10467 6 2016-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mazurlazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2303 ft
United States

Hello all,

I will be shooting a personal documentary project in Paris over the next two weeks and I am trying to figure out if I should bring my Inspire 1 Pro. I would mostly be bringing the drone to shoot footage outside of the city and obviously will not be flying it anywhere near monuments or crowded streets. The searches that I have conducted thus far make it seem like France is quite reasonable with drones under 25kg but I'm curious if any of you have experience flying a UAV in or around Paris. Especially in lieu of recent events, I want to make sure I'm not acting like a jerk and attracting unwanted attention.

Here's a link to the general rules - www.mydronehub.com/drones-101/regulations/

Any help/advice/anecdotes are much appreciated!
2016-5-21
Use props
Prax
lvl.2

France

http://www.developpement-durable ... ticulieres_v1-0.pdf
2016-5-21
Use props
lukeneumann
lvl.2
United States

I bet you wouldn't bother anybody by flying over the Seine...as long as you don't buzz the river cruises.  Find a spot on the opposite side of the Eiffel Tower and upstream a block or two and I bet you could get some footage from there.  I wouldn't suggest flying anywhere near the tower as it's right by Ecole Militaire and other government facilities.  

Outside of that, I would utilize some longer lenses.  Paris can get hazy but if it's clear a 25mm or even the 45mm will probably make your life a lot easier and allow you to get shots from further away while taking off in a non touristy (and therefore more lax) neighborhood.  
2016-5-21
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

My guess, don't take your Inspire to Paris ! So far I know, since the attacks Paris is a no-fly zone. What's more , drones are not allowed to fly over urban areas.
Shortly after the attacks drones were all over the news. The authorities made it very clear that you shouldn't fly in Paris.
I live in Belgium and wouldn't take my drone to Brussels. Since the new law is installed regarding drones it's pretty much impossible to fly without a license.
Just not worth it. You're gonna get in trouble anyhow.
2016-5-22
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Generally all around the world you're not supposed to fly within 150m or over congested zones which includes cities unless you have a licence. I expect in paris you will get stopped & questioned given the recent events. Probably arrested & fined as per this article.
http://www.thelocal.fr/20141003/ ... over-paris-monument

Unless you operate with permissions from the authorities etc.

Out in the countryside you'll be ok.
2016-5-22
Use props
DCTL
New

France

same question, although this is a old thread I was hoping someone would let me know if paris is still a no-fly zone or not
2017-2-4
Use props
Farn
New
Flight distance : 20390 ft
Singapore

Writing in this old thread hopeful to find any help/ info necessary... Flying to London in end December and then taking the eurostar to Paris Gare Du Nord. Will there be any hindrance or objections bringing the Mavic pro through customs to Paris?
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules