First time Phantom 3 std. firmware update issue
1257 10 2016-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coplera
New

United States

Hello,

Just bought a brand new Phantom 3 Std. I was following the DJI GO app's instructions to update the firmware before the first flight. I got to the part where the app said the firmware had successfully updated and then it instructed me to restart the remote and aircraft. however the quad was still continously beeping 1 long beep and 2 short beeps. I let it continue for another few minutes...but when it didn't stop I finally just restarted the quad thinking that it was the completion signal... I did noticed that the small led above the gimbal was solid green. But now when I restart the quad the video feed works but in the upper left corner it says RC lost signal and the quad/gimbal will not respond to any stick inputs... Did I do something wrong by shutting down the quad before it finished beeping? Is there a way to redownload the firmware or convert back to the previous firmware? the app isnt prompting me to update any more. I dont know what to do and I haven't even gotten to fly the dang thing yet

Thankyou for any and all advice!

Ron C.

2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello copler, you can try to link your RC and drone again. Besides, could you please post the hidden upgrade log here?You can find it with these steps:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-5-20
Use props
reinier1971
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1679724 ft
Netherlands

Same isseu here.
Yesterday updated the firmware and now at 40 Meters a 'm lossing the connection.
Very frustrating this........
2016-5-21
Use props
reinier1971
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1679724 ft
Netherlands

titanflyers55@g Posted at 2016-5-21 13:26
hello friend.. didn't you try something ???

No not yet.
I'll still waiting from an answare by Dji.
Have send them a message but still no answare......
2016-5-21
Use props
purpledogww
lvl.1

United States

Having the same problem. Would like to try downloading the firmware again  but don't know where to find it!
2016-5-21
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

Did dji remove the newest update for the standard? Go app wanted me to update and i didn't, but i no longer see the update banner in app.
2016-5-21
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

I have the P3S and have 1.5.70 i think. I use both ipad mini 4 wifi only and galaxy s6 edge plus and haven't experienced any signal issues except when my RC antenna wasn't positioned correctly with the craft.
2016-5-21
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

I used the ipad mini 4 for the first time today and still didnt get the update banner in the go app for the update which is why i thought they removed the update
2016-5-21
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

Im using the current go app for both android and ios. Sorry i dont have the exact firmware numbers for you, my p3s is charging. My p3s has the last firmware before the current.
2016-5-21
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

Version 2.8.1 on ios and 2.8.0 on android.
2016-5-21
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

Now i know when using my galaxy s6 i haven't had any signal issues but i also didn't really go really really far with it. Today with my mini 4 i had it 1000ft out and 1000ft up and had no signal issues.
2016-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules