Phantom2 Vision Plus Gimbal (flashing green light)
3834 13 2016-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft

Hello flyers, the light on my gimbal flashes green, and I do not get a image with my tablet, any idea's as to what is going on? Thank you for any and all help.
2016-5-21
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

It all depends how fast its flashing.

2016-05-21.png
2016-5-21
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-5-22 03:28
It all depends how fast its flashing.

johnwarr, I would say it is the second "slow green blink" . So what is the cause? how do I fix it? Thank you much!
2016-5-21
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Idle then, means its not doing anything, does it change to Green / Orange when its recording ?
Do you have all the other app functions working, just no camera view ?
Most problems are caused by a mismatch of firmware, you need to me on the last versions for the app / aircraft and camera.
In the app with the Phantom connected go to "about" and check you have the latest firmware with the downloads page for the Vision +
2016-5-21
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-5-21 16:51
Idle then, means its not doing anything, does it change to Green / Orange when its recording ?
Do yo ...

yes, when I record the light changes Green/Orange. All other App functions are working (no camera view). When I start the Wi-Fi for the Phantom it goes from solid Green to flashing green when it connects to the Wi-Fi.

Software 3.8
App 1.0.58
Camera 1.3.0g
NAZA-M (MC) 3.12
2016-5-21
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

P2V+ Assist

P2V+ Assist

John here is what my Assistant software says. It was doing ok until I changed to my second battery and tried to fly again.
2016-5-21
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

So it sounds like everything Is working, camera / Wi-Fi / etc.
I would update the firmware (don't be afraid, I upgraded when it came out in April 2015)
Also check the FC200 camera version in the app, make sure its 1.3g, you have to update with the micro SD card in the gimbal. (this was early 2015)
Downloads are on the Vision + page HERE
Good luck
2016-5-21
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-5-22 13:43
I would update the firmware (don't be ...

Could be the Wi-Fi module, from what I understand. Thank you for your replies John.
2016-5-22
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Could be, but before buying another one, I would still make sure ALL firmware including the FC200 is the last version released, and then if all else fails try re-binding the range extender (as a last resort as unless you have changed the internal or external Wi-Fi units this should not need doing)
2016-05-22.png
2016-5-22
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-5-22 20:13
Could be, but before buying another one, I would still make sure ALL firmware including the FC200 is ...

Yes, the FC200 firmware for the camera is 1.3.0g it shouldn't need binding as I can still work the camera up and down and snap picture just no camera view.
2016-5-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Tom,
closely check all the cables at the base of the gimbal, they can be finicky,
that said, wifi modules have gone on several phantoms,

This was from another thread:
The wif transmitter in the Phantom itself contains two PCB boards. One for telemetry and the second is video. The video board have had some issues in the past and have burned out.
Try these and if none work the video is most likely out.
Video feed trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
•        Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
•        Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
.        Check bluetooth be sure it is off
•        Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
•        Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
•        Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
•        Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
           Try reformatting the SD card with  full format.
•        Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
Check the three leads going to the gimbal to be sure they are tight. Check each one closely for any pins that may have pulled up and loose.
If the above don't get it then the only remaining check is the video feed plug on the wifi transmitter under the shell.
If that's ok then it's most likely a damaged or burnt out wifi transmitter if you still see the SID.

and here is another interesting thread..
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D370%26typeid%3D370

And finally this one:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D370%26typeid%3D370
2016-5-22
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4

Thanks, Northofthe49th I will check it all out. All my updates are up to date, however I do have problems with the cable that keeps popping out after it came back from issues I had when I first purchased the P2V+. Normally all I have to do is push the connector back down and all is fine. I have a solid green light when I first cycle on the P2V+, but when I connect to the P2V+ Wi-Fi it starts to blink. I'm not a electronics engineer, but it seems if I am not bound to the Phantom I would not have telemetry, nor would my camera move up and down. I will go through the list you sent me, I do appreciate your help. I won't purchase the Wi-Fi module no matter what. I do have a Phantom3 Advanced, but I do like flying them both. I can still fly my P2V+, I'm just flying blindly. Hopefully I can figure it out! Again Thank you!
2016-5-22
Use props
txduggan
lvl.1
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-5-22 01:43
I would update the firmware (don't be ...

Sorry to sound ignorant, but how do you check what version of firmware is on the FC200?

I'm not seeing it in Assistant....or, I'm not looking at it correctly...

Thanks!

-Tom D
2016-8-8
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

You check it in the Vision app, with the phantom connected, go to "settings" then "about" it will give you the app version, camera version and phantom firmware version....
2016-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules