Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Osmo calibration and horizontal position
5057 8 2016-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aki321
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone pleaae help. I am so frustrated with my Osmo.
Having a few issues.

Firstly trying to calibrate it. This is so incredibly frustrating . I've literally tried this over 100 times and get the same issue. Starts calibration and then after 30% just stops and says Gimbal Calibration Failed - Keep Osmo fixed and stationary. It is! https://youtu.be/pGCgo1bBFLE

Secondly I start shooting and the Dji just decides randomly to move off the horizontal base or if I am in selfie mode it just seems to drift away from the picture.

Can anyone advise me on what I am doing wromng.

Desperate and very frustrated.

Apppreciate your help.

2016-5-20
Use props
All of us with OSMOs that arnt working properly are upset. They designed the pcb improperly. By mounting the acc/gyro by its heat pad they induced thermoelectric stress and it skews the tilt, angle, rotation data. Its a juvenile design flaw that will not be acknowledged because not all acc/gyros are effected as it is dependent upon the amount of solder paste built up under each unit.
2016-5-20
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, have you got the latest FW on your osmo? how long have you had the osmo? has the osmo worked at all?, just watch your video looks like a internal fault with the unit the gimbal moves very slow etc
2016-5-20
Use props
nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-5-21 10:56
Hi, have you got the latest FW on your osmo? how long have you had the osmo? has the osmo worked at  ...

Latest firmware and brand new..... Sent back today and Paypal taking care of me.
2016-5-20
Use props
aki321
lvl.1

United States

Yes I have the latest firmware installed. Still gives me massive problems. I see I am not the only one experiencing these issues. I purchased mine on Amazon. I have invested in accessories and other items. Really disappointed with this Dji Osmo.  
2016-5-21
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

aki321@gmail.co Posted at 2016-5-22 00:42
Yes I have the latest firmware installed. Still gives me massive problems. I see I am not the only o ...

It looks like it has a internal problem within the gimbal/unit
Can you operate it normally when shooting a video,do all the buttons on the handle work? and can you operate all the functions through the app/device?
2016-5-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Sorry for the problem.
It may have something wrong with the hardware, please contact your dealer for an replacement.

For any other issue, please let me know anytime.
Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-22
Use props
aki321
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Dji Adela. I will do so. Here is another video indicating the problem. I purchased this on Amazon a few weeks back and have still not been able to use the Osmo.
Here is another video with this issue.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

aki321@gmail.co Posted at 2016-5-26 04:26
Thanks Dji Adela. I will do so. Here is another video indicating the problem. I purchased this on Am ...

The device needs to be returned for repair.
If your device is still in our warranty, please contact your dealer ASAP.

If you need any help, please let me know.
Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules