Potential buyer needs serious and accurate information
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nvrpc1
lvl.1

United States

I have been debating if I should buy the Phantom  III Pro or the 3DR SOLO based on capabilities. I need a drone that has the software and capability for me to call up a map on screen such as google maps,  define the start point, add several way-points along a sector of city road I want the drone to fly along as a defined path, at a specific altitude and specific speed which is ~ 2.0 miles long, then return to a define way-point that is ~ the midpoint of where it came from, hover at that point at a fixed altitude, rotating 360 degrees in 90 degree increments while shooting video then return home ( launch point ) afterward or  if power gets low and land safely at its start point.  Will this Phantom III Pro do this and is this mapping part of the software and firmware

ScreenHunter_496 May. 16 10.23.jpg
2016-5-20
Use props
CruxisX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2146 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Phantom's 3 way points can do everything you mentioned, however, it is a "pre-defined flight path" meaning you will need to fly the exact path that you'd like the P3 to replicate. The only other parameter you can change is the speed of the P3.

So in my honest opinion I do not think it will work very well for you. I haven't flown the Solo, but if it's anything like the pixhawk fight controller, you should be able to do what you mentioned. Don't quote me on that though, you'll need to contact their forums.
Edit: there might be some apps you can purchase for the P3 that will allow you to do what you mentioned. The first one that comes to mind is called "drone deploy". You should check them out.

2016-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules