picked drone and return back to store .............
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your frustration,jinglis. If you get a ticket number from our support, feel free to post it here. Thank you.
2016-5-19
Use props
jinglis
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-20 02:29
Sorry for your frustration,jinglis. If you get a ticket number from our support, feel free to post i ...

As of now they have still not given me a support ticket. Chat tells me to wait and support will send a ticket. Have contacted the seller but no response so far.
Did you remove my post?
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jinglis Posted at 2016-5-20 14:47
As of now they have still not given me a support ticket. Chat tells me to wait and support will se ...

Sorry for the confusion jinglis, since your thread was primarily a service issue, I just changed the categorization of your post from "Phantom" to "Service." So if you have sent an email to our support, could you please leave me your email address here?
2016-5-19
Use props
jinglis
New

United Kingdom

jinglis Posted at 2016-5-20 07:47
As of now they have still not given me a support ticket. Chat tells me to wait and support will se ...

I would like to ask the admins of this forum why this post has been moved to Service. It is not a service issue. This P4 is brand new, unflown, right out of the box and DJI chat line tell me it is "broken" and not to fly it. This is a warranty issue and it should be replaced as it is not "fit for purpose".   Yet I have not been given an RMA number or even a support ticket. What is going on DJI?

2016-5-19
Use props
jinglis
New

United Kingdom

Admin - If you tell me how I will PM you or email you with the details, but you should have it on nmy registration for this forum.
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jinglis Posted at 2016-5-20 15:54
Admin - If you tell me how I will PM you or email you with the details, but you should have it on nm ...

Do you use the same email address to get in touch with our Email support?
2016-5-20
Use props
jinglis
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-20 11:16
Do you use the same email address to get in touch with our Email support?

Yes the same email address.
I have now heard back from the seller I bought the P4 from who has advised me to contact DJI EU. I did this days ago, and sent photos but still have had no RMA or even a ticket number. It does seem as if DJI are trying to hide the issue by putting it under the Service heading. It is not a service issue it is a DOA warranty issue. People should know how DJI behave in such circumstances. I am getting increasingly annoyed with this appalling DJI after sales support and lack of communication.  
2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jinglis Posted at 2016-5-21 02:35
Yes the same email address.
I have now heard back from the seller I bought the P4 from who has adv ...

Sorry for your frustration and the inconvenience caused.We will look into your case.
2016-5-20
Use props
jinglis
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-21 02:27
Sorry for your frustration and the inconvenience caused.We will look into your case.

Thank you, Its very simple, the P4 was already damaged when it was unboxed. It is unused, never flown, out of the box noticed a leg did not fit properly, sent photos, asked DJI support who said it was broken and not to fly it.    Contacted dealer who said to ask DJI for exchange unit, sent all details to DJI EU support a few times now incl photos. Have heard nothing from them for days. No RMA no support ticket. getting very concerned. If you don't exchange I will claim money back from dealer.
2016-5-20
Use props
jinglis
New

United Kingdom

Just to update this posting. DJI EU Support have now agreed to exchange the P4, thanks Paladin, (request #211165) but it took a very long time to get to this stage whilst their replacement guarantee was allowed to expire. It has been a very frustrating experience, not to be recommended. If I were to buy DJI again I would buy from Apple and take it right back to the shop for exchange if there was an issue. Then I would have had a replacement 10 days ago.  I reckon it is worth paying the extra to have this facility. DJI say they will send a UPS returns ticket on Monday. I will keep this posting updated with what occurs next.
2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

jinglis Posted at 2016-5-21 15:28
Just to update this posting. DJI EU Support have now agreed to exchange the P4, thanks Paladin, (req ...

Glad your issue has been sorted! We will keep working on improvements of our service to bring better experience to our users!
2016-5-21
Use props
jinglis
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-22 03:32
Glad your issue has been sorted! We will keep working on improvements of our service to bring bette ...

I received the replacement P4 today, June 1st, and it seems ok, but I still have no idea what could have happened to the previous one. Thanks DJI!
2016-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules