Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Calibration required every use after 1.6.2.10 firmware upgrade
1035 3 2016-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
burke
lvl.1
United States

Maybe it's a good thing, maybe not. Seems the horizon is always off and I need to calibrate with each use, sometimes tilt too. And sometimes it's still off. How rock solid does the unit need to be when performing the auto galibration anyway? (Does it need to warm up?)

When I say each use I mean calibrate, shoot intermitently for 15 minutes, turn off and put in case, drive 10 or 15 minutes, and it needs re-calibration. Does temperature affect it? Such as shooting indoors in AC and then outdoors in full sun?

The horizon also seems to shift over 10-20 minutes or so. Not continuous shooting just 15-30 second clips every minute or so, for 10-20 minutes. Which is about all I do.

I fashioned a dense foam block to hold it upright since I'm afraid it'll fall over if I don't hold it during calibration, but that didn't seem to help.
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
If necessary, timely calibration may help to rescue your footage.

However, when you say "calibration required every use", do you mean the normal video recording or shooting timelapse?

Any feedback or suggestion would be appreciated.
2016-5-19
Use props
burke
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-20 10:53
Hello.
If necessary, timely calibration may help to rescue your footage.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm shooting regular video, 720p-60 usually. Short clips, 10 to 30 seconds. It just seems that every time I take it out of it's case it needs calibration.
2016-5-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

burke Posted at 2016-5-21 18:46
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm shooting regular video, 720p-60 usually. Short clips, 10 to 30 secon ...

Thanks for your reply.
That's normal, there's no need to worry about that.
The Calibration can help the gimbal perform better.
Sometimes, during the shooting, due to some occasional mis-operation, the calibration would also be recommended to use it properly.

2016-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules