DJI GO GEO = DJI GO Unlimit ? (it does not work on Ipad )
2630 24 2016-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patrick-md
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2085745 ft
Réunion

Hi, I've contact the flysafe for DJI GO GEO (The name of my app is  DJI GO unlimit, it's the same ?) and installed it on the Ipad (and on a iphone)
But I've a message said : this app is not approved by apple.... !!! so I can't launch it....
My IOS is 9.3.2.

Please help, I need to doing a flight in a NFZ very soon...

Thanks by advance

2016-5-21
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Where did you get the App
2016-5-21
Use props
patrick-md
lvl.1
Réunion

Flysafe give me à Link for download it.
2016-5-21
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

No-fly-zones are no-fly-zones for a reason: because flying there could cause harm to yourself (so be it) or to others (100 % unacceptable).
Also you are giving all 'normal' users of drones a bad name.
There simply is not and there can never be a reason to fly in a NF-zone.
2016-5-21
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

Do you have some special permission (a job, etc.) to fly in a No Fly Zone, if not you are breaking one of the cardinal rules supported by DJI relative to No Fly Zone.  I would also download the FCC app B4UFLY as it will very accurately tell you No Fly Zone, Must Check type zones, etc..
2016-5-21
Use props
ramphex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2361926 ft
United States

Thank you forum police. You also need to realize that closed down airports that are used for other activities are still marked as no-fly-zones. It's really none of your business why he wants to fly and there. He has a question regarding the app.

I E-Mailed them for DJI Geo / iOS Beta App and still waiting for any kind of info back from them.
2016-5-21
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

ramphex Posted at 2016-5-22 02:42
Thank you forum police. You also need to realize that closed down airports that are used for other a ...

It is absolutely 100 % our business as he is causing harm to all law-abiding users of drones around the world. Why does he or do you think that you are better than all the rest and that rules don't apply to you ?
2016-5-22
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

ramphex Posted at 2016-5-22 08:42
Thank you forum police. You also need to realize that closed down airports that are used for other a ...

Where doe the OP mention "closed down airports" in his (assume "his") post? As for it being a legitimate place to fly or not, if it is marked no-fly zone and there is a possibility of it being an error, it is still our responsibility to check with local/regional FAA for any exceptions.  Did we learn nothing from the notoriety of the person that flew their drone into a plane in London?  If birds can down a jet on take off, why presume that a drone can't?  No-Fly is no-fly until someone in a position to change that designation says so.
2016-5-22
Use props
patrick-md
lvl.1
Réunion

Hi,
Thank you Ramphex ! ;-)
Yes, of course, I've the authorizations for this... Who do you take me ?

I've install the app on Ipad, Iphone, but impossible to launch it. (app is not approved by apple !?!?, and this app not run until app will be approved)
I think it's because it's a beta version ??
I've installed the app on Androîd and the app run (yeaaah ! ), but don't want to see an connect with the UAV (noooo :-(

Any news about this ?

2016-5-22
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-22 00:48
No-fly-zones are no-fly-zones for a reason: because flying there could cause harm to yourself (so be ...

No, they have nothing to the safety. Better read air-law in Your country mate.
DJI NFZ have nothing common to real air zone coverage.
Only UAV operator is responsible for being awareness of local law, alocal air zones and proper persmissions.

There are a LOT of limited zones on the airmap what is not marked as NFZ and you CAN fly them depending on other conditions (time, permissions), and a zones marked as NFZ in DJI are in many cases are NOT LIMITED by any local air-law.

So DJI NFZ are bull $hit, you should not rely on them at all, becaue you may break Your law. No one need it, because every UAV is obligated to know his local air-law... like a bikecyclist is obligated to know road-law.
2016-5-22
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-22 17:13
No, they have nothing to the safety. Better read air-law in Your country mate.
DJI NFZ have nothing ...

I don't know how thngs are in Poland but in my country DJI noflyzones correspond 100 % with zones that are dangerous to fly UAV over. These are not only airports but also chemical plants, military installations, nuclear plants etc.

But bottomline of this thread is that somebody who boasts to be a 'professional' and 'has a licence' and 'needs to fly in a NF-zone soon' , I can assure you: a real person with those credentials will not need to wait for a beta-version of a program for a hobby/toy-aircraft.

And oh, I'm not your 'mate'.
2016-5-22
Use props
patrick-md
lvl.1
Réunion

Oulaaa... toi tu m'a l'air d'être un sacré c.. monsieur je sais tout.. C'est bon ? t'a fini de ramener ta science ?, parce que t'es hors sujet là...
2016-5-22
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-22 18:09
I don't know how thngs are in Poland but in my country DJI noflyzones correspond 100 % with zones t ...

I tried to be nice, but you still dont understand. If you really want to go that way, well...

Stop talking when you dont aware the subject, learn somethings about Your local airspace local airlaw, because now you are the danger in the air.
I just have readed about Belgium airspace - nothing common with DJI nfz, at all.

You met wrong person.

P.S.
You can 'assure' your colleagues who are painting streets, not me.
2016-5-22
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

patrick-md Posted at 2016-5-23 06:12
Oulaaa... toi tu m'a l'air d'être un sacré c.. monsieur je sais tout.. C'est bon ? t'a fini de ram ...

Why do French people keep assuming that the rest of the world speaks/understands French ?
For your information: 62 % of people in Belgium speak Dutch, 4 % German, 27 % French and 4 % "other languages'.
2016-5-23
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-23 08:13
I tried to be nice, but you still dont understand. If you really want to go that way, well...

Stop ...

We do not paint streets anymore here. We leave that to the hundreds of Polish guys that come here to make some money because they can not find a decent job in their own country.
2016-5-23
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-22 22:03
Where doe the OP mention "closed down airports" in his (assume "his") post? As for it being a legi ...

You can fly within the 5 mile radius of Class D and non-towered airports if you call ahead and get permission.
2016-5-23
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-23 23:53
We do not paint streets anymore here. We leave that to the hundreds of Polish guys that come here  ...

You made my day, you must have a wrong info from Your lefty media, because Polish guys are in Poland with their childrens and womans and they have pretty good money here.

Communism ended at 89... wake up.

So, back to painting your streets and wait for cultural enrichment. You can also try singing or dancing with Your boyfriend. Thats only You can do.

P.S.
Unfortunately You have right at one point, there is one guy of us in Your country, he is the President of the European Council at now, but You may keep him, nobody here want him back.
2016-5-23
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-22 16:03
Where doe the OP mention "closed down airports" in his (assume "his") post? As for it being a legi ...

You mean the drone that turned out to be a plastic bag?
There are situations when you not only have to fly in a marked NFZ but when you're allowed to (you are aware that you can just get permission from the tower, right). And being a pro doesn't change the fact that, if you fly Phantoms or Inspires, you have to deal with a beta app. It just means you'll also deal with tower communication (both ahead of flight or during flight) as that's the part you can control. Software alas, you have to make do with what's available.
2016-5-24
Use props
ramphex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2361926 ft
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-22 22:03

Please link me to the article confirming it was a drone and explain to me how a 3 pound hard plastic drone does not cause any damage to a sheet metal body of a plane while birds do.
2016-5-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ramphex Posted at 2016-5-30 10:37
Please link me to the article confirming it was a drone and explain to me how a 3 pound hard plast ...

Get off your high horse. Before you go criticising other members, it would be a good idea if you knew what you are talking about.

As other had already said, the NFZs are often airfields that are either rarely used or closed, and if you get permission from the tower, then you can fly within them.

This is exactly why DJI have created a beta version that allows you to authorise yourself to fly in certain NFZs, while other remain locked.

2016-5-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

ramphex Posted at 2016-5-30 08:37
Please link me to the article confirming it was a drone and explain to me how a 3 pound hard plast ...

As of April 18th all the reports said it was a Drone. On April 21st a Drone was not ruled out, just that it "might" have been a plastic bag.. and we're not talking potential damage to the windshield..  Suck one into an engine though and the potential for damage is a lot greater.  Regardless though of it being a plastic bag (and just where does a plastic bag come from?) or not, NFZs are in place for a reason.  If the OP had permission great.. but as a rule if it is a NFZ and you're not sure, you shouldn't fly..
2016-5-29
Use props
yeabserashire02
New

United States

How did the link open for you??!
2016-9-24
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-21 19:29
Do you have some special permission (a job, etc.) to fly in a No Fly Zone, if not you are breaking o ...

he is not in the US, fwiw

the faa app would not apply.

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-9-24
Use props
fans60d3386e
New
United States

Ok, now listen up. Some people (including myself) are Part 107 certified in the United States. Most of us certified people are aware of the dangers of flying sUAS (drones) near airports. Me for example, I have a request from an airport manager to get footage of the ramp. I do not intend to fly anywhere near the runway or in the path of the aircraft. My altitude is intended for no more than 50 feet off the ground and I have an aircraft radio to monitor all aircraft and transmit if needed. DJI is making it near impossible for legitimate people like me to conduct business. Initially, I was able to successfully download, launch the unlimit app and take off in DJI's designated no fly zones. I also got waivers from the FAA. Additionally, I signed release forms for DJI and provided them with documentation, including my drivers license. Now the app won't even launch, I suspect it was an iOS update on my iPad. According to the e-mail sent with the unlock codes and instructions, I am still cleared to fly in the requested zones until later this year. DJI never informed me of an updated unlimit app. DJI's customer support is unacceptable.
2017-4-1
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

So... i know u can unlock yellow/orange zones, i've done it before.. that is just in the GO app.. r u guys saying that for unlocking a red zone, u actually get a customized app from dji that removed that specific zone? And I disagree with people that say you can never fly in no fly zone.. u can, if u do paperwork and get cleared, from the legality point of view..  Anyhow, interesting how they actually do it, aside from flying atti and giving your drone an aluminum foil hat ;)
Would be interested about hearing the experience and the process that actually someone got to work! Not that I need to do it, just interested in the process.
2017-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules